"Sinner" poisons nine soi dogs who only "barked at night"

webfact

On 7 กันยายน 2561 at 1:40 PM, tropo said:

Nonsense! Anyone is at risk of being bitten or crashing to avoid them. My young Thai neighbour of about 20 had a nasty fall trying to avoid an attacking soi dog a block away from her house. I suspect you're being ignorant on purpose.

27,000 thais die in road accidents every year, to blame animals for thais driving skills, drinking habits etc is just being hyper ignorant

but its no surprise on the voiceless threads. Should be a new term for some bar hoppers, the Elon Musk brigade

its the same type of posters everytime on these threads

most of you wouldnt be seen dead using the same language on homeless animals outside of the bar areas

Edited by humbug
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, humbug said:

27,000 thais die in road accidents every year, to blame animals for thais driving skills, drinking habits etc is just being hyper ignorant

but its no surprise on the voiceless threads. Should be a new term for some bar hoppers, the Elon Musk brigade

its the same type of posters everytime on these threads

most of you wouldnt be seen dead using the same language on homeless animals outside of the bar areas

Wild Dogs don't  have much success when they try  to bite vehicle drivers so your data is flawed 

Try asking 27,000 people walking /jogging /cycling past them to get a better idea of what they're capable off  

I have a friend who can not walk his pet dog down the local road anymore because it is now "owned" by a pack of wild dogs who are making him think about moving house.... 

• Like 1

Every day and night we have this problem. Not only banking but run after motorbikes and banking like its their last breath on earth. The kids do not want to play outside because they are afraid. Gouverment thinks more about the dogs than humans. Sad but true..

• Like 2

so many posters sound like the townie who moved to a village then complain about the church bells ringing on a sunday..the soi dogs were here before us and will still be here long after we are gone,,if you do not like it move back to your safe European homes...

• Sad 1

I look out of my window and see maybe 30 dogs laying on the concrete road. They don't even want to move when a pick-up comes by.

At the Thursday market they sell industrial dog whistles. Time to get on I reckon. Mount it on the gate-post and just plug it in.

Come back dog wagon!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some Thoughts On Dogs
Wolves evolved into dogs starting from when humans let them come around the campfire begging for food. They kept the ones with a friendly nature and got rid of the others. Through selective breeding they made these wolves into all sort of weird shapes, from Chihuahuas to St. Bernards. Some have been bred to the extent that they can hardly stay alive: "The English bulldog has come to symbolize all that is wrong with the dog fancy and not without good reason; they suffer from almost every possible disease. A 2004 survey by the Kennel Club found that they die at the median age of 6.25 years.... There really is no such thing as a healthy bulldog. The bulldog’s monstrous proportions make them virtually incapable of mating or birthing without medical intervention." (https://dogbehaviorscience.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/100-years-of-breed-improvement/)
Some of the dogs humans now keep are treated well (many, to a ridiculous extent). Even among the ones that are kept reasonably well, they are often kept as a kind of "fashion toy" (e.g., Poodles, Shih Tzus), status symbol, etc.
Each day in the USA about 1800 dogs are euthanized. If they weren't, the streets of America might look a lot like Thailand, which has no animal control and a culture in which citizens mostly accept the barking, howling, begging, mange, rabies, etc. of these unclaimed animals. 
I grew up with dogs. They can be lovely and loving. But a huge percentage are fawned over as puppies, then cast aside. (When I lived in Japan in the '90s, the suburbs around Tokyo were littered with unwanted dogs. After they outgrew puppyhood, people would drive out into the country and just shove them out of the car.) The "puppy farms," that produce the fashionable breeds for pet stores, are another problem.
It seems to me about half of all dogs in Thailand are basically vermin that cause mostly grief for the human population. They suffer a pitiful existence until disease, malnutrition, a motor vehicle, or something else puts an end to their sad lives. 

• Like 1