Man found electrocuted at Pathum Thani fish pond

webfact

Our fish ponds are raided every year, Sometimes they are spotted and driven off (including being shot at) and sometimes other limited defence such as barbed wire and sticks in the water stop the nets. And sometimes they get some fish. I wish i could afford extreme security, but you need to be on a war footing to stop it. There are plenty of free fishing ponds - but these have been poached incessantly as well. These are not starving villagers, but professional thieves - who prey on what is not locked up. It makes trying to make a living on a farm hard - stealing rice before harvest, mangoes from the trees, and fish from the ponds. It is a career choice.

No sympathy from me.

Having an electrified fence, at 240 volts, is murder!  There have been reports of  Thai boys being killed by these fences for poaching some fruit. In any civilized country the person who installed this type of fence would be charged with murder.  Easy to use/buy an electrified fence designed for livestock which shocks but does not kill.

58 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

Having an electrified fence, at 240 volts, is murder!  There have been reports of  Thai boys being killed by these fences for poaching some fruit. In any civilized country the person who installed this type of fence would be charged with murder.  Easy to use/buy an electrified fence designed for livestock which shocks but does not kill.

Killing is the goal

You want to make sure he isn't able to do it again

2 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Tough sh$t! DON'T POACH.

13 hours ago, Esso49 said:

No, they started of as sheep stealers but once there became sheep shaggers, or nowadays known as Australians.

I think you confuse races withe the rubbish about sheep. But feel free to walk into a Aussie place and repeat the diatribe, its a good way to find out if you are funnier than you sound. You are about as humorous as a dose of the clap. Im not Australian by the way, so you f**ked that up as well

2 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I think you confuse races withe the rubbish about sheep. But feel free to walk into a Aussie place and repeat the diatribe, its a good way to find out if you are funnier than you sound. You are about as humorous as a dose of the clap. Im not Australian by the way, so you f**ked that up as well

Who would call themselves an aussie who wasn't lol

On 9/4/2018 at 6:10 PM, bluesofa said:

I take your point.

My F-I-L as I said earlier has shot at thieves in the night, for stealing fish.

The family has twice in the past two years phoned the police during the night over the same thing. The police refuse to turn up, giving every excuse in the book.

My wife said a lot of it - apart from laziness - is due to being scared of going out of town into the country at night. She said that a few times over the years, the police have been attacked and beaten up by locals, frustrated by their laziness when the locals genuinely needed help.

How the law deals with it is completely different as to how the police don't deal with it.

I think I would like your FIL, my kind of people. 

On 9/4/2018 at 12:31 PM, sammieuk1 said:

Looks like rigging your pond with 240v is all perfectly normal here then never knew that manslaughter anywhere else was so easy?

Amps are what kills. Electric fence energisers put out high voltage (around 8,000 volts), but very low amperage or current (around 120 milliamps).

Archived