Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

webfact

11 hours ago, balo said:

I think it's more than that . He want to send a signal out to all young backpackers , it's not okay to use drugs , get drunk and maybe raped. 

He wants to avoid all that by scaring them off. 

Agree that these full moon parties are filled with drugs, alcohol and young people making bad decisions and to top it all off, hunting grounds for sexual predators.  But then they’d never consider cracking down on the source that feeds many mouths (local tour operators, hotels, police etc)?

I doubt you can be selective with the quality of tourists when the attraction itself is questionable.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I know it is, my point is why didn't she show it when she, allegedly, reported the, alleged, rape?

Why is it with a police force that has no jurisdiction to investigate the alleged rape?

For the time being the T shirt is safer in the hands of the Met than with a police force that has a history of 'losing' and 'using up' evidence.

10 hours ago, hobz said:

Yeah, this.. this points to LOW IQ that I often sense when I read about any Thai officials public statements ... They say so many things that requires very little logic to poke holes through. 

Makes me think they are very bad at logic themselves (low iq / low education) OR they are so confident in their position and know that nobody will challenge them so they are just lazy and let their mouth run off without concern for being called out on their bull... Maybe it's a mix of both... Sad.. Thai people deserve better leadership...or do they?

Although I do not agree with what ''big joke''has allegedly said. 

There are also other things that affect these cases, like the media reports/translation as many times there have been glaring errors 

on both the officials and the victims statements , and we do not

find out for a long time if ever what was really said by both parties

Maybe that's why some of the stories sound so crazy...just a thought

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Surachate added: "Thirty five million tourists come to Thailand each year making it the third most visited place on earth.

I think this misstatement is highly embarrassing because it clearly reveals his arrogance and incompetence:

List of the 10 most visited countries in 2017:

France (86,9 Million visitors)
Spain (81,8 Million visitors)
USA (75,9 Million visitors)
China (60,7 Million visitors)
Italy (58,3 Million visitors)
Mexico (39,3 Million visitors)
UK (37,7 Million visitors), 
Turkey (37,6 Million visitors) 
Germany (37,5 Million visitors) and 
Thailand (35,4 Million visitors).
source: WTO

4 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

I think this misstatement is highly embarrassing because it clearly reveals his arrogance and incompetence:

List of the 10 most visited countries in 2017:

France (86,9 Million visitors)
Spain (81,8 Million visitors)
USA (75,9 Million visitors)
China (60,7 Million visitors)
Italy (58,3 Million visitors)
Mexico (39,3 Million visitors)
UK (37,7 Million visitors), 
Turkey (37,6 Million visitors) 
Germany (37,5 Million visitors) and 
Thailand (35,4 Million visitors).
source: WTO

"arrogance and incompetence",  possibly. More likely 3rd in the list of quality Chinese tourist destinations or even a misunderstanding?

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Police said Tuesday that a dozen men will be arrested for sharing claims on Facebook that a British tourist was raped on the tourist island of Koh Tao.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/09/04/police-to-arrest-12-for-sharing-posts-on-koh-tao-rape/

Wow that's so disgusting. So sad. Extremely sad. Wow. Dont know what to say. Shocking.

22 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"... both her and Martin filed a complaint of being drugged and having their personal belongings, including an iPhone stolen.

They didn't, the items were reported lost, not stolen, big difference.  Bit like the difference between being raped and just claiming to have been raped.

or maybe, just maybe , its a difference between what you report and what they write down

20 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

And your proof she is lying? I think we should wait and see regards this famous DNA etc and what develops.

The UK behaves differently, the police do not need a '  military parade ' when they attempt to uncover facts, unlike the Thai police.

How much evidence they have, we, the public as yet do not know.

I didn't say that she was lying, I used the word 'perhaps' because her story does not exactly add up. 

She and her mother have gone very quiet and The Sun has dropped the story.  She did not accept the police's option of an interview in London and if the British police, who have no jurisdiction at all outside of the UK, have any evidence and had interviewed the girl, it would have been heard about by now.

6 hours ago, KKr said:

Seems like you have chosen a side.
However, it will NEVER be known if there is no investigation.
Accusations were made,
apparently someone's dna is on a t-shirt.
If the accusations are without merit, then why doesn't that someone step forward, 
tell how it was all puppy love without alcohol or other drugs or violence or whatever, and how it happened in his version ?

No, it seems more like I have given my opinion based on what has been reported.  You're right, though, without an investigation that involves the alleged victim making a report (which she hasn't) and being interviewed (she hasn't accepted that option in London, either) everything that her mother has claimed is just a waste of time and probably hot air.

How can an unknown person step forward to explain how his DNA may, allegedly, be on a t-shirt?  

5 hours ago, joebrown said:

For the time being the T shirt is safer in the hands of the Met than with a police force that has a history of 'losing' and 'using up' evidence.

Safer, perhaps, but of no use whatsoever.  What can the British police do with it apart from confirm that there is or there isn't DNA of an unknown person on it?  They have no authority to investigate the case in Thailand.

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I didn't say that she was lying, I used the word 'perhaps' because her story does not exactly add up. 

She and her mother have gone very quiet and The Sun has dropped the story.  She did not accept the police's option of an interview in London and if the British police, who have no jurisdiction at all outside of the UK, have any evidence and had interviewed the girl, it would have been heard about by now.

Yes, I am ' on the fence ' with this one now.

But equally, the Thai police have no jurisdiction in the UK. To be honest, we do not know what is happening until the UK police make some form of announcement.

