advice -dead thai wife children refuse to sell the house...

evilebxxx

6 hours ago, DuiDui48 said:

Nothing YOU can do i think,get a good lawyer that has done this before..Checkup needed on the lawyer.Bankok Lawyers..Goodluck.

And maybe file a Policereport regarding the stolen docs.

Goodluck.

Plenty he can do he paid take them to court. They have no money to pay lawyers 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Well it appears to me that you are still living in this house for free, and have all the rights for use of this land. Under Thai Law you are not allowed to own this property. Without a Will, or a simular document registered at Land Title, like a Usufruct, after one year you have no rights to it at all, and could find yourself out on the street with nothing. 

It also appears to me that if you and your wife owned this house for the last 25 years, then these kids must have grew up in that house to. There may be a lot of sentimental value attached to this house, and memories of there mother for the kids, that you are not seeing here, and perhaps why they don't want to sell this property. I think one of the most difficult things I would have to do right now, is drive past my Parents House in which I grew up in, who passed on, knowing it was sold and belongs to somebody else now.

It seems to me your motivation to sell this house is strickly for money, where the kids motivation may be different. If it s for money to then it only makes sense to wait it out until you pass on, and they would get 100% and not 50%. I know I would if I was younger.    

Motivation lol. THAI want the cash nothing less. They have no care about anything else 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes, legal marriage and registered, I am currently residing in the house, but wish to change my living location, really don’t have dispute with them, except the female child... stance on this matter

Edited by evilebxxx

16 minutes ago, evilebxxx said:

Yes, legal marriage and registered, I am currently residing in the house, but wish to change my living location, really don’t have dispute with them, except the female child... stance on this matter

She has scammed so many husbands  earlier, but not a farang yet......She is mostly into Malaysian, Japanese, nationals and a couple of Thais males

Edited by evilebxxx

Interesting thread, ignoring all the bitterness, gloom merchants, and those that apparently are almost ready to jump off a cliff at the thought of a Thai woman seeking their affection......

Do you really need to sell, is it possible to mortgage the property to provide funding for you to move on and the children make the payments to retain the same?

Edited by 473geo

8 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Interesting thread, ignoring all the bitterness, gloom merchants, and those that apparently are almost ready to jump off a cliff at the thought of a Thai woman seeking their affection......

Do you really need to sell, is it possible to mortgage the property to provide funding for you to move on and the children make the payments to retain the same?

Mortgage the property is impossible and unwanted

2 hours ago, Media1 said:

Plenty he can do he paid take them to court. They have no money to pay lawyers 

Taking them to court would prove expensive and the verdict would surely be in the children's favour .  More important he would sour the relationship with the children and likely find himself without a home that he currently has the benefit of .  The choice is , not to upset family relationships and continue to enjoy the home he has now , or to simply pack up his possessions and leave . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toscano said:

Taking them to court would prove expensive and the verdict would surely be in the children's favour .  More important he would sour the relationship with the children and likely find himself without a home that he currently has the benefit of .  The choice is , not to upset family relationships and continue to enjoy the home he has now , or to simply pack up his possessions and leave . 

No and No

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Toscano said:

Your situation is not the same as a divorce .  As a widower you should be entitled to live in the house until you die , my guess is that the children would not prevent you doing that , but otherwise I believe you have no claim on the property .  The house probably didn't cost very much 25 years ago , so you are not losing very much relative to what you spent .  You are not entitled to see it as a longterm investment , the property is ultimately the children's , with entitlement for you to continue living there .  

Sorry, he is entitled to nothing since the house is in Thailand and he is a foreigner!

The ops haven't stated he is leaving because the kids are asking him it seems he is living by choice and want to sell the house.

Unless he has a Will and Trust and the title states he has a "life Estate " which means he can live in the house until he dies he isn't entitled to anything.

I do agree with the majority.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, evilebxxx said:

If I just leave, then the house will be complete or almost destroyed within 6 months, is now in farang condition, most say, very good condition and tropical garden done by me alone

If you leave it is for good , so if they trash the house it isn't your problem , if you died after living the rest of your life there , they still might destroy the house . 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, evilebxxx said:

If I just leave, then the house will be complete or almost destroyed within 6 months, is now in farang condition, most say, very good condition and tropical garden done by me alone

Problem.if you did not build the home and have the invoices. You will be dead in the water.

Unfortunately you can try but the odds are against you. If you built it and paid take them to court and give them a letter of proposal from a lawyer. You want money for the house right. Nothing's free. They want to keep it free. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Problem.if you did not build the home and have the invoices. You will be dead in the water.

Unfortunately you can try but the odds are against you. If you built it and paid take them to court and give them a letter of proposal from a lawyer. You want money for the house right. Nothing's free. They want to keep it free. 

Yeah, I’ll take the woman to court, if not resolved mutually this month in some way

2 hours ago, evilebxxx said:

Yeah, I’ll take the woman to court, if not resolved mutually this month in some way

Be nice be fair..Explain that you invested your life. So they could have a better life. You are entitled to what's yours. Have these stragglers got employment. 

