advice -dead thai wife children refuse to sell the house...

evilebxxx

A post commenting on Moderation has been removed also a post quoting and responding to same.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

18 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

A post commenting on Moderation has been removed also a post quoting and responding to same.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Thanks! 

On 9/1/2018 at 11:37 AM, Donaldo said:

Well. I am not living in Thailand, although that was certainly my plan some years ago. But after carefully reading the feedback from foreigners who live in Thailand and the problems they are experiencing I have decided firmly against it. It doesn't mean I don't like the country or it's people. I have been there a couple of times and only had positive experiences. But there seem to be a latent racism actively supported by the Thai government.

The practice of double pricing fe. It's more symbolical then anything else. But just to assume that foreigners are rich and can afford to pay double or triple is totally unjust. If they want to introduce a just system, they should charge everyone the same and introduce discount cards for less affluent Thais. That way nobody would feel offended and the better of Thais would pay the same as "Farangs". The same goes for the inability to own land, or needing a work permit for about every activity you can think of, the obligation to 90 days reporting and a large etc. I understand there are a lot of expat's that feel completely happy with the situation which I can respect.

Never the less me and my Thai girlfriend have now moved to Georgia. A country that does treat foreigners exactly the same, wherever they come from and that actively promotes entrepreneurship. Maybe those that are toying with the idea of moving to Thailand should do some careful research before risking their life savings.

Good luck in Tbilisi or wherever you are over there.
Climate significantly different from what I recall, but similarly nice people.
Double pricing I do not see much in Thailand by the way, and I would be surprised if in the Caucasus it would not exist.
( do you speak the local language or Russian so you can be sure ? )
And as far as I know, there are complications for foreigners to own land in Georgia.
""
Legally, following the decision of the Constitutional Court and expiration of the Moratorium, foreigners and legal entities registered in Georgia by foreigners shall be able to purchase and register agricultural land parcels located in Georgia without restriction. However, it is an established practice of the Public Registry that each and every application of a foreigner regarding the registration of agricultural land is reviewed, and granting ownership rights is decided on a case-by-case basis without any such procedural indication in the law.
""
 http://georgiatoday.ge/news/3055/Dechert-OnPoint%3A-Land-Registration-in-Georgia 
from 2016, so maybe the procedures have 
already improved unless the Government, once again, changes its mind.

From what I have read of marital law, foreigners are entitled to use the same law as everyone else even though you cannot own the land. 

If the property is bought at the time of your marriage, even without a will, you are entitled to 50 percent share. The other 50 percent is shared between you and the heirs, so if 2 children then you would be entitled to a third each. At the time of buying the house  (if married)  then by law both signatures are needed so I imagine that information is kept. I am not sure, but I think they can't sell the land without your signature. If you have your marriage certificate and her death certificate, I think you can go to the district office and get a copy of the land titles. 

Then you can take the children to court for them to either buy your share or sell the property. 

It depends greatly on these issues. 

1. You are legally married with a certified marriage certificate. 

2. You bought the property at the time you were married. 

3. Proof that you used your own money or her money that was earned during the marriage and not before the marriage. 

Edited by greenchair
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 3:54 PM, evilebxxx said:

My former wife child male-person, fully agree with me too sell the property, he also have a committed buyer who live in Sweden, which is a Thai female women, he was here just now, with his wife, only an update  

Your wife's son has a Thai buyer from Sweden? That sounds like a ruse. Be on your guard even more.

No, but yes, they have a property with Swedish farang who husband bough here 10 years ago close me, 100 meters away, also talked with her on Facebook, and also a female lawyer have my case now….She change her mind twice

Edited by evilebxxx