sound reflective panels for the street

SergioNaz

The only thing I've seen is HomePro has packs of 60cm x 60cm sound deadening foam pads that you can glue to a wall.  They are *not* cheap and you've got a lot of area to cover.

A place like Global or Thai Watsadu may have large panels of fiberboard, I used them back home to line the small room for my woodworking shop's air compressor and dust collector.

Try  MICCELL BID. ,BIG ONE COMPLEX 221/1-3 MOO 8 
POOCHAOSAMINGPRAI RD., SAMRONGKLANG, PRAPRADANG, SAMUTPRAKARN 10130, THAILAND 
TEL : +66-2380-6960, +66-2739-7822 FAX : +66-2380-1084-5 EMAIL : [email protected]

But more absorption panels inside.

Edited by puipuitom
  • Like 1

Double pane glass and build out the wall (Double wall) to provide and airspace between the first and second wall.  Sticking foam panels on the existing wall not help.   Do your research.  

Edited by tpthai2
  • Like 1

Cont.

IKEA has a DIY help suggestion here:

https://www.ikea.com/th/en/ideas/201542_idbe01a/

If you do not want to commit to double glass and a wall air-space then this is a game of inches.  A little here and a little there combining low cost assistants in hopes of achieving a livable result.  Pink noise generators will somewhat mask certain frequencies.  The effect is very similar to running a floor fan or two at medium to high speed and can be used for this purpose.  

Edited by tpthai2

I've seen proper noise reflecting/suppressing panels installed at the side of busy roads in Bangkok and near Sattahip and elsewhere, so the highways department must be buying them somewhere. Perhaps some Thai speaker could ask them?

Double-glazing and double walls are a solution for indoors, but they dont help if you want to sit outside or have your windows open. Those panels do seem to be useful for that.