Thailand Elite - 2 Months Wait For Approval

Hi,I am an indian national , I recently decided to apply for 5 year easy access membership, because I am trying to stay here with my girlfriend for some time without worrying or going out of the country again and again  , so I applied with my details on thailandelite.com about 8 days ago but after not receiving the approval in 8 days (and I read here that for most it only takes 5 days) , I messaged thailandelite and I was given response like this "Please be informed that the conditions have just changed and that Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand has requested us to run more thorough national security and background check of every applicant of Thailand Elite. Thus, the process now takes at least two months to get the approval before proceeding to the payment process."  , has anyone else had issue like this? I actually had 6 months visa which is about to expire this month , I was under the impression that the whole process only takes 3 weeks from reading the reviews about the process , thus I applied now instead of before , I don't know what I can do to speed up the process or if its now required to wait for 2 months , which sounds like a very long time, any help or view regarding this issue will be appreciated, Thanks.

Their website still states 5 days for the approval.

I suggest you contact them about it to get a better explanation as to why it will take so long for you. I suspect it may be due to your nationality.

Since you mentioned 6 months validity of your visa I assume it is a multiple entry tourist visa. You could leave and re-enter on or before the date it expires to get a new 60 day entry.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Their website still states 5 days for the approval.

I suggest you contact them about it to get a better explanation as to why it will take so long for you. I suspect it may be due to your nationality.

Since you mentioned 6 months validity of your visa I assume it is a multiple entry tourist visa. You could leave and re-enter on or before the date it expires to get a new 60 day entry.

Yeah I am planning to go to their bangkok office on monday , and yeah its multiple entry tourist visa but its my last stamp for this visa which expires this month end, I just wish they mentioned on the website that it takes 2 months for some nationalities,I would have applied earlier!

4 minutes ago, thaitero said:

Your nationality is considered more hire high risk than some other.

Nothing can be done by you to speed the process

Yeah I guess but in the reply I got they said its new regulation and it takes now 2 months for "every" thailand elite applicant to get approval. 

Edited by DrAwesomee

On 9/8/2018 at 3:10 PM, DrAwesomee said:

Yeah I am planning to go to their bangkok office on monday , and yeah its multiple entry tourist visa but its my last stamp for this visa which expires this month end, I just wish they mentioned on the website that it takes 2 months for some nationalities,I would have applied earlier!

Good luck with that. I have an Elite Visa and anytime I ask for any info or help, I just get the usual runaround. I have given up on on expecting anything helpful or useful from them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

If that is the case then you had better demand that they update their web site immediately to reflect the new regulations.

Otherwise they may be subject to investigation by the consumer protection bureau for misleading advertising. Maybe even charged under the computer law for disseminating false information.

Only Kidding (TIT)

Only kidding......?

No, I agree, the OP should visit their office and demand they update their website immediately and in the circumstances he should demand special consideration, demand they process his application instantly and give an official answer within 30 minutes. Otherwise he will speak with god.

on the spot and 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Only kidding......?

No, I agree, the OP should visit their office and demand they update their website immediately and in the circumstances he should demand special consideration, demand they process his application instantly and give an official answer within 30 minutes. Otherwise he will speak with god.

on the spot and 

man trolls everywhere lol , needed some reasonable advise cause I bought a lot of shit in last 6 months in my rented condo , dunno how to sell or move 65" OLED and other stuff fast now, I had this planned and thought I will just get the thai elite near the end of my multiple entry visa!! now because of 2 months delay have to figure some shit out fast! 

On 9/8/2018 at 2:11 PM, DrAwesomee said:

Yeah I guess but in the reply I got they said its new regulation and it takes now 2 months for "every" thailand elite applicant to get approval. 

when i got it more than 2 <removed> coups ago they had a one month wait on international security/police checking before they issued the first visa/membership

maybe its a nationality thing or maybe they are going back to a similar but longer check for new visa/memberships

Edited by ubonjoe
inflammatory comment removed

I did sent my application 15 august and received approval letter 27 august. just 2 days more then the stated 5 working days. 

