Jump to content

Multi Non O visa Marriage


Recommended Posts

I am currently in Thailand on an extension for retirement and am thinking of changing to Non O based on Marriage. I am legally married and have been for

19 years with 2 kids both hold Thai citizenship. Where is the best / nearest place to obtain a Multi Non O (Marriage)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you want to get a multiple entry non-o visa? You could change the reason for your extension from retirement to marriage. 

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. Or in Penang Malaysia by showing 400k baht in a bank or proof of income.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why do you want to get a multiple entry non-o visa? You could change the reason for your extension from retirement to marriage. 

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. Or in Penang Malaysia by showing 400k baht in a bank or proof of income.

Thinking of getting work permit but currently on extension based on retirement and didn't think I could change reason until it is due to expire

Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine, recently married but still working internationally, just got his 1-year, multi-entry O based on having a Thai spouse from the Thai Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, andygrr said:

Thinking of getting work permit but currently on extension based on retirement and didn't think I could change reason until it is due to expire

You do have to wait until your current extension is about to expire. You would have to go out for a non-o visa in order to apply for an extension based upon marriage before then. But a single entry non-o would be all that you would need if you want to apply for an extension.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, andygrr said:

Thinking of getting work permit but currently on extension based on retirement and didn't think I could change reason until it is due to expire

The labour office are happy to issue a WP on a multi O.

Biggest annoyance being HR departments insisting you must have a B. I've had several issued in Rayong and Chonburi without a problem and only ever had multi O's.

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do have to wait until your current extension is about to expire. You would have to go out for a non-o visa in order to apply for an extension based upon marriage before then. But a single entry non-o would be all that you would need if you want to apply for an extension.

Is it possible to get a 1 year work permit on a multi o marriage without doing the extensions

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, andygrr said:

Is it possible to get a 1 year work permit on a multi o marriage without doing the extensions

Re my last post, just be aware that many companies are not aware that it can be done on a multi O visa.

The visa only has to be non Imm'  O or B.

Some will tell you that Imm' say it must be a B but in fact it has nothing to do with Imm'

The labour dept only are responsible for WP's.

One benefit with it ( multi 0 ) is that when the job finishes, whatever reason, you keep the visa. An extension based on a single B ends the same day as the work/job.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Re my last post, just be aware that many companies are not aware that it can be done on a multi O visa.

The visa only has to be non Imm'  O or B.

Some will tell you that Imm' say it must be a B but in fact it has nothing to do with Imm'

The labour dept only are responsible for WP's.

One benefit with it ( multi 0 ) is that when the job finishes, whatever reason, you keep the visa. An extension based on a single B ends the same day as the work/job.

This reflects my personal experience several years ago ion Bangkok. I already had a Non-O based on marriage but my employer's HR insisted that since it's been "issued against a marriage", the Labor Office said it couldn't be used to support their WP application. Not sure who was blowing smoke but no biggie at that time. I sent off my other passport to the RTC in Hull along with the company paperwork to get a new multi O and then flipped the passports during a work-related out-in through KL.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, overherebc said:

Multi O means 90 day leaving and returning to Thailand every 90 days.

If you're happy to do it, then you can make each visa last 17 months minus a day or two.

Does that mean it can be extended for 60 days, and then re-enter just before the extension expires to get the further 90 days ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mancub said:

Does that mean it can be extended for 60 days, and then re-enter just before the extension expires to get the further 90 days ?

An "out/in" just before it expires ("enter before" date) gets you to about 15 months (12+3), and the 60-day extension to "visit wife" gets you to almost 17 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

An "out/in" just before it expires ("enter before" date) gets you to about 15 months (12+3), and the 60-day extension to "visit wife" gets you to almost 17 months.

Thanks, I'd not previously considered an extension option....any drama involved in obtaining one ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, mancub said:

Thanks, I'd not previously considered an extension option....any drama involved in obtaining one ?

 

It depends on the office.  The basics are - your wife needs to come with, and no financials required.  Bring marriage docs, her ID and a signed-copy, and a signed-copy of her Tabien Baan.

As an example of location-specific issues: In Jomtien, if you rent a condo, they may ask for a pile of docs you will be unlikely to get from your landlord, but if you own your own condo - no problem.  A retirement extension in the same office does not involve this problem.

 

At Chang Wattana (Bangkok), you don't need to do any TM-30 stuff at all (reporting a foreigner's address to immigration), but in many other offices you could be fined for not having done this already, and service only provided if you pay the fine (even if it was a landlord's responsibility to make the report).

 

Bottom line, in some areas, it is better to never set foot in the local immigration office if you can avoid it - or not for certain services.  In other areas, or for different services in the same office, the personnel are friendly, helpful, and won't invent made-up document requests.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

It depends on the office.  The basics are - your wife needs to come with, and no financials required.  Bring marriage docs, her ID and a signed-copy, and a signed-copy of her Tabien Baan.

As an example of location-specific issues: In Jomtien, if you rent a condo, they may ask for a pile of docs you will be unlikely to get from your landlord, but if you own your own condo - no problem.  A retirement extension in the same office does not involve this problem.

 

At Chang Wattana (Bangkok), you don't need to do any TM-30 stuff at all (reporting a foreigner's address to immigration), but in many other offices you could be fined for not having done this already, and service only provided if you pay the fine (even if it was a landlord's responsibility to make the report).

 

Bottom line, in some areas, it is better to never set foot in the local immigration office if you can avoid it - or not for certain services.  In other areas, or for different services in the same office, the personnel are friendly, helpful, and won't invent made-up document requests.

Much appreciated !

We've been in Ubon for the last 4 years and have, as yet, managed to avoid any unnecessary visit to Immigration. Usually do the Savannakhet trip with no issues, so perhaps will just keep it simple !

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, mancub said:

Much appreciated !

We've been in Ubon for the last 4 years and have, as yet, managed to avoid any unnecessary visit to Immigration. Usually do the Savannakhet trip with no issues, so perhaps will just keep it simple !

Should be a simple exercise.

eg Multi O expires last of september. Do an out in two days before and get 90 days, so now 15 months on original visa. A week or two before the 90 days finish go to your local Imm' and get another 60 days for 1900 baht.

TM 30 and TM 28 ? depends on what your local Imm' require. My area only require updates if you change address.

I've had 17 months from each of my last 1 year multi 0 'visas'

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...