Can I be "Blacklisted" With Immigration if I obtain extension in city other than where I live?

Long story short.

I obtained Stat Dec from Australian embassy the same as last year but stuffed up because of the lower exchange rate so I fall a little short. I don't keep a lot of money in the bank as I just transfer from Oz when needed.

I have seen a couple of ads on here and FB of agents that obtain your extension (mine based on retirement) without proof of income and without deposit in bank.

I was told today if I goto Bangkok or Pattaya or wherever I will be "blacklisted" with immigration and will not be able to renew extension next year in my resident city of Chiang Mai. 

Any one know of validity of this?

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest going to Assist Thai Visa, who are well connected with Chiang Mai Immigration. Expensive, but worth it and I would be confident they can smooth things over for you.

Going to Bangkok or Pattaya would probably cost even more, with future potential for problems.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There would be no blacklist for doing it. The might though make it difficult for you do your extension next time.

You would have to a change of address to do your 90 day reports in Chiang Mai.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There would be no blacklist for doing it. The might though make it difficult for you do your extension next time.

You would have to a change of address to do your 90 day reports in Chiang Mai.

Ok so I would get extension with address at"xyz" and then change back for 90 day report? Although I also have to do a TM30 in CM.

• Like 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

I would suggest going to Assist Thai Visa, who are well connected with Chiang Mai Immigration. Expensive, but worth it and I would be confident they can smooth things over for you.

Going to Bangkok or Pattaya would probably cost even more, with future potential for problems.

Ok thanks, will look into them.

1 minute ago, WorriedNoodle said:

You can do the extension anywhere in Thailand, no need to use visa agencies? Just change address with a TM30 at new IO and have the money declaration correct.

Not that easy to have declaration correct. Have to travel to Embassy in Bangkok to get new one. But will do if I have to.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

These "agents" probably exist in every province of Thailand, also in Chiang Mai. If you open a topic "agent for visa extension in chiang mai" maybe somebody will recommend one for you.

Yep, had message already recommending one to me. I need on that can do the extension without income or bank balance. Not sure if any in CM.

5 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

You can do the extension anywhere in Thailand, no need to use visa agencies? Just change address with a TM30 at new IO and have the money declaration correct.

The OP need to fill out form TM. 28,to make his official residence in other province, then make an TM30, after that. 

To the OP, go to immigration loaded with TM28 and TM30. 

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

Why don't you get your stat dec when the embassy does it's outreach visits to CM?

I already did that but I put the same as last year but due to the exchange rate I fell short on income.

I have to check when they come next. I think I am out of country then.

Edited by Dazinoz

6 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

The OP need to fill out form TM. 28,to make his official residence in other province, then make an TM30, after that. 

To the OP, go to immigration loaded with TM28 and TM30. 

Ok, Thanks.

42 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Agent/Lawyer same same but different. ??

Heard lawyer jokes but no agent jokes.

What the difference between a catfish and a lawyer?

One is a bottom dwelling, scum sucking scavenger and the other is just a fish.

That is a joke before anyone gets upset.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Heard lawyer jokes but no agent jokes.

What the difference between a catfish and a lawyer?

One is a bottom dwelling, scum sucking scavenger and the other is just a fish.

That is a joke before anyone gets upset.

Ship sinks in the Atlantic with 200 lawyers on board.

Newspaper headline was

A Good Start.

A little bird told us you only need to find a 'friendly' Immigration officer, and all the problems such as expensive agents, 2am deli number line ups, etc. disappear. 

A 'rewarded' friend in low places is cheaper than an agent, we're told. 

We're not suggesting anything improper, this is just what we've heard, from more than one local source, lately.

Seems the agents are causing unintended consequences, their lucrative middle-manning is resented, but they wouldn't exist if the system was modernized.  

Until then, buyer beware... 

But then again, when in Rome...

And, also,  trying to sort your stuff out in another province will end badly.  No matter what. 

The Global Moderator is correct. TM28 and TM30. I don't use the Assist thai visa service. I was checked on my renewal 2 weeks ago, on the 16th. You won't be checked in other province but you have to have moved to that specific province. The checking is a chiang mai immigration office only requirement. Lamphun is a different province and has its own immigration office, but they won't do the extension if you can't show you're a resident there - tm28 and 30. get a cheap room there...make an 'official' move there...

19 hours ago, jippytum said:

There are many agents in Chaing Mai who will assist with your problem .No need to complicate things for yourself by seeking the same  help in Pattaya.

maybe find someone in Chiang Mai who has been assisted by a  Chiang Mai agent to lay on the money , deal with the renewal of extension process and then see where the extension was actually issued...

CHIANGMAI-CHONBURI.JPG

Edited by notamember

1 hour ago, notamember said:

maybe find someone in Chiang Mai who has been assisted by a  Chiang Mai agent to lay on the money , deal with the renewal of extension process and then see where the extension was actually issued...

CHIANGMAI-CHONBURI.JPG

If this was issued for a person living in Chang Mai, I would hope that "handling 90-day reporting" was included in the deal - though that would have to be fraudulent 90-day reporting, by definition.

And it's not just Chang Mai - Chonburi's retirement-desk processes these "agent-sponsored" extensions from all over the country, per reports by many here.

But I have to wonder what happens if one is questioned about something/anything and this appears in one's passport, when one is clearly not living in the Chonburi area.  On one hand, the money flowing into Chonburi Retirement Desk seems to flow to all needed places to keep the scheme going - so no "crackdown" ever happens.  On the other hand, there is no guarantee the farang-recipient of such an extension would not be put through the wringer at some point if "caught" getting extensions from a province where they do not live.

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

If this was issued for a person living in Chang Mai, I would hope that "handling 90-day reporting" was included in the deal - though that would have to be fraudulent 90-day reporting, by definition.

And it's not just Chang Mai - Chonburi's retirement-desk processes these "agent-sponsored" extensions from all over the country, per reports by many here.

But I have to wonder what happens if one is questioned about something/anything and this appears in one's passport, when one is clearly not living in the Chonburi area.  On one hand, the money flowing into Chonburi Retirement Desk seems to flow to all needed places to keep the scheme going - so no "crackdown" ever happens.  On the other hand, there is no guarantee the farang-recipient of such an extension would not be put through the wringer at some point if "caught" getting extensions from a province where they do not live.

Its not illegal to have two homes or indeed ten homes if you want

you can stay at any one of them and report your presence there

you do not have to be rooted to the spot where you applied for it when granted a retirement extension

5 minutes ago, notamember said:

Its not illegal to have two homes or indeed ten homes if you want

you can stay at any one of them and report your presence there

you do not have to be rooted to the spot where you applied for it when granted a retirement extension

That is assuming one has a home there.  Maybe this "service" comes with a fake-address / mail-drop, which is unique to every applicant? 

While we are allowed freedom of movement, this is only Provided Our 90-Day Reports are Accurate, which would require a TM-28 to change address, and a TM-30 to match.  So figure, for each extension, a set of these to "move" to Chonburi, then another set to "return" to Chang Mai.  That is the only way I could see it working out on paper.