Heavy rains predicted in many parts of Thailand

webfact

Heavy rains predicted in many parts of country

By The Nation

RAIN.jpg

FILE photo

The Meteorological Department has warned people in many parts of the country to brace themselves for heavy rains from Friday to Monday.

In its third warning of heavy rains issued at 5am on Friday, the department said the heavy rains would be unleashed by a moderate high-pressure area from China that has spread over upper Laos and Vietnam.

At the same time, a monsoon trough lies across the lower north, the Upper Central, the East and the Lower Northeast, while a Southwest monsoon prevails over the Andaman Sea, the South and the Gulf. All the factors will contribute to more rain.

The department said heavy rains will come with gusty winds and people in some areas should be prepared for possible flooding and mudslides.

The department said the areas that are expected to be affect include:

Friday:

Northern: Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Uttaradit, Phitsanulok and Phetchabun.

Northeast: Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Nakhon Phanom and Sakon Nakhon

Saturday and Sunday:

Northern: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Uttaradit, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Phichit, Kamphaeng Phet, Sukhothai and Tak.

Northeast: Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bungkan, Nakhon Phanom, Sakon Nakhon, Mukdahan, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Khon Kaen and Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram, Surin, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani and Sisaket.

Central: Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Uthaithani, Chai Nat, Nakhon Sawan, Singburi, Ang Thong, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya, Nakhon Pathom, Suphan Buri, Samut Songkhram and Samut Sakhon as well as Bangkok and its vicinity.

East: Chachoengsao, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Phetchaburi. Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Ranong, Phangnga and Phuket.

Monday:

Northern: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Phichit, Kamphaengphet and Tak.

Northeast: Surin, Sisaket, Ubon Ratchathani, Amnat Charoen, Yasothon, Roi Et and Mahasarakham.

Central: Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Uthaithani, Chai Nat, Nakhon Sawan, Singburi, Ang Thong, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya, Nakhon Pathom, Suphan Buri, Samut Songkhram and Samut Sakhon as well as Bangkok and its vicinity.

East: Chachoengsao, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

South: Phetchaburi. Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Ranong, Phangnga and Phuket.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353937

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-07
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

tend to take these things with a pinch of salt now

Same here in Lampang, no cloud to see on the totally blue sky. I took a look at the weather satellite's and see why, the expected much rain is going even much norther for now.

Edited by RotMahKid

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

As i am reading this in Wichianburi ,Phetchabun province,the sky is blue and the sun shining,this is about the 5th warning we have had in the last few weeks i have yet to see evidence on the daily rainfall figures of the Thai met site [apart from a few isolated areas] of a massive increase in rainfall,tend to take these things with a pinch of salt now.

Same here in Phitsanulok, blue skies everywhere the eye can see.

I know Phits is a big province, and somewhere, people are likely 'getting it', but not where we are..................:thumbsup:

• Like 1

shpuld be wind warning in kanchanaburi. hasnt rain here where i am for a couple months. a little spitting here and there but nothing. Ita dry as hell, lost about 50 banana plants from the dry and wind. If only i disnt rwad the dam weather i would have watered more. 

fingers crossed for some rain then...

3 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Don't believe it,  Rain in the rainy season ?  Wish I had their brains. -   for breakfast on toast

No thanks, I would prefer sheep's brains they are bigger and would taste better.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

As i am reading this in Wichianburi ,Phetchabun province,the sky is blue and the sun shining,this is about the 5th warning we have had in the last few weeks i have yet to see evidence on the daily rainfall figures of the Thai met site [apart from a few isolated areas] of a massive increase in rainfall,tend to take these things with a pinch of salt now.

Not to WORRY........ This current un-elected government is trying to make the 'Thai Public' think that it is concerned for them...... Hopeing to get 'really-elected' soon........

What a laff this regime has become..... Truly it is a Police state now and just makes warnings like this to 'fool the public'......... LOL .........

Edited to add -- these warnings are a 'cover-up' for not spending money or concern for 'flood drainage projects'

Edited by sawadeeken
add a line
  • Sad 1

It is now 06:00 and as forecast with warnings by the weather bureau we have thunderstorms with very strong wind and extremely heavy rain that started at about 02:00 and it is still very heavy rain now which has caused our soi to flood for the first time ever here in Khon Kaen. Looking at the radar this front is traveling from the north east to the south west and it is a continual unbroken line from well into Laos down to about 100 kilometres south of Surin.

11 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Edited to add -- these warnings are a 'cover-up' for not spending money or concern for 'flood drainage projects'

Yes, perhaps the money has been "spent", or at least disbursed, just not necessarily on the "flood drainage projects'?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Yes, perhaps the money has been "spent", or at least disbursed, just not necessarily on the "flood drainage projects'?

YUP!!!!!!!!! Being spent for Submarines and Tanks...... I doubt they even plan to use those 'SUB's in the flooded areas............ LOL ..........