Saudi Arabian tourist dies from injuries in Phuket ATV plunge

webfact

Saudi Arabian tourist dies from injuries in Phuket ATV plunge

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1536061705_1-org.jpg

Saudi Arabian tourist Muteb Alsahli, 24, was driving an ATV in the hills behind Chalong when it plunged down a steep slope and hit a tree. Photos: Chalong Municipality rescue workers

PHUKET: The Saudi Arabian tourist who suffered head injuries in an ATV accident on Sunday (Sept 2) has died from his injuries.

Muteb Alsahli, 24, was driving an ATV with friends on a track in the hills behind Soi Klumyang, Chalong, when he lost control of the ATV and plunged 10 metres down a steep incline beside the track, coming to rest when the ATV struck a tree.

Although initial reports by rescue workers at the scene reported Mr Muteb's condition as “not serious”, he was last reported in hospital as he had nearly severed his tongue in the impact.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/saudi-arabian-tourist-dies-from-injuries-in-phuket-atv-plunge-68508.php#wTjbVHIXGTXx64d7.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-09-05

3 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Coming soon,a crackdown on the safety of atv tours.closed down for a day then back to normal.a few big wigs with 10kg of medals turning up and pointing fingers for the cameras.its the same old same old thing I'm afraid to say.oh let's not forget the promise of a million baht until the body's out of the country and all is forgotten.when I pancaked a scooter under the wheels of a truck in Phuket the owner made me pay 35,000b and no mention of insurance that he probably claimed later.its a win win for scooter rentals if you crash and another form of jet ski scamming.

Agree with you.  Like all the hundreds of 'crackdowns' they have over the last few years. 

Make a big song and dance about it, uniforms, police, flowers and pretty girls and little kids smiling, and put it all over the media.  

The general population think the guys in charge are doing a jolly good job.... then it's all forgotten and back to, sorry I mean worse, than before, while they concentrate on the next crackdown.   People either have very short memories here, or they just don't care at all about any issues unless they are loosing money.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Coming soon,a crackdown on the safety of atv tours.closed down for a day then back to normal.a few big wigs with 10kg of medals turning up and pointing fingers for the cameras.its the same old same old thing I'm afraid to say.oh let's not forget the promise of a million baht until the body's out of the country and all is forgotten.when I pancaked a scooter under the wheels of a truck in Phuket the owner made me pay 35,000b and no mention of insurance that he probably claimed later.its a win win for scooter rentals if you crash and another form of jet ski scamming.

Saudis are not allowed to visit Thailand

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Not sure what you mean by that? Saudis are definitely allowed to visit Thailand. There are many of them living in the condo where I stay.

Edited by kokopelli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

Your suggestion the mio Baht is not paid is nonsense. And connecting this to your scooter accident, very unlikely there was insurance so your suggestion he claimed it is also nonsense, is comparing apples and oranges.

3 hours ago, kokopelli said:
4 hours ago, The manic said:

Not sure what you mean by that? Saudis are definitely allowed to visit Thailand. There are many of them living in the condo where I stay.

Read about the "Blue Diamond " Matter here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia–Thailand_relations

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

Your suggestion the mio Baht is not paid is nonsense. And connecting this to your scooter accident, very unlikely there was insurance so your suggestion he claimed it is also nonsense, is comparing apples and oranges.

It was government taxed so should of had insurance.im glad you know more about my incedent than I do.can you let me know what if any insurance this company have as you seem to be the man in the know.

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Read about the "Blue Diamond " Matter here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia–Thailand_relations

I see what you are saying, Old Croc, about being "allowed" to visit, but they come anyway.

This is what your link said:

As a result, Saudi Arabia does not issue working visas for Thais and discourages its citizens from visiting the country.[citation needed]. Although a travel ban exists many Saudis violate it and travel constantly to the Kingdom of Thailand, Elias Siyaman, a tourist company representative, said there is clear growth in the number of Saudis tourists, where they come in fourth place among Gulf tourists. They travel through the closest airports to Bangkok. A large percentage of Saudi nationals come for tourism and 70 percent are single

Edited by kokopelli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

It was government taxed so should of had insurance.im glad you know more about my incedent than I do.can you let me know what if any insurance this company have as you seem to be the man in the know.

Difference is I know what I'm talking about, and don't throw around wild accusations without knowing.

Edited by stevenl
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Gov taxed is almost worthless. Nothing for mechanical damage. Limited cover for medical costs.

2 hours ago, kokopelli said:

A large percentage of Saudi nationals come for tourism and 70 percent are single

70% are single, amazing.

They left their wife and kids back home in Saudi to have sex with anything that walks without a burka in Thailand. 

Anyway RIP. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Gov taxed is almost worthless. Nothing for mechanical damage. Limited cover for medical costs.

Really,that's why my stepsons got a new Honda cub after smashing his last one up with less than a 1,000km on it and I've not paid 1 baht.you need to learn the ropes dear boy.i lived in kata by the gas station but I was enlightened and I'm not a tourist.

5 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Really,that's why my stepsons got a new Honda cub after smashing his last one up with less than a 1,000km on it and I've not paid 1 baht.you need to learn the ropes dear boy.i lived in kata by the gas station but I was enlightened and I'm not a tourist.

He didn't get the new bike from the compulsory government insurance.

• Like 1