Can I be "Blacklisted" With Immigration if I obtain extension in city other than where I live?

7 minutes ago, notamember said:

so how much for her influence for you to use your own money/letter at CM?

from what you say i guess she is not loaning you 800,000 baht like the other agents?

Obviously you don't use agents and don't intend to so there is no need to know cost.

1 minute ago, Dazinoz said:

Obviously you don't use agents and don't intend to so there is no need to know cost.

i have used agents and know what they cost and what they do and will do again

its in my past postings on here, obviously you have not looked

i wondered what agents who simply put you with an amenable immigration officer charge ? 

3 minutes ago, notamember said:

i have used agents and know what they cost and what they do and will do again

its in my past postings on here, obviously you have not looked

i wondered what agents who simply put you with an amenable immigration officer charge ? 

Ok, sorry. I have read every post but don't remember users all the time.

They quoted me a price before they went to immigration and did say I may have to use another option. After the visit to immigration they wanted me to return fast so that they can go back and hopefully get that person again which will be today.

Cost for extension renewal was 7750 baht. I was quoted 23,000 for a Chonburi agent.

And they did say if I did not get extension they do not charge. I would believe that when I saw it.

7 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Ok, sorry. I have read every post but don't remember users all the time.

They quoted me a price before they went to immigration and did say I may have to use another option. After the visit to immigration they wanted me to return fast so that they can go back and hopefully get that person again which will be today.

Cost for extension renewal was 7750 baht. I was quoted 23,000 for a Chonburi agent.

And they did say if I did not get extension they do not charge. I would believe that when I saw it.

well you will never know now will you?

most agents refund when they do not succeed as they do not want the bad rep or police action highlighting their profession

some even guarantee it in writing

for the 23,000 fee they were loaning you the 800,000 baht too, right?

1 minute ago, notamember said:

well you will never know now will you?

most agents refund when they do not succeed as they do not want the bad rep or police action highlighting their profession

some even guarantee it in writing

for the 23,000 fee they were loaning you the 800,000 baht too, right?

I don't know if they were actually loaning the 800k as they said they would do visa in a week so could not have in bank for 3 months. One did say he was sponsoring me so maybe they have money in banks, I don't know. Or maybe the extra was for tea money.

• Sad 1

On 9/2/2018 at 10:25 AM, overherebc said:

The only time I've seen it go a bit wrong was was around my way. Two guys used the same agent 18,000 baht fee ok for 3 years then changed to another agent at 15,000. Got passports back with everything ok. Turned up to do 90 day reports and were told you can't do here, you have to go to Ayuthaya where you got your extension.

They are now back using the original agent.

At least 1 saving grace for these 2 guys was that their passports were legally stamped at an immigration office rather than illegally by a mate of the agent's who is an expert in forgery!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Retirement extension, 90 day report and re-entry permit obtained today. No problems at all.

Good for you man.

I am glad everything worked out for you. Thank you for sharing your experience. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Good for you man.

I am glad everything worked out for you. Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Thanks for that and thanks to those who offered good advise and recommendations.