Payment made 29 august, and proof of payment sendet at 30 august, received confirmation of payment 30 august with announcement that it takes 5 to 7 working days to finalize the application.
Received my welcome letter 7 september.

If i had payed the 27th, then it would have been 13 working days... 

I used the salesperson option so i had direct contact and did not loose time with online application.

There is a very straight forward application procedure and well explained even before you make the application.

The proclaimed time between receiving a full application and the welcome letter is stated somewhere to be average 20 working ( business ) days

That is average a full month. if there are no hickups in incomplete applications or more documents needed.

Also important is the method of payment. Only if they have the full amount confirmed in their account, thats valid.

Some copy paste from the first e-mail received, with additional requirements and information

"

Required Documents (Soft copy via email is acceptable):

- Passport copy *.Jpeg file only*

- Color ID photo *.Jpeg file only* 

- Completed Application Form (6 pages) *Properly scanned copy, with handwritten signature**Please see the attachment*

Please submit the documents along with answers to the following questions.

-          Do you have more than 3 blank pages in your current passport?

-          What type of Thai visa are you currently holding? And when is the expiry date?

-          How many times have you overstayed in the past 3 years?

Please also be sure to study the Application Requirement and Information as attached for all info on the application procedure.

*Important Notice* Please read thoroughly;

·         Elite Visa is categorized under Tourist Visa which does not allow the holder to legally apply work permit to work in Thailand.

·         Non-Immigrant Visa must be cancelled before Elite Visa is validated. Members have to take responsibility for the cancellation of Non-Immigrant Visa on their own, and then apply the 7-day stay extension in order to validate Elite Visa.

·         Despite the Approval Letter that has been received in the initial stage of the application procedure, Member who has record of any type of over staying more than once will be rejected at the immigration when affixing the Elite Visa stamp later. 

·         Only members holding Tourist Visa, Visa on Arrival or on 30-Day Exempted Tourist Visa are eligible to validate Elite Visa.

·         All required documents need to be submitted via e-mail, or by visiting us at our office to start the application process.

·         Getting a stay extension, members will be charged THB 1,900 directly at the immigration when apply.

·          Thailand Elite Members are required to do 90-day report at the Immigration Office in case of continuously stay in the country without leaving for over 90 days.

·         According to the immigration regulation, if the length of your current passport is not up to 5-year period, we will issue Elite Visa accordance with the expiration date stated on the passport.

·         If your current passport or passport pages is nearly run out and you need to renew passport, please kindly send Member Contact Center (MCC) the 1st page of new passport in order for them to update your information and affix new Elite Visa for the remaining period. Furthermore, you should have at least 3 blank passport pages to affix Elite Visa.

·         For your information, Terms of visa shall be granted in accordance with the validity of membership.

·         Elite Visa validity length will be subject to the membership validity.

"

Application Requirement & Information (Edited) (2).pdf

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ratt Thai said:

Thailand Elite Members are required to do 90-day report at the Immigration Office in case of continuously stay in the country without leaving for over 90 days.

And I think that while  te visa is still valid for the 5 years or so, but you still have to pay like 1900 baht each year for an extension.

11 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

And I think that while  te visa is still valid for the 5 years or so, but you still have to pay like 1900 baht each year for an extension.

1 year visa, 90 days reports. can be extended for 1900 baht up to 5 years or if you got the 20 years option you get 4x 5 years visa

going out of country at any point will give you back one year on arrival

not 100% sure if its easy to get the one year at ANY land borders to be honest but it should be.

15 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Nope, only if you stay in the country, otherwise you get a entrystamp of 1 year each time you re enter the kingdom

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrAwesomee said:

man trolls everywhere lol , needed some reasonable advise cause I bought a lot of shit in last 6 months in my rented condo , dunno how to sell or move 65" OLED and other stuff fast now, I had this planned and thought I will just get the thai elite near the end of my multiple entry visa!! now because of 2 months delay have to figure some shit out fast! 

I guess you have learned never leave anything in Thailand to the last min.

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Getting an is extension is not required unless you want to stay in the country for more than a year without leaving. The visa  allows unlimited one year entries for a 5 years.

6 hours ago, Travelanimal said:

So if any one applies from home country and doesn’t have valid thai visa is he still eligible or should have VEE ,VOA or Tourist visa running ?

