What do you like and dislike most about Thailand?

Brunolem

54 minutes ago, hobz said:

Hehe yes, I feel ya, and yes, it works in the west too, but it takes more money than most have.

But almost any foreigner can afford a Thai lady.

And I still think this is what OP actually meant. He likes Thailand because he can get laid because he can afford so. It has nothing or very little to do with women in the west not being women. I bet unless OP has some fetish for Asian or Thai women (not at all unlikely) he would prefer a hot white girl. But he can't attract or afford one.

PS, I know because I am one. Yes, go ahead and laugh at me. At least I'm honest. And I know, I just know I'm not alone.

You're a hot white girl? Gee, I never would have picked that.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Major dislikes....looking at the way they hold/use a fork and spoon. Loud motorbikes and full beam lights after dark.

Major likes....don't hold grudges, live in the "now...and eat together.

Your major dislike is the way they hold/use a spoon? I need to get out more.

• Haha 1

I like the most: The people: Kind-hearted, generous, easy-going, fun-loving

What I dislike the most: The ignorance of the people. It's astonishing. How can you put your head in the sand with almost every issue?

And what's with this ridiculous saving face BS that's only stopping people/the country from getting things done? 

1 hour ago, hobz said:

Hehe yes, I feel ya, and yes, it works in the west too, but it takes more money than most have.

And I still think this is what OP actually meant. He likes Thailand because he can get laid because he can afford so. It has nothing or very little to do with women in the west not being women. I bet unless OP has some fetish for Asian or Thai women (not at all unlikely) he would prefer a hot white girl. But he can't attract or afford one.

PS, I know because I am one. Yes, go ahead and laugh at me. At least I'm honest. And I know, I just know I'm not alone.

If you are so hot and expensive why are you plying your trade in Thailand?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Brunolem said:

As in the rest of the world, the climate in Thailand is rapidly changing, for the worse...

Yet, I particularly enjoy the fresh and dry season, at least what's left of it, roughly going from November to February, even more so when I look at the weather in Europe during these same months...

Maybe it has changed where you live, but Pattaya's climate is still exactly as it was when I arrived in 2005. There could be a few months wetter than average, or drier than average, or hotter than average, or cooler than average, but the fluctuations are very minor and always existed.

Having said that, the climate is one of the things about Thailand I dislike. One's assessment of Thailand's climate depends on what climate you're coming from. I come from an amazing climate in Australia - sub-tropical Queensland.

• Like 1

Like : Thai Women (even when theyre old,they can act like a child ) ..555,Thai food, Beer, Thai Beach and national park

Dislike : Lie to save face,  too many chinese tourist ( sometime theyre act like local ) humiliating locals, Dog poop on the street,  ignorant Tuk Tuk driver,traffic jam

It annoys me that every time I get food or a drink in 7 or any other outlet, they give me plastic spoons forks straws, all without the asking. If I take the food home I'll eat with proper metal utensils, so much plastic waste.

There is no consideration for the environment. I hate the dirty stinking klongs and the fact that the Thai's are actively polluting the waters they fish from. I am frustrated by the open sewers even in relatevely new complexes like Asiatique and Central Rama 3. The stink is disgusting and very unnessary. I hate the fact that it is always too hot to go for a walk and even if you could, in Bangkok you would find it unpleasant and polluted. I do not find Thai people particularly helpful especially if you are looking for directions. My partner hates asking others for directions and I had that with my x also. I see their point. My partner found it a whole new world when she went to the UK and especially Ireland recently and continues to rave about how friendly and open  people are. You do not see this in Thailand.

There is no effort apart from very minimal in central touristic locations to beautify the landscape and plant trees flowers and shrubs.

There are no local childrens parks to speak of. Where they exist they are equipped mostly with dangerous and outdated equipment.

No good late night take away's. Depressingly hot all the time. The worst is the fact that if you don't own a business or you can't be or don't want to be a teacher then you are deprived of the most basic right that all humans everywhere should be entitled to, "to work". The basic right to feed and clothe and provide for yourself and your family. 

90 day reporting? What the hell for? If you own your own condo or house and can prove you live there once a year, that should be enough. 

Also if you own your own condo or house then you should not have to show so much money in the bank as you don't pay rent. Wouldn't that policy encourage property ownership in Thailand?  

