Thai women warned about multiple ear piercing as "keloids" strike

webfact

Thai women warned about multiple ear piercing as "keloids" strike

10pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Pictures were being shared on Thai social media of a woman who developed growths known as keloids after having multiple piercings of the ear.

She had to have the growths surgically removed and there were a lot of them.

Keloids are fibrous tissue found at the site of a scar or injury.

Daily News Online said that Dr Natchaya Maitreewech had warned of the possible complications of ear piercing in a previous column she had written on their site.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-05

It's keloid scarring and you either genetically have it or you don't, unfortunately I'm the former.

Cortisone - cream or injections to deal with it. 

What is weird is how she left it to get to this stage to begin with - at what point would a normal person not see a doctor?

Edited by lordblackader
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Why is it that so many people have these keloids especially in areas on the arms where they received vaccination?

From the time that I started to come to the Far East and South East Asia (1959) I noticed how many of the simplest of vaccinations have resulted in very scared upper arms.

• Thanks 1

My daughter brought home a boyfriend with multiple piercings all along his ear-lobe.  I joked that if he had any more it would tear off along the perforations like postage stamps.  Two years later he was caught up in a fight and exactly what I'd prophesied happened.

I am available for lottery consultations.

As I posted on another thread, how about giving the Chinese a break! Yeah, they make cheap ear rings, but so does Thailand, and a bunch of other countries. Thai bashing is nothing compared to the Chinese bashing that goes on here, and no, I am not Chinese!