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes, I am ' on the fence ' with this one now.

But equally, the Thai police have no jurisdiction in the UK. To be honest, we do not know what is happening until the UK police make some form of announcement.

Why would the Thai police need jurisdiction in the UK.  For what?  There is no case in the UK.  The Thai police offered to go there to allow her to be interviewed by them as, according to her mother (the girl has said nothing, remember), she would not be returning to Thailand for anything. I guarantee that the UK police will not be announcing anything as they are not investigating anything.  They cannot.  I wouldn't be surprised if they do announce that the girl has retracted her story though.

54 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why would the Thai police need jurisdiction in the UK.  For what?  There is no case in the UK.  The Thai police offered to go there to allow her to be interviewed by them as, according to her mother (the girl has said nothing, remember), she would not be returning to Thailand for anything. I guarantee that the UK police will not be announcing anything as they are not investigating anything.  They cannot.  I wouldn't be surprised if they do announce that the girl has retracted her story though.

Where is the link offering to go to the UK? I haven't seen it. I will try to google it now.

You seem to have formed a strong opinion that she is lying reading between the lines of your words and I remain unconvinced as do many others.

Too many bad things have happened without answers on the island.

On 9/3/2018 at 3:24 PM, Just Weird said:

"... both her and Martin filed a complaint of being drugged and having their personal belongings, including an iPhone stolen.

They didn't, the items were reported lost, not stolen, big difference.  Bit like the difference between being raped and just claiming to have been raped.

The Ko Phagnam police did not file any compliant .They only recorded the victims visit.

What the RTP are being quite about is the visit by the male companion to Kho Tao on the 4 July to report the rape, as confirmed by an independent witness in the form of the hostel owner/manager

20 hours ago, hobz said:

Is there a history of false rape charges I Thailand that you are so concerned about?

What would be her motive for lying about that? 

You know what people have also gotten away with for faaaaaaar too long in Thailand? RAPE. Most rapes go unreported. Thai cops refuse to take rape reports seriously. 

Well, Thai police refuse to take any crime reports seriously as they are too busy collecting tea money.. but u get the point... 

I don't see this huge amount of false rape victims.. where is the bunch of innocent men who's lives are ruined??

But we know that many women's lives got ruined forever by sick rapists.

With Big Joke being involved, she would be able to come and state her case safely. The fact that she still doesn't want to come verifies that something about her rape claims is dishonest and "fishy".

Just now, RickTik said:

With Big Joke being involved, she would be able to come and state her case safely. The fact that she still doesn't want to come verifies that something about her rape claims is dishonest and "fishy".

Yep, well at least she may survive in Thailand for 24 hours before she has an unfortunate accident anyway.

24 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Yep, well at least she may survive in Thailand for 24 hours before she has an unfortunate accident anyway.

Big Joke has been effective in his efforts. His name and "face" are linked with integrity. Because of that, he would personally make sure she arrives, and leaves, safely. 

7 minutes ago, RickTik said:

Big Joke has been effective in his efforts. His name and "face" are linked with integrity. Because of that, he would personally make sure she arrives, and leaves, safely. 

I believe she would be able to enter and leave Thailand safely but only because of the publicity this has garnered up to press

Its got nothing to do with Big Jokes alleged integrity

4 minutes ago, RickTik said:

And what if big joke doesn't believe her but believes his own excellent investigation that concluded that no rape took place. Would he throw her in Thai jail for fraud, defamation, God knows what else?

He has already investigated the case and closed it. Or has he changed his mind?

48 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I believe she would be able to enter and leave Thailand safely but only because of the publicity this has garnered up to press

Its got nothing to do with Big Jokes alleged integrity

I agree that the publicity was the "insurance". However, "Big Joke" involved also helped insure her safety. Everything points to false charges from the woman involved in this case.

For me it sounds like some of you guys have no idea how it feels to be a innocent victim in a country so far away from your home-country... most rape victims searching internet for try to find answers for who they can/wanne call and tell what happened to them... try to google raped in Koh Tao Thailand or raped in Thailand, read what you find to another (objective) person and ask then ask him/her what they would do?

I hope all you people that blame this girl have the guts to apologise to her in public if she can find a way to continue her case from UK.... we can continue my daughter case from Norway and I’m sure UK can do the same?? 

This is is not a fight against Koh Tao, Koh Samui, AoNang etc.... this fight is against the rapist and justice! 

And if someone of you that know big joke can ask him what area in Krabi the false statement/report he write about was I would be happy (or maybe not) to know! Because that is exactly what the people that threatened us to escape was telling us ? ... he (friend of the rapist) said my daughter had give wrong information etc and that police will charge her for give false report. And when all documents we signed was in Thai of course this make us escape! 

Look at the YouTube video Evil man from Krabi and tell me WHY this young girl and her family need to fight so hard and for a very long time for get justice?

Why did the government block website to the journalist that published the story about my daughter? 

Have someone see photo of this girl from UK was at fukl moon party the day after she said she was raped or is it only bad peoples mouth to mouth? 

Is is it possible that her mom mean her daughter was robbed when she use the word missing her phone etc.? 

I just wonder because I get so angry and upset when people blame others only from mouth to mouth and don’t have the mind to think and research them self??‍♀️?

Just now, Just Weird said:

He made his statement because she has not made a complaint herself and she will not accept an offer to be interviewed about her allegation in London.

Who made that offer about the interview in London and was was supposedly going to interview her ?

Archived