4 Days in or around Saigon, what would you recommend?

Phatbeets

Hi all,

a friend of mine has 4 full days after arriving in Saigon beginning of September.

He wants to do some sightseeing in Saigon + enjoy its vibe so that will take him two days. 

He asked for some recommendations / ideas of what to do with the other two days. Obviously he doesn't want to loose 

too much time in transportation but he is not reluctant to taking an internal flight.

I guess he would like to experience the atmosphere also somewhere else. I would recommend him Nha Trang since its a lively

city with a nice scenery in a 1h flight time distance. I think he will see more of Vietnam there than in Phu Quoc.

Wonder what you would recommend?

Another option would be to stay in Ho Chi Minh and do 1 or 2 day trips, however here I must admit, I have no clue what is worth doing and what not.

Thanks in advance.

if yer friend wants to spend 2 days elsewhere in VN then I suggest an overnight in Hanoi, plenty of flights everyday SGN - HAN...spend some time walking about the Old Town to see the contrast with HCMC, he won't be disappointed...search for other threads on the forum (there's plenty) that discuss...

• 3 months later...

If you can handle chairs for 4-year-olds, then try a fresh beer place. A few years ago, I got like 6 or 7 glasses for a buck?

Got friends to join you?

Massage: GRASTON technique, got dark red stripes down my arms and shoulders. Hit and miss, as everywhere.

Do order some delicatessen by motorcycle delivery. Got amazing Vegetarian tofu spring rolls with salad and sauce to dip in. 15 for 85,000 VND delivered in Thanh Hoa City. Good for 2 meals (am gobbling them up)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 6:46 PM, BurgerGung said:

If you can handle chairs for 4-year-olds, then try a fresh beer place. A few years ago, I got like 6 or 7 glasses for a buck?

Got friends to join you?

Massage: GRASTON technique, got dark red stripes down my arms and shoulders. Hit and miss, as everywhere.

Do order some delicatessen by motorcycle delivery. Got amazing Vegetarian tofu spring rolls with salad and sauce to dip in. 15 for 85,000 VND delivered in Thanh Hoa City. Good for 2 meals (am gobbling them up)

a lot of the bia hoi ('fresh beer', draft beer) places have got regular seating when served inside...it's when out on the sidewalk that they got the plastic kiddie furniture, maybe the cops want you to appear as small as possible if yer drinking beer outside on the pavement...a couple of places I went to in Hanoi also had a bar menu with snacks, spring rolls, etc...could spend an afternoon drinking bia hoi with pals for about a fiver...

Archived