New book by Woodward says Trump wanted Syrian leader killed

webfact

7 hours ago, blazes said:

The only really weird thing arising from this book is why all these WH minions did not resign when they heard Trump calling them these despicable names.

In fact, what the book reveals best of all is the nature of the Swamp. Who are these people?  Is it a paycheque that keeps them in the WH or some misbegotten sense of "grandeur" to be working in America's most important house?

In my 48 years of working in offices and businesses of all types I cannot recall a single one that was as dysfunctional as the current White House is portrayed, or even close.   

I certainly have worked for and with some weird characters, some volitile personalities and some crude men and women.......but frankly, regardless of the pedigree of the assorted authors of Trump tell-alls there are

striking similarities in all of these books.   It would seem that all of these high powered  "WH minions" are just a bunch of lily-livered little pussies who must have run home after work and cried to thier mommys.

Now.....if I remember correctlly we are talking about former Generals of the Armed Services, Chiefs of Commerce etc.  Frankly, some pretty impressive people.  People who wouldn't put up with the mistreatment identified in these books for more than about half a minute before the roof would blow off.

So I say let's tip our hat to the authors and various unidentified "sources' for an entertaining read and get back to reality.  These books are nothing but fodder for fools who would believe any good yarn you want to spin.  Enjoy the FICTION.

Edited by TGIR
typo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TGIR said:

In my 48 years of working in offices and businesses of all types I cannot recall a single one that was as dysfunctional as the current White House is portrayed, or even close.   

I certainly have worked for and with some weird characters, some volitile personalities and some crude men and women.......but frankly, regardless of the pedigree of the assorted authors of Trump tell-alls there are

striking similarities in all of these books.   It would seem that all of these high powered  "WH minions" are just a bunch of lily-livered little pussies who must have run home after work and cried to thier mommys.

Now.....if I remember correctlly we are talking about former Generals of the Armed Services, Chiefs of Commerce etc.  Frankly, some pretty impressive people.  People who wouldn't put up with the mistreatment identified in these books for more than about half a minute before the roof would blow off.

So I say let's tip our hat to the authors and various unidentified "sources' for an entertaining read and get back to reality.  These books are nothing but fodder for fools who would believe any good yarn you want to spin.  Enjoy the FICTION.

Well, if you leave General Motors because you can't stand the boss the consequences may be unhappy for GM but not so much for the USA. But if your boss is a raging ignoramus and you're doing your best to protect the nation  by keeping him from making disasstrous decisions, the consequences of leaving are considerably more dire. And there is the fact that despite the abuse that Jeff Sessions does have to endure, he also gets to slow the decriminalization of the marijuana trade and effect other policies dear to his heart. The case is similar for other high level executives. For them, the trade-off is worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TGIR said:

Just fools … " “We got more money, we got more brains, we got better houses and apartments, we got nicer boats, we’re smarter than they are and they say they’re the elite,” Trump scoffed. In lights of these claims, Trump declared that he and his fans were the real deservers of elite status. "

Well of course you don't believe anything in this book.  You're a Trump supporter.  Unfortunately for you and Trump, the majority of Americans--and the rest of the world--will believe it.  Because it rings true.  There have been consistencies in these tell-all books, whether it's Woodward, Michael Wolff, or even Omarosa, not to mention reporting from CNN, NY Times, WSJ, Wash Post, and virtually all other legitimate news outlets.  In short, Trump is a totally inept whackjob.  

Now if stories were to come out that Trump secretly helped to unite some Hispanic refugee family, or that he's a scholar who reads books cover to cover every night, or that he attends church on a regular basis, or that he's never cheated on his wife or that he actually admires middle class Americans....well those stories would not be consistent with what we know of Trump and would not be believable. 
When the majority of Americans believe that, then the Democrats will win the house in November. Right?

Make your bets.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

Well of course you don't believe anything in this book.  You're a Trump supporter.  Unfortunately for you and Trump, the majority of Americans--and the rest of the world--will believe it.  Because it rings true.  There have been consistencies in these tell-all books, whether it's Woodward, Michael Wolff, or even Omarosa, not to mention reporting from CNN, NY Times, WSJ, Wash Post, and virtually all other legitimate news outlets.  In short, Trump is a totally inept whackjob.  

Now if stories were to come out that Trump secretly helped to unite some Hispanic refugee family, or that he's a scholar who reads books cover to cover every night, or that he attends church on a regular basis, or that he's never cheated on his wife or that he actually admires middle class Americans....well those stories would not be consistent with what we know of Trump and would not be believable. 
When the majority of Americans believe that, then the Democrats will win the house in November. Right?

Make your bets.

14 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This book was expected to be a fairly stark view inside the tRUmp WH, who were planning for the worst. It seems to be a lot worse than even they could have imagined. About all they could do to get ahead of it was to vaguely reference "fake books".

tRUmp wanting to assassinate a foreign leader, while illegal, is hardly surprising, and may not do a whole lot for his relationships with other foreign leaders.

Some interesting snippets, more to follow...again, not shocking perhaps to anyone other than a tRUmp supporter.

Welcome to "Crazytown".

Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged," Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader." And Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a f***ing liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.

"He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."

Problem is that many of the people on the inside who Woodward has quoted have already denied having said the things Woodward is claiming.  Can't see Mattis or Kelly saying those things and needless to say Woodwards sources are probably mostly unnamed.  Just another attempt to sell a book.

1 hour ago, Trouble said:

Problem is that many of the people on the inside who Woodward has quoted have already denied having said the things Woodward is claiming.  Can't see Mattis or Kelly saying those things and needless to say Woodwards sources are probably mostly unnamed.  Just another attempt to sell a book.

The sole fact that his own administration put Trump under guardianship is very telling of what is happening at the White House: the system is self-regulating.  since everyone aknowledges Trump is a totally misunderstood thoughtful person , not at all impulsive nor bellicose despite being surrounded by harmful forces
Edited by Opl

7 hours ago, Trouble said:

Various comments by Cabinet members regards Trump's behaviour have previously been denied / deflected. IMO credible people such as Mattis are denying in order they remain Cabinet members / executive team to try and keep onside with Trump for a degree of functioning government. To date Trump has been cited for 4,700+ misinformation / lies in the public domain. Trump has lost all credibility with his Admin's behaviour both domestically and internationally. As a guess I expect no impeachment proceeding prior to 2020 due to the current alternative, Pence, but more attempted containment of Trump's idiocracy.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The latest is an anonymous  Op-Ed essay published at the NY Times by an "Top Official" in the Tramp administration which is highly critical of Trump

Ir can be read at: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

I don't know about all of you but I believe "where there is smoke there is fire"  and boy is there smoke!

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2018 at 5:36 AM, webfact said:

nothing more than fabricated stories, many by former disgruntled employees, told to make the president look bad."

If only. Sadly Trump shows he is more clueless than Obama who decided to aid the anti Assad forces without realizing where it might lead.

Trump wanted to Kill Assad, until Putin pulled him by the short hairs and said "no, down boy" 

22 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Make your bets.

The majority of Americans are Democrats and independents, so yes, the Dems should win the house.  But then there's this gerrymandering problem which had been going on for years in various districts, giving the Republicans an advantage they shouldn't have.  But even with that, the Dems will probably still win the house.

• Like 1