Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

webfact

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to believe this could be one of the ways the Thai government to show some nasty face for the purpose of UK hiding the Thaksin family. Isn't it time for the international community to impose some economic sanctions? Perhaps that could help dipping the Bath a little bit. Trump where are you?

All in all, this goes to show the country is going in the wrong direction. 

47 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"...you are tourist police, nothing else".

Well, nothing else than a RTP officer, then.

"You are threatening a girl for what reason? She has brought the spotlight on to the goings on which the authorities here dont want people to know about".

He is not threatening the girl, he is stating that if she refuses to be questioned about an allegation she has not made, her mother made it, and there is no evidence to back up her case, which at this stage there is not (the T-shirt hasn't been produced, remember), justifiably there could be consequences.

"...discredit her just so Thailand comes out smelling ofT roses".

At this stage in this case, there seems to be no rational reason for Thailand not to come up smelling of roses.   The girl refuses to be questioned, doesn't she?

The t-shirt is with UK Met

2 minutes ago, racket said:

I'm starting to believe this could be one of the ways the Thai government to show some nasty face for the purpose of UK hiding the Thaksin family. Isn't it time for the international community to impose some economic sanctions? Perhaps that could help dipping the Bath a little bit. Trump where are you?

All in all, this goes to show the country is going in the wrong direction. 

Here in Thailand they sell really good tin foil- ‘Diamond ‘ brand - I would suggest you spend some time making one of those anti- conspiracy hats .

Dont forget even 7/11 have fiendish machines that send out ‘waves’ 

Take care 

Thais defame toruists/farang all the time. Even history is twisted in such a way. Farang dont care because the truth is known.

Quality HOSTS would be better. YOU KNOW, THE ONES THAT BELIEVE IN EQUALITY!!!!

Cant have the good without the bad. common sense really... Tpurists arr not a mixes back of lollies where you can pick and chose. If you do so it looks bad on the country. Why cant big joke be hit with defemation. Hes making the country look bad.

And being banned for life aint a worry for a women tourist. Not like she has a house and family here.

Threats like these might work with Thais as they are scared sh*“ç%*“ç%t of the BiB - unlike Westerners. 

In all fairness, if the girl got raped, does anyone in his or her right mind think that she ever would want to come back to a country like this? Why should a woman of her age on vacation in Thailand invent such an acquisition - but instead of taking it serious the authorities have nothing better in mind than to make the whole story ridiculous and combine it with a threat. 

Nothing to do with quality tourism; those one can witness in Chiang Mai everywhere spitting and spouting, jumping queues and shouting around. Same category of super tourists seen in Pattaya too. 

4 hours ago, Lungstib said:

They invite her or they blacklist her? The right hand and the left hand seem to be operated by two different sides of an incompetent brain. Any 'goodwill' is clearly long gone. She will of course never return in case she is jailed for computer crimes or a breach of national security. 

1. She had already been invited by the authorities to come to Thailand to repeat her claims and show her          evidence.

2. Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

1. Says they invite her to show evidence.

2. Says will blacklist her for life IF she is lying.

Thread gently whilst slinging accusations at others, please. It reflects on your attitude most.

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, cleopatra2 said:

The actions of visiting and requesting medical examination on return to UK is not typical of someone making it up.

How long did she leave it before she, allegedly, requested medical examination?  What was the result of the exam, has it been published?   

30 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Her treatment on Koh Tao would be a likely reason.

The shame that many rape victims feel is often a reason they do not report the crime.

The psychological trauma involved with not only the rape, but the recalling of it and the impact of scum who blame the victim.

If you want more reasons why not google on the subject.

You may, for once, learn something.

My question was partly rhetorical, google it.

"The shame that many rape victims feel is often a reason they do not report the crime".

She claims that she did report it so what's your point?

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Big Joke that is what you are a big joke, talking bs all the time, you are tourist police, nothing else.

You are threatening a girl for what reason? She has brought the spotlight on to the goings on which the authorities here dont want people to know about.

Big show Big Joke goes to the island finds no evidence why? Because you never looked for any, thats why, cover up just the usual c++p blame the victim, discredit her just so Thailand comes out smelling of roses.

He’s just doing as prawit tells him. Same as last time. Won’t change and bj will be out of uniform and in politics one day. If you can call it politics, the farce it is. A complete mess of greedy rich hangers on trying to fight against the inevitable glory of the people who want the country to move forward. But as proven again, Thailand’s not ready for that 

51 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Was this girl raped?  Was there a local responsible? Where's the evidence for any of that?

She did not report it. If she had reported it perhaps she would have offered the t-shirt evidence to the police but, no she "kept it" to take home.

The evidence available strongly suggests that the rape allegation was reported.

She told the hostel manager

Travelled to Kho Phagnam alleges the RTP refused to accept the report. Her male companion has not contradicted.

If the allegation of RTP refusing to accept is false, then it seems surprising that the accuser would put forward a reason for the refusal " not my jurisdiction ". 

The accuser would simply not offer an explanation of the refusal. However the response of " not my jurisdiction"  by the RTP is more than plausible ,

3 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

So if they want to blacklist a tourist for lying. why don't they set an example and punish all the Thai liars and cheats ?   The guy is a total wan*er and just a spokesman for an even bigger one !

So you think that Thais can be banned from their own country?  Brilliant. I'm pretty sure that his reason for a potential ban is not "for lying", it's for making a false accusation of rape.

23 minutes ago, rwill said:

None of us know the facts in this case.  So how can you take sides?

correct so why would people speaking on behalf of the authorities threaten the alleged victim , not normal procedure I think, but people in authority seem to make sweeping statements to influence any investigation that involves injury/crime to tourists, and most people on here react to this behaviour. as that is not correct   

25 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

My question was partly rhetorical, google it.

"The shame that many rape victims feel is often a reason they do not report the crime".

She claims that she did report it so what's your point?

My point is and was that big jokes threats to ban the victim of this assault, to ensure the cover up, is hardly going to be a real cause of concern to this victim.

44 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

Here in Thailand they sell really good tin foil- ‘Diamond ‘ brand - I would suggest you spend some time making one of those anti- conspiracy hats .

Dont forget even 7/11 have fiendish machines that send out ‘waves’ 

Take care 

But they'd cut cost corners and substitute the Tin for Aluminum/Aluminium.  School boy error, seem it many a time...

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpan has told the Thai media that the London teenager who claimed she was drugged, robbed and raped on Koh Tao will be blacklisted for life if she is lying.

Judge, jury, and executioner.   My guess is that she is never coming back.  And given the press, an untold number of young women who now understand that they may actually find themselves in the role of the 'accused in a crime' in any allegation of rape that they report to authorities because it is 'damaging to the reputation of Thailand' - well, that should throw a bucket of ice water on that particular demographic: foreign, female, traveling alone. 
My respect for the Big Joker just dropped like a rock.

Archived