No campaigning until at least December: Dept. PM

snoop1130

No campaigning until at least December: Dept. PM

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

15317308107531555662234-696x521.png

An undated photo of Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krue-ngam. Photo: Matichon

BANGKOK — Political campaigning may or may not be allowed in December, a deputy prime minister said Friday.

Wissanu Krea-ngam said the longstanding ban on political activity will also apply to social media platforms such as Line and Facebook. It will be in effect until restrictions are relaxed, a long-promised development he said would likely happen in December.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/08/31/no-campaigning-until-at-least-december-dept-pm/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-8-31

7 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...he deputy premier added that the junta and Election Commission are keeping close tabs on the matter, including attempts to perform stealth campaigning via social media..."

Hmm... What about stealth campaigning via 'mobile Cabinet meetings'?

Hypocrites.

Splendid chap-he has glasses just like mine.?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...he deputy premier added that the junta and Election Commission are keeping close tabs on the matter, including attempts to perform stealth campaigning via social media..."

Hmm... What about stealth campaigning via 'mobile Cabinet meetings'?

Hypocrites.

To be expected. 

A bit late in the game to be drawing a time measure as to when perspective candidates can/cannot. 

Most have been promoting themselves and campaigning, in one capacity/venue or another, for some time now.....

Why not just let it be, allowing to run it's course? 

Closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. A bit whimsical. 

It's all a bit moot, anyway - 

As the present standing powers don't want any such elections and look for any excuse to delay and move it up. 

Why bother. 

We'll call it an autocracy and leave it at that.

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Just embarrassing now. Completely out of ideas and putting themselves into a corner. 

You've had over 4 years and article 44 and you completely messed it up. Colossal imbeciles. 

You are right of course but just think  about those above him who are pulling the strings,  that  have creamed of billions  upon  billions of baht  from the country in the last 4 years. Bet they are not embarrassed ? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Splendid chap-he has glasses just like mine.?

I get the creepy crawlies every time I see a photo of this snake. ?

No offence to you but it has nothing to do with his glasses. It is more about his treacherous persona. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Even more so, a democratic soldier might be considered a term of extreme contradictory.

So all soldiers are fascists or totalitarians unfit for political office?

You mean like churchill  or Eisenhower?

Yes we need more draft dodging altruists like trump to lead the nation

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

So all soldiers are fascists or totalitarians unfit for political office?

You mean like churchill  or Eisenhower?

Yes we need more draft dodging altruists like trump to lead the nation

F me sideways with a pogo stick! Trump! Seriously?! Trump again?! 

This forum was bombarded with "But Thaksin..." posts for years, now it's "But Trump...". I swear there'd be a thread about how much manure to sprinkle on rosebeds...and you'd bring Trump into it. ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, connda said:

They'll probably allow parties in competition with the junta to campaign 30 days or less before the elections - precisely because they pose 'competition' with the junta.  :blink:

And I can guarantee that anything substantive that is said against the junta - truly exposing their crimes (which is what they are)  -   will see the speaker or writer ending up with the very real threat of jail hanging over his/her head.

Junta rule is: 'You can campaign - maybe for a week or so - but you must not say ANYTHING that will cause public confusion or which is against the good "morality of people"'.

It's all a sick joke.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, yellowboat said:

They are not embarrassed because they're anonymous.  Their identities are almost like a state secret.  There are suppose to be about 30 families that run Thailand.  Only about a half dozen are famous.  The rest live in the shadows.  Unless I am wrong, the rich in Thailand protect the identities. 

Sadly, a similar cancer has been sucking the life out of my country, the USA for decades.  It's one major reason I bailed out and became an expat way back in 2005.  I wish my fellow Americans would wake up just like I wish the Thais would wake up and fight this <deleted> cancer. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Will make no difference these imposters are finished 

These power usurpers WILL be finished when the mass of the Thai people decide that they are finished - that their day is done.

As ever, power resides in the hands of the Thai people - to whom, even according to this militarised Constitution, 'sovereignty belongs'. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, yellowboat said:

They are not embarrassed because they're anonymous.  Their identities are almost like a state secret.  There are suppose to be about 30 families that run Thailand.  Only about a half dozen are famous.  The rest live in the shadows.  Unless I am wrong, the rich in Thailand protect the identities. 

Some are famous.  Very much so. Although they are the least talked about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1