I don't like the fact that you pay more for a Honda HRV in Thailand than you would pay for a BMW 3 Series Coupe in leather in the UK, and the HRV is made in Thailand with Thai hands. 

I don't like the lack of clarity in the law. While I don't agree with the overbearing traffic laws in the UK and elsewhere, I do think the is room for great improvement in Thailand. Starting with television commercials showing how to use lanes on a highway and how to drive in town with courtesy. Making sure there is a proper test for driving but not the crap in the uk. Earned licences showing your skill and understanding on the road. CAT, does anyone remember that? Concentration, anticipation and toleration, that last one gets stretched to the limit in Thailand. Likes??? Well, let's see? I'll have to mull that one over. 

You may say, why are you here then? Well it is not by choice, lets just leave it at that.

Edited by Sumarianson
Correction, addition
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hobz said:

It has nothing or very little to do with women in the west not being women. I bet unless OP has some fetish for Asian or Thai women (not at all unlikely) he would prefer a hot white girl. But he can't attract or afford one.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  I'm perfectly capable of getting with western ladies, but on the whole I prefer Asians. Actually I realised the few western ladies I'm attracted to tend to have Asian traits.

Who's to say the OP isn't the same?

Anyway, we digress!

9 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

It annoys me that every time I get food or a drink in 7 or any other outlet, they give me plastic spoons forks straws, all without asking. There is no consideration for the environment. I hate the dirty stinking klongs and the fact that the Thai's are actively polluting the waters they fish from. I am frustrated by the open sewers even in relatevely new complexes like Asiatique and Central Praram 3. The stink is disgusting and very unnessary. I hate the fact that it is always too hot to go for a walk and even if you could, in Bangkok you would find it unpleasant and polluted. I do not find Thai people particularly helpful especially if you are looking for directions. My partner hates asking others for directions and I had that with my x also. My partner found it a whole new world when she went to the UK and especially Ireland and continues to rave about how friendly and open  people are. You do not see this in Thailand. There is no effort apart from very minimal in central touristic locations to beautify the landscape and plant trees and flowers. There are no local childrens parks to speak of. Where they exist they are equipped mostly with dangerous and outdated equipment. No good late night take away's. Depressingly hot all the time. The worst is the fact that if you don't own a business or you can't be or don't want to be a teacher then you are deprived of the most basic right that all humans everywhere should be entitled to, "to work". The basic right to feed and clothe and provide for yourself and your family. 

I don't like the fact that you pay more for a Honda HRV in Thailand than you would pay for a BMW 3 Series Coupe in leather in the UK, and the HRV is made in Thailand with Thai hands. 

I don't like the lack of clarity in the law. While I don't agree with the overbearing traffic laws in the UK and elsewhere, I do think the is room for great improvement in Thailand. 

Starting with television commercials showing how to use lanes on a highway and how to drive in town with courtesy. Making sure there is a proper test for driving but not the crap in the uk. Earned licences showing your skill and understanding on the road. CAT, does anyone remember that? Concentration, anticipation and toleration, that last one gets stretched to the limit in Thailand. You may say, why are you here then? Well it is not by choice, lets just leave it at that.

I think 711 and CP are somehow the same in Thailand. One of Thailands richest families. Can you imagine what great peoole they are? 

I wonder why some foreigners tells me to boycott CP.

They stopped selling big rolling papers in all 711s in Thailand. Meanwhile u get a plastic straw in a plastic bag in a plastic bag if u buy a condom ..

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  I'm perfectly capable of getting with western ladies, but on the whole I prefer Asians. Actually I realised the few western ladies I'm attracted to tend to have Asian traits.

Who's to say the OP isn't the same?

Anyway, we digress!

Ofcourse it's possible, but I would bet it's more than 50%.

Think about it, most hot white girls are below 30-ish years old right?

Most foreign men in Thailand are retired. Right?

So why would a below-30 yo white girl be with a retired white man?

Ofcourse it's all possible, but in general u know....

How many retired white men can attract a hot young white girl?? 

But here in Thailand it's pretty common for retired over 50yo foreigners to have below 30yo pretty hot (subjective) Thai girlfriends.

Edited by hobz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hobz said:

Here is some background info regarding the OP.

