Pattaya taxi mafia thwarted as Bangkok cabby let go after gun complaint

webfact

3 hours ago, hidbehindthesofa said:

Two questions :

Why is the taxi driver's face clearly shown twice in the first 22 seconds of the video and only pixelated thereafter ?

Why is what appears to be a motorbike taxi driver conducting the search of the taxi's boot rather than the police ?

Rapid RTP response plus MTB guy being allowed to intimidate the guy and search his car are clear indications that Pattaya RTP are an integral part of Pattaya taxi mafia.

Thais don't do subtle, do they?

7 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

when we see Pattaya taxi meter get banned 

they continue to refuse put meter on and their attitude is a real danger to the tourism 

I hope all tourists will start ban them 

I have told my incoming friends to avoid them.There are alternatives.

Government could fix it in a week. No incentive to do so. Same crowd will come down to inspect this first class resort and declare it fit for purpose... only thing it’s fit for IS it’s purpose, and we all know what that is. Filthy kip most of the time , but I love it ! 

15 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

when we see Pattaya taxi meter get banned 

they continue to refuse put meter on and their attitude is a real danger to the tourism 

I hope all tourists will start ban them 

Boycotting Thailand completely is a much better idea! [hit the greedy Thais where it hurts them most - in their pockets!]

16 hours ago, Lucky mike said:

Definitely not good for tourism ?

I don't live in sex city, but why would any body use the Taxis. It is tantamount to assisting criminals in the act of a crime. Taxis = passengers .: no passenger = no taxis . Vote with your feet??????

4 minutes ago, Aupee said:

I don't live in sex city, but why would any body use the Taxis. It is tantamount to assisting criminals in the act of a crime. Taxis = passengers .: no passenger = no taxis . Vote with your feet??????

I think that would increase definitely the sale of shoes.

Edited by bluesofa

17 hours ago, Lucky mike said:

Definitely not good for tourism ?

17 hours ago, MUSICMAN16 said:

taxi drivers and soi dogs are ruining thailand for tourists

but i hate the taxi drivers a bit more than the rabbied soi dogs

The dogs are not that bad 

I've never known a place so volatile of late, especially in the town ............ even their own kind! Dog eat dog scenario, when money is at stake, every where you go these days & you can't avoid it ......... it used to be fun, but not any longer ..... now even the tourists get involved. Think Pattaya is gonna be a place that people will give a wide berth & give it a miss on the places to visit before you die! Most europeans have already voted with their feet & it's not down to the exchange rate ........... it's not going to be long before the Chinese & Asian tourists etc recognise this & follow suit ..... fact.

11 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

I've never known a place so volatile of late, especially in the town ............ even their own kind! Dog eat dog scenario, when money is at stake, every where you go these days & you can't avoid it ......... it used to be fun, but not any longer ..... now even the tourists get involved. Think Pattaya is gonna be a place that people will give a wide berth & give it a miss on the places to visit before you die! Most europeans have already voted with their feet & it's not down to the exchange rate ........... it's not going to be long before the Chinese & Asian tourists etc recognise this & follow suit ..... fact.

Sorry, to be pedantic: it's not going to be long before the Chinese & Asian tourists etc recognise this & follow suit ..... prediction.

3 hours ago, Aupee said:

Most people did that a while back. In Pattaya, most people get home after a night out by either MTB or Grab. Taxis are a thing of the past. If I want a taxi to the airport, I have the number of a cheap reliable taxi company.

16 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Back home, if a cabbie gets a "fare" into an area outside the one covered by his PSV ( public service vehicle) licence, it is ok to do that run....but he is not allowed to "pick up" a fare till he is back in his own jurisdiction. Common sense really. Each PSV licensed only covers the area where it is issued ...all would run amok otherwise 

I think what you mean here is, IF its a hackney cab licenced as such to operate anywhere, they can pick up anywhere.
If its a Radio cabs or private hire or similar, they have to be booked or called in, for insurance purposes. 
Plus the PSV licence changed to Taxi driver licence in 2016 and revised testing applies.
UK licences can be Hackney or black cabs. Can go anywhere
Radio or mini cabs. Have to be booked prior to getting in.
Dual licenced, for both types of work.

19 hours ago, Daveyh said:

I've never known a place so volatile of late, especially in the town ............ even their own kind! Dog eat dog scenario, when money is at stake, every where you go these days & you can't avoid it ......... it used to be fun, but not any longer ..... now even the tourists get involved. Think Pattaya is gonna be a place that people will give a wide berth & give it a miss on the places to visit before you die! Most europeans have already voted with their feet & it's not down to the exchange rate ...........7t it's not going to be long before the Chinese & Asian tourists etc recognise this & follow suit ..... fact.

There are just too many of these taxis / jerks in Pattaya now. I wish you right about Asians giving Pattaya a miss. But they are just too obvious. Just charter a baht bus for special trips. The main problem are these taxi lowlifes making a mess of their surroundings wherever they are, e.g. the marina/big c area .

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 6:45 PM, kentrot said:

Can I ask ??

What was a Motorbike Taxi Driver (Orange Vest in video)

Probably a police volunteer .Some of the moto taxi guys are paid by the police.