What do you like and dislike most about Thailand?

Brunolem

Cheap women, alcohol, food, no tax payable as a non resident from investment back in the old country.

Dislikes: Back burning, charcoal fires when neighbours are cooking, mosquitoes, vehicles allowed to drive into schools to pick up kids as its a recipe for disaster, time it takes to fix potholes, 90 reporting and annual paperpile for extension renewal, not to mention the hour plus drive for a 5 minute job to reissue 90 day paper, Thai''s not standing up for themselves, unlicensed kids on bikes, drivers not giving way (don't have too attitude), unlicensed, over the limit, no rego plates, police not knowing how to direct traffic properly, I could go on, but the dislikes are trivial compared to the lifestyle I have here making money, not paying taxes and not having to work for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hobz said:

The "women behaving like women" must be code for "I have nothing to offer women except money and that no longer works in the west" 

Still works very well in the West, but only for the "lucky" few...

So-called "celebrities" or "socialites" are very high maintenance call girls, so expensive that the salaries of the football players and other athletes, who are the only ones who can afford marrying these Rolls Royce of prostitution, had to be substantially increased in order to help them cope with the costs!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Still works very well in the West, but only for the "lucky" few...

So-called "celebrities" or "socialites" are very high maintenance call girls, so expensive that the salaries of the football players and other athletes, who are the only ones who can afford marrying these Rolls Royce of prostitution, had to be substantially increased in order to help them cope with the costs!

Yes, it still goes on in the west on all levels. 

25 minutes ago, helloagain said:

Likes my thai wife, my home. Cheap labour and can download good tv. Money you can make buying land when you first come here and sell 12 years later.    Hates piss heads who smoke in bars and resturants. Corruption in all areas. Most peoples lack of driving skills. No police checking licence or helmits at markets. Shop staff who come to you the second you look at something and cant speak english or understand if you were selling something would you employ these staff. The way many thais have quick anger issues. People who are too lazy to find things out themselves and just ask on thai visa christs sake ask google or get your ex bar girl to phone up. Crazy prices at international hospital. I think i better stop there 55555

"The way many thais have quick anger issues"

You seem to have a few anger issues yourself my friend ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, helloagain said:

Likes my thai wife, my home. Cheap labour and can download good tv. Money you can make buying land when you first come here and sell 12 years later.    Hates piss heads who smoke in bars and resturants. Corruption in all areas. Most peoples lack of driving skills. No police checking licence or helmits at markets. Shop staff who come to you the second you look at something and cant speak english or understand if you were selling something would you employ these staff. The way many thais have quick anger issues. People who are too lazy to find things out themselves and just ask on thai visa christs sake ask google or get your ex bar girl to phone up. Crazy prices at international hospital. I think i better stop there 55555

So all in all, you don't like it very much?

I won't ask the obvious question...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Cheap women, alcohol, food, no tax payable as a non resident from investment back in the old country.

Dislikes: Back burning, charcoal fires when neighbours are cooking, mosquitoes, vehicles allowed to drive into schools to pick up kids as its a recipe for disaster, time it takes to fix potholes, 90 reporting and annual paperpile for extension renewal, not to mention the hour plus drive for a 5 minute job to reissue 90 day paper, Thai''s not standing up for themselves, unlicensed kids on bikes, drivers not giving way (don't have too attitude), unlicensed, over the limit, no rego plates, police not knowing how to direct traffic properly, I could go on, but the dislikes are trivial compared to the lifestyle I have here making money, not paying taxes and not having to work for it. 

DRiving without lights , Cars , trucks and bikes

17 minutes ago, Nice Boyd said:

The Constant  Lying, is Ridiculous 

Lying?

Why do you keep watching CNN when you can get the untarnished truth on channels 3 to 11...free of charge on top of that!

Edited by Brunolem
  • Confused 2

The burning of rubbish that starts in the early evening. It just consumes the whole surrounding areas and stinks the whole house out.

Don't  like the smell of burning rubber unless you're shagging. ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, manta said:

The burning of rubbish that starts in the early evening. It just consumes the whole surrounding areas and stinks the whole house out.

Don't  like the smell of burning rubber unless you're shagging. ?

Go to Lazada and search for gruenluft. Worth it.

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Or it could just be you, looking for code and hidden meaning when there isn't any. :crazy:    Which may be one of several reasons why @NCC1701A

has found peace living AWAY from silly farangs with attitudes like yours.

BTW, money works GREAT in the West. Just takes more of it is all. 

Hehe yes, I feel ya, and yes, it works in the west too, but it takes more money than most have.

But almost any foreigner can afford a Thai lady.

And I still think this is what OP actually meant. He likes Thailand because he can get laid because he can afford so. It has nothing or very little to do with women in the west not being women. I bet unless OP has some fetish for Asian or Thai women (not at all unlikely) he would prefer a hot white girl. But he can't attract or afford one.

PS, I know because I am one. Yes, go ahead and laugh at me. At least I'm honest. And I know, I just know I'm not alone.

Edited by hobz
  • Haha 1

Another massive and aggravating dislike is shopping at places like Power Buy. 

They have all these displays everywhere of items that they have for sale but when you go any try to buy something they dont have stock. 

Sales people hovering over me while im looking at items and when I finally decide on something they say they dont have. <deleted> why didnt you tell me that when you were watching me look at this chit for half an hour. 

• Thanks 2

I like the tropical weather and swimming while it rains in the rainy season, I love the Thai food, I like it that strangers always have a smile 

for you....and I like the passive nature of the Thai people, not so much aggression....in fact very little ....... the cost of living...

dislike the pollution......and squat toilets don’t rate highly.

overall it’s a good life here.....