First girlfriend, at 18, a Colombian girl.

Second girlfriend, at 19-20, a Dutch of Indonesian origin.

Then, at 22, first Thai girlfriend...

All of them met in my Paris suburb...

I also had a Jamaican girlfriend, on site this time.

So you could say I have a "fetish" for "exotic" women...

Otherwise, I also had quite a few encounters of the third kind with white French women, including the one I married, and then divorced about ten years later...

Having quite a good job, I was able to afford any reasonable woman, but the issue with Western women was never about money, but rather about their...how would I call that...condescending (as in belittling) ways...

I am sure you understand what I mean...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Here is some background info regarding the OP.

First girlfriend, at 18, a Colombian girl.

Second girlfriend, at 19-20, a Dutch of Indonesian origin.

Then, at 22, first Thai girlfriend...

All of them met in my Paris suburb...

I also had a Jamaican girlfriend, on site this time.

So you could say I have a "fetish" for "exotic" women...

Otherwise, I also had quite a few encounters of the third kind with white French women, including the one I married, and then divorced about ten years later...

Having quite a good job, I was able to afford any reasonable woman, but the issue with Western women was never about money, but rather about their...how would I call that...condescending (as in belittling) ways...

I am sure you understand what I mean...

In short they were intelligent.

Women are "affordable".What are they-slaves?

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, hobz said:

I think 711 and CP are somehow the same in Thailand. One of Thailands richest families. Can you imagine what great peoole they are? 

I wonder why some foreigners tells me to boycott CP.

They stopped selling big rolling papers in all 711s in Thailand. Meanwhile u get a plastic straw in a plastic bag in a plastic bag if u buy a condom ..

CP, 7/11, True move and satellite...same guy...also has the monopoly on chicken producing eggs! Can you believe that?

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Just using "affordable" because hobz, whom I was quoting, brought up the word...and she is a hot Western woman...

5 hours ago, hobz said:

Yup. That's the attitude I was referring to.  10/10. Well done, mate.

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Just using "affordable" because hobz, whom I was quoting, brought up the word...and she is a hot Western woman...

I was trying to use the word in the sense that what attracts women.

Women don't want the money, they want a life style, that money buys.

I'm not talking about legitimate prostitutes. 

Where to draw line, blah blah.

But I meant like, what attracts women. Looks, confidence, personality, being able to provide.

Being able to provide means you need to afford a satisfactory level to make up for the stuff u might lack in looks or personality or whatever.. chemistry. 

And this takes less in Thailand than in 1st world places.. so ofcourse it attracts certain ppl..  makes shitloads of sense to me.

3 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Isn't it accepted knowledge that women do cost money? Or is it just wrong to even say it out loud no, with all the MeToo, and so forth. Nothing to do with slavery, simply being able to take care, provide for them, you don't think so? I haven't met flat broke guys who score much, anecdotal, I know, but still. 

It is much, much cheaper to live alone, without a partner, no matter how politically incorrect this may sound to you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hobz said:

I was trying to use the word in the sense that what attracts women.

Women don't want the money, they want a life style, that money buys.

I'm not talking about legitimate prostitutes. 

Where to draw line, blah blah.

But I meant like, what attracts women. Looks, confidence, personality, being able to provide.

Being able to provide means you need to afford a satisfactory level to make up for the stuff u might lack in looks or personality or whatever.. chemistry. 

And this takes less in Thailand than in 1st world places.. so ofcourse it attracts certain ppl..  makes shitloads of sense to me.

Women are attracted to men with the following attributes:

1/ Good looks. Brad Pitt

2/ Money.  Aristotle Onassis

3/ Intelligence. Henry Kissinger

4/ Power. Bill Clinton

There are also certain men who have perfected their ability to satisfy a woman sexually, and they give off some kind of pheromone or attitude which women find irresistible.

44 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Women are attracted to men with the following attributes:

1/ Good looks. Brad Pitt

2/ Money.  Aristotle Onassis

3/ Intelligence. Henry Kissinger

4/ Power. Bill Clinton

There are also certain men who have perfected their ability to satisfy a woman sexually, and they give off some kind of pheromone or attitude which women find irresistible.

3/ Robert McNamara

4/ Clinton ?, he even handle Hillary <deleted>

4/Patton /McArthur

• Like 1