Is Thai bottled water safer than tap water

CanuckThai

we are not comparing water with vegetables.

Its better to drink water with more minerals than water without any.
You don't get it do you. How is it better to drink water with minerals than without if an average diet gives you a hundred times more minerals than water. How will drinking a bit more water be a bit more better?

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

So no one knows where to get water tested?  Seems if the hospital can test my blood for everything they'd be able to test water?

I wish.  I've asked (my water is supplied by the local hospital water plant), and the response was a bit disconcerting, considering their water comes from the same source as mine  They said a water sample is shipped to a local university, and it takes 4-5 weeks for results (I confirmed....weeks or days??).  I gave a smile, and nodded.   

Edited by CanuckThai

On 9/9/2018 at 5:39 AM, lopburi3 said:

In tests many are not - they seldom are maintained properly; if at all.

I was gonna post about these machines as I filled up my jugs and my tummy has been a bit dodgy

I like the price of filling my jugs from these but as you mentioned I wondered if they are maintained and safe

So today Im back with the tesco jug of water as something is going on in my tummy

Popped some charcoal tabs...few bananas helped.....and even desperate to chug those YAKULT milk things....

On 9/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, Lacessit said:

The best and cheapest way to get water you can be confident with, is to buy water from the roadside machines. Then boil it. I've been doing that for 8 years with no problems.

But you BOIL It???? never drink it right from source???  Ive been using roadside ones to but NOT boiling it

Troubleshooting some tummy troubles.....ugh

As another poster said it is the systems after cross connections are easy to cause a perfectly clean system to be come contaninated by a diety system. This can happen in the most advanced countries as well as the least advanced. People are basicly lazy and careless world wide, taking short cuts to save a few dollars. I use to repair backflow preventers and work on the systems they were suppose to protect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trd said:
4 hours ago, ed strong said:

You don't get it do you. How is it better to drink water with minerals than without if an average diet gives you a hundred times more minerals than water. How will drinking a bit more water be a bit more better?

There is no gurantee that the soil your veges are grown in have all those minerals, you are hoping is in your food. How well do you absorb the minerals from these foods if they are there. Lots of reasons to get your stuff from a lot of different foods and drinks

• Like 1

We drink mineral water for the health benefits over RO water. RO water leaching is an issue and the cost difference is minimal so it's a no brainer. Never drank the tap water in Thailand though if safe I'd personally choose it over the RO as it has not been stripped of all mineral and nutritional content. 

On 9/9/2018 at 11:49 AM, lopburi3 said:

Actually Bangkok tap water has met international drinking water standards for decades and they openly provide real time test results online.  So do not agree bottled water is the only safe option.  At the current costs of RO filtering even most suspect water can be safely used with home filter systems.

http://twqonline.mwa.co.th/EN/map.php?type=

We recently had our water (tap and filtered) checked for safety. The tap was barely drinkable, the RO filtered was purer than bought Singh drinking water.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, inThailand said:

The only water I really trust is direct from our own water well or rain water. Can you really trust any 3rd party water in LOS? 

Have you had the well tested? Ground water can become contaminated as well as run off rainwater from the roof.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 4:39 PM, lopburi3 said:

In tests many are not - they seldom are maintained properly; if at all.

The one on the corner of our soi has a bypass fitted.

The pipes bypass the filter system,  because it is stuffed. 

A new machine is sat along side waiting to be connected. 

Six months so far..

Surprisingly it's still there.

Maybe Christmas and it will be in use. Ho ho ho.

19 hours ago, trd said:
19 hours ago, ed strong said:

Ok lets take all the minerals out of mineral water because there's no point just eat a better diet!

Lol it seems some people will just argue for the sake of arguing.

I'm not debating whether its better to receive some minerals than none at all.

RO machines are so good at removing contaminants in water that they also remove the vast majority of the minerals in that water. So although you wont get any unpleasantness from it, its not offering many health benefits.

Any bottled water with 'Pure' or 'Smart' in it is to be avoided, as this will just be tap water, filtered / UV'd

Stick to a couple of bottles of bottled water.

However we should be worried about contaminants in water than more than likely you biggest worry would be the plastic bottle and how this effects the body.

BPA is banned in more and more plastic related products becomes it replicates the human hormone estrogen.

Now i wouldn't like to suggest it but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a link between the amount of Katoeys in relation to BPA type chemicals used in production plants  within Thailand!!??

Estrogen given to males will cause their scrotum to reduce in circumference.

Testosterone given to females will cause their clitoris to increase in length and girth.

I think it has to go with the amount of Soy drinks consumed, also

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Real recommendations would be helpful. We use

1. Mont Fleur 12 Bottles à 600 ml for THB 136.-- for drinking (Mineral Water)

2. Pure Life Nestle (NSF certified) 6 Liter bottle for THB 43.-- for cooking

Anything wrong with this  ? - it was a random selection. The Mont Fleur seems a bit expensive for my taste (although we are talking about small differences they add up during a lifetime). An alternative would be Doi Kam (no mineral water) at 83 THB for 12 Bottles à 600ml, but for me it tastes terrible.

I've found nematodes in tap water many times and algae in the very large bottles ( 15 litre ? ) that stand on a dispenser.

I have my own 5 litre bottles and have a very reliable source for filtered water, 1 baht per litre, delivered.

I never use machines and would never buy large bottles, have seen enough evidence of people getting very ill after drinking from the large bottles.

Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids, Your body is made out of around 60% water, The elements of these organic liquids incorporate assimilation, retention, dissemination, making of spit, transportation of supplements, and support of body temperature...

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 12:23 PM, Jason1122 said:

Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids, Your body is made out of around 60% water, The elements of these organic liquids incorporate assimilation, retention, dissemination, making of spit, transportation of supplements, and support of body temperature...

http://foundationhorseman.com.au/

Edited by Jason1122

Tap water's pretty safe to drink at 2 A.M when you're wasted & thirsty as hell.

Just buy mineral water, i always drink "Mon fleur", std bottled water treated by osmosis have no minerals.

Really you shouldn't be cheap about water, it's important, forget the 1 THB water killing dispenser machines.

Edited by Pepper9187