Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

webfact

Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

cd45a00b2adf7f1118a1cc1a30d91672f_14219396_180902_0020-1024x683.jpg

FILE PHOTO Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpan //Thai Tourist Police Bureau

Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpan has told the Thai media that the London teenager who claimed she was drugged, robbed and raped on Koh Tao will be blacklisted for life if she is lying.

And he has said that Thailand wants quality tourists - not bad ones.

So far the Maj-Gen - the deputy commander of the Tourist Police Bureau known as Big Joke in the Thai media - has said there is not a scrap of evidence to suggest she is telling the truth.

He was commenting after a visit to the controversial island last week.

High level contacts are being made via the British embassy in Bangkok with metropolitan police in London.

The Thais are seeking a formal statement from the victim and other evidence after it was claimed in British tabloids that she was raped.

A t-shirt with DNA is believed to be in possession of the family.

Maj-Gen Surachate said if it can be shown that she lied then she will be banned from entering Thailand for life.

She had already been invited by the authorities to come to Thailand to repeat her claims and show her evidence. Her mother told a Thai journalist last week that she didn't want to return though she might consider coming herself.

Thai media also reported that there were four outstanding cases where people lied to authorities in Koh Tao (2), Koh Samui and Krabi for the purpose of gaining access to government funds for victims. Foreigners who lied will be deported and blacklisted.

Surachate added: "Thirty five million tourists come to Thailand each year making it the third most visited place on earth. We want to separate the quality tourists from those that are no good".

Requests for comments from the alleged rape victim, her ex boyfriend and her mother have been made by Thaivisa without success.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-03

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thai media also reported that there were four outstanding cases where people lied to authorities in Koh Tao (2), Koh Samui and Krabi for the purpose of gaining access to government funds for victims.

I don't think she would have left Thailand if this is what she was after , more likely the thought of remaining where she alleges she was raped was to much to handle and had to leave . 

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

She had already been invited by the authorities to come to Thailand to repeat her claims and show her evidence.

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

They invite her or they blacklist her? The right hand and the left hand seem to be operated by two different sides of an incompetent brain. Any 'goodwill' is clearly long gone. She will of course never return in case she is jailed for computer crimes or a breach of national security. 

11 minutes ago, jouec said:

Surprised we haven't had a #boycott Thailand, from the #me too movement

My thoughts too Jouec, Im sure they are delighted to hear that victims are encouraged not to report any rape incidents. The island needs some A list celebrity to get behind  it, the British and Australian media doesnt seem to be getting the message across. Oprahs doing nothing nowadays, get her on it.

It is a clear case of witness intimidation, with a clear motive to discourage the woman from making a statement that she was raped.

The RTP have admitted that their investigation did not include any statement or evidence from the victim. I was aware that some persons believe BJ was promoted for his politician policeman role and he is not known for investigatory skills, but this takes it to a different level.

It was only about 48 hrs ago the RTP declared case closed beyond any doubt.Now they are asking for statement and evidence and if found lying ?. I am I to take it the previous statement was false/ fake, cause it appears that the 2 statements are mutually exclusive.

Big Joke that is what you are a big joke, talking bs all the time, you are tourist police, nothing else.

You are threatening a girl for what reason? She has brought the spotlight on to the goings on which the authorities here dont want people to know about.

Big show Big Joke goes to the island finds no evidence why? Because you never looked for any, thats why, cover up just the usual c++p blame the victim, discredit her just so Thailand comes out smelling of roses.

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

These are the words of Prawit coming out of the mouth of his junior subordinate.

Given that Maj-Gen Surachate has been appointed lackey and shoe polisher to Prawit "Watches" Wongsuwan it should be Prawit himself who now assumes the moniker of "Big Joke"; which is much more fitting. Surachate can be relegated to Small Joke which is also more fitting. 

So, if a girl is raped by a local, reports it to the police who cannot find sufficient evidence, she is a liar and will be prosecuted. I wonder what the attitude be if this happened to a Thai lass whilst abroad, if you could find a country with such a laughable police force as here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Yeah, big threat.

What rape victim doesn't want to return to the place where they were violently assaulted, then vilified and blamed by the authorities as part of a cover up?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Wonder if the Big BJ has ever heard of the Streisand Effect....

"The Streisand effect is a phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet. It is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once people are aware that some information is being kept from them, their motivation to access and spread it is increased."

Naah...no courageous guardian of the holy places would be concerned about silly farang stuff.

Many years ago a Thai friend of mine was raped by an employee of a small resort on Koh Mok, the man fled in the middle of the night as she had bit into his tongue. I picked her up from the hospital and took her to her uncle's house in Chon Buri who was a high ranking police official at the time. Weeks later I asked if she had ever reported it to the police. She hadn't but her uncle had the hospitals and clinics scoured for a man that had come in that night for stitches in his tongue and according to her, they found him. No charges, no arrest, no trial. He was taken out to sea and put to rest. Case closed. That is the Thai way to deal with rapists. 

5 minutes ago, dictater said:

Many years ago a Thai friend of mine was raped by an employee of a small resort on Koh Mok, the man fled in the middle of the night as she had bit into his tongue. I picked her up from the hospital and took her to her uncle's house in Chon Buri who was a high ranking police official at the time. Weeks later I asked if she had ever reported it to the police. She hadn't but her uncle had the hospitals and clinics scoured for a man that had come in that night for stitches in his tongue and according to her, they found him. No charges, no arrest, no trial. He was taken out to sea and put to rest. Case closed. That is the Thai way to deal with rapists. 

Correction. That is the Thai way to deal with rapists who are unfortunate enough to pick a victim who has a high ranking policeman as a relative.

For all others. please take a number.

Archived