Visa options after Non O expires?

I'm on my last leg of a Non O Visa for marriage to a Thai wife and am wondering what options are available next. My current visa was issued in Savannakhet for 1 year with no financial proof required. I also have an 8 month old Thai child if that makes any difference.

Will I be able to apply for the same visa in Savannakhet again?

Is it possible to extend this visa without financial proof?

Thanks

No problem to apply for another non-o visa in Savannakhet. Still no need for financial proof.

You could apply for a 60 day extension of your current 90 day entry to visit your wife. No financial proof is needed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rxr said:

Ok I'll be sure to have those signed

Have you done your last 90 day out/in jyst before the enter/use by date to get another 90 days so your visa lasts 15 months ?

Then you can get a 60 day extension locally so you end up with nearly 17 months.

2 hours ago, pr9spk said:

Why these embassies don't have photocopiers is beyond me.

Some do (Vientiane does), but in Savannakhet, you can get this done directly across the street.  Sometimes (not always, per reports) the consulate wants a copy of your entry-stamp to Laos, and that is an easy place to do it.

2 hours ago, rxr said:

Is it possible to extend this visa without financial proof?

If you apply for a one year extension you need at least 400K in the bank or a certified income of at least 40K pm; however, if you apply as the parent the 400K only needs to be in your account on the day you apply.

9 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Some do (Vientiane does), but in Savannakhet, you can get this done directly across the street.  Sometimes (not always, per reports) the consulate wants a copy of your entry-stamp to Laos, and that is an easy place to do it.

I am certain that these places have photocopiers, but they can't be arsed to copy documents for all and sundry. If they charged 20 baht a copy, I'm sure everyone would pay to avoid losing their place in the queue, and they could make a bit of extra cash. The British embassy at wireless road will do as many copies as they need without charge.

There is no way a modern embassy can operate without a photocopier, they just don't want the hassle of having to copy your documents. 

I know that the guys opposite the Savannkhet embassy do a good job, but surely the embassy could do the same and put them out of business?

Sometimes it seems like they are deliberately trying to make things as difficult as possible.

If you want really bad service, try getting at visa in Cairo hahahahahahahaahaahaahahahahahaahahaha.

In my personal experience, Egyptian immigration officers make the Thai ones look like saints. But that's something for a whole 'nother thread.

Edited by pr9spk

On 8/29/2018 at 7:06 AM, ubonjoe said:

No she does not. But be sure she signs copies of her house book registry and ID card.

What is this? What about she does not own a house/apartment? What if the couple is living in a rented apartment/guesthouse?

Or is it the place of her residence?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

What is this? What about she does not own a house/apartment? What if the couple is living in a rented apartment/guesthouse?

Or is it the place of her residence?

Thank you

Every Thai is in a "house book" somewhere.  It may be her parents house.  It is not necessarily where she is living currently.  "Tabien Baan" is the Thai term, and she should know what it is, and should have a copy with her. 

If she doesn't have a copy handy, she can go to any amphoe office (not only her home-amphoe) and get an official one printed out.  This can then be photocopied, and the copy signed by her (same with her ID).

• Like 1