They will need a lawyer. He will want money.

10 hours ago, balo said:

Need more info from OP. 

Best advice is to get a good lawyer , and be prepared for a long fight in court.

But if you do not own the house/land I can't really see any progress here. 

Problem is you will end up paying a small fortune in fees with no guarantee that you will come away with something . I would imagine as they are your children that you would leave them all your possessions when the good man upstairs calls you home so come to an agreement with them that you can reside there for the rest of your life . I would think that this would be the ideal situation for you .

10 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Well. I am not living in Thailand, although that was certainly my plan some years ago. But after carefully reading the feedback from foreigners who live in Thailand and the problems they are experiencing I have decided firmly against it. It doesn't mean I don't like the country or it's people. I have been there a couple of times and only had positive experiences. But there seem to be a latent racism actively supported by the Thai government.

The practice of double pricing fe. It's more symbolical then anything else. But just to assume that foreigners are rich and can afford to pay double or triple is totally unjust. If they want to introduce a just system, they should charge everyone the same and introduce discount cards for less affluent Thais. That way nobody would feel offended and the better of Thais would pay the same as "Farangs". The same goes for the inability to own land, or needing a work permit for about every activity you can think of, the obligation to 90 days reporting and a large etc. I understand there are a lot of expat's that feel completely happy with the situation which I can respect.

Never the less me and my Thai girlfriend have now moved to Georgia. A country that does treat foreigners exactly the same, wherever they come from and that actively promotes entrepreneurship. Maybe those that are toying with the idea of moving to Thailand should do some careful research before risking their life savings.

I would say you have bought into the na sayers argument about Thailand. Living in Chiang Mai for 8 years now and really no problem. The one thing I didn't like was being charged 10 baht for a class of ice at a resturant owned by a farang, guess what never went back, we do have choices.

11 hours ago, jippytum said:

When married to a Thai Lady who dies the husband is entitled to the property in her name .If the foreign person is not qualified to own the land or property of the deceased's estate the law allows twelve months in order for the foreign person and legal spouse to dispose of the property .

SIgh.....again total misinformation......all been covered in previous threads.    Why post stuff when you clearly don't know what you are talking about??????

6 hours ago, Toscano said:

Your situation is not the same as a divorce .  As a widower you should be entitled to live in the house until you die , my guess is that the children would not prevent you doing that , but otherwise I believe you have no claim on the property .  The house probably didn't cost very much 25 years ago , so you are not losing very much relative to what you spent .  You are not entitled to see it as a longterm investment , the property is ultimately the children's , with entitlement for you to continue living there .  

All rubbish!!!!!! Pretty much 100% wrong information!!!!

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Nothing personal but you just did give him advice and so I will add to it.

I think I can safely say 25 years ago he purchased the house under his Thai wife name.  That being said the kids are now the legal owners I wouldn't be surprised if the wife put the title in a manner that it goes automatically to the kids?

I wonder in the 25 years marriage and living in the house were the kids ever living with the ops and what is the relationship to them now?

It seems the ops is leaving anyway and I wonder if he is hurting with money that he has to sell the home.  My thoughts are she stuck with ops for 25 years most likely took her from rags to riches a better life than she would normally would have and although she is dead now it is like pulling the rug from under her and family.

I think let it go and move on to your new life with whatever time you have left why ruin the memories unless they were all bad?

Noooooooo.....the kids do NOT own the house if there is no will and he is legally married.  He has full rights the house as spouse 50%PLUS a equal share with the 2 kids....i.e. 66%.    The kids had NO rights apart from their legal share (entitlement)as above!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Sorry, he is entitled to nothing since the house is in Thailand and he is a foreigner!

The ops haven't stated he is leaving because the kids are asking him it seems he is living by choice and want to sell the house.

Unless he has a Will and Trust and the title states he has a "life Estate " which means he can live in the house until he dies he isn't entitled to anything.

I do agree with the majority.

More complete rubbish!

I just want add, after the funeral rites, her relatives and friends came in droves, most of them I never seen before, completely took over the day to day routine, I had no say at all, cut down a couple of trees, and make a complete mess on the property

Asking for money constantly, all kind off lies was thrown at me…

So after living in the house for 25 year, your wife dies and you get to meet droves of

relatives that you did not know existed. Your wifes kids, and I will assume some of them

were yours as well. If you are selling because you need the money from the house,  well

I do feel sorry for your situation.  Living that long in Thailand had to be pretty cheap, so

I am wondering what your real reason for selling is. My Thai brother in law is fighting his

sister for his share of their mothers house, and it is still on going, so good luck if you can

get this settled at all.  It is a big reason that I will always rent when I stay in Thailand, no

hassles years later.  Good luck, because if you go after your children with a lawyer you

will have them against you forever as well as those relatives, not a pretty future.

Geezer

• Like 1