If you apply for the visa from outside of the country you can arrange to get the visa issued when arriving at some airports.

The only problem that can occur is if you are from a country that does not qualify for a visa exempt entry or a visa on arrival you would have to get a tourist or transit visa to board your flight to here.

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

10 hours ago, Ratt Thai said:

Despite the Approval Letter that has been received in the initial stage of the application procedure, Member who has record of any type of over staying more than once will be rejected at the immigration when affixing the Elite Visa stamp later. 

That is a better out-take of the requirements for me. Not sure what that means; ie, does it include 24/48 hour overstay or only long term overstays? And over what sort of time period? It only states 'more than once'.

If it goes back to where computer data was started, that will cull the field for applicants and also close the door to many thinking of going 'legit' through this type of visa I would imagine.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:11 PM, DrAwesomee said:

My myanmar girlfriend applied in late July and got approval within a week....

15 hours ago, Ratt Thai said:

I did sent my application 15 august and received approval letter 27 august. just 2 days more then the stated 5 working days. 

Payment made 29 august, and proof of payment sendet at 30 august, received confirmation of payment 30 august with announcement that it takes 5 to 7 working days to finalize the application.
Received my welcome letter 7 september.

If i had payed the 27th, then it would have been 13 working days... 

I used the salesperson option so i had direct contact and did not loose time with online application.

There is a very straight forward application procedure and well explained even before you make the application.

The proclaimed time between receiving a full application and the welcome letter is stated somewhere to be average 20 working ( business ) days

That is average a full month. if there are no hickups in incomplete applications or more documents needed.

Also important is the method of payment. Only if they have the full amount confirmed in their account, thats valid.

Some copy paste from the first e-mail received, with additional requirements and information

"

Required Documents (Soft copy via email is acceptable):

- Passport copy *.Jpeg file only*

- Color ID photo *.Jpeg file only* 

- Completed Application Form (6 pages) *Properly scanned copy, with handwritten signature**Please see the attachment*

Please submit the documents along with answers to the following questions.

-          Do you have more than 3 blank pages in your current passport?

-          What type of Thai visa are you currently holding? And when is the expiry date?

-          How many times have you overstayed in the past 3 years?

Please also be sure to study the Application Requirement and Information as attached for all info on the application procedure.

*Important Notice* Please read thoroughly;

·         Elite Visa is categorized under Tourist Visa which does not allow the holder to legally apply work permit to work in Thailand.

·         Non-Immigrant Visa must be cancelled before Elite Visa is validated. Members have to take responsibility for the cancellation of Non-Immigrant Visa on their own, and then apply the 7-day stay extension in order to validate Elite Visa.

·         Despite the Approval Letter that has been received in the initial stage of the application procedure, Member who has record of any type of over staying more than once will be rejected at the immigration when affixing the Elite Visa stamp later. 

·         Only members holding Tourist Visa, Visa on Arrival or on 30-Day Exempted Tourist Visa are eligible to validate Elite Visa.

·         All required documents need to be submitted via e-mail, or by visiting us at our office to start the application process.

·         Getting a stay extension, members will be charged THB 1,900 directly at the immigration when apply.

·          Thailand Elite Members are required to do 90-day report at the Immigration Office in case of continuously stay in the country without leaving for over 90 days.

·         According to the immigration regulation, if the length of your current passport is not up to 5-year period, we will issue Elite Visa accordance with the expiration date stated on the passport.

·         If your current passport or passport pages is nearly run out and you need to renew passport, please kindly send Member Contact Center (MCC) the 1st page of new passport in order for them to update your information and affix new Elite Visa for the remaining period. Furthermore, you should have at least 3 blank passport pages to affix Elite Visa.

·         For your information, Terms of visa shall be granted in accordance with the validity of membership.

·         Elite Visa validity length will be subject to the membership validity.

"

Application Requirement & Information (Edited) (2).pdf

Yeah I am regretting now applying directly through the website , I was also thinking it would have been faster if applied through some agent or something , maybe they have direct link and can speed up the process, can't do anything now as application is already under process ? !!