Two Afghans detained on suspicion of killing man in east Germany - police

webfact

Two Afghans detained on suspicion of killing man in east Germany - police

2018-09-09T192040Z_1_LYNXNPEE880PB_RTROPTP_4_GERMANY-MIGRANTS.JPG

People attending a right wing protest hold a black flag as they stand in silence beside flowers at a playground in Koethen, Germany, September 9, 2018, after a 22-year-old German man died overnight in the eastern town of Koethen and two Afghans have been detained on suspicion of killing him. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke

KOETHEN, Germany (Reuters) - A 22-year-old German man died overnight in the eastern town of Koethen and two Afghans have been detained on suspicion of killing him, the police and the public prosecutor's office said on Sunday.

The police and the public prosecutor's office said in a short statement: "Two Afghans were provisionally detained on suspicion of homicide ... The reasons for, and concrete circumstances of, the incident are not yet known."

News of the death followed the killing of another German man in the city of Chemnitz, southeast of Koethen, for which two asylum seekers - a Syrian and an Iraqi - were arrested.

The most violent right-wing protests in decades followed the Aug. 26 killing in Chemnitz. At dusk in Koethen, both far-right and left-wing protesters began assembling to demonstrate.

The state premier of Saxony-Anhalt, home to Koethen, said protests there must not turn out like those in Chemnitz.

"Despite all the emotional, every attempt to turn Koethen, as is being said on the internet, into a second Chemnitz, must be rejected," the Mitteldeutsche Zeitung newspaper quoted state premier Reiner Haseloff as saying.

In its online edition, the paper identified the man who died in Koethen as Markus B. and said he died of acute heart failure.

Germany is deeply divided over Chancellor Angela Merkel's 2015 decision to allow in over a million migrants, many of them refugees from wars in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

A row over the veracity of reports that supporters of the far right hounded migrants in Chemnitz has inflamed tensions over immigration in Merkel's 'grand coalition' only two months after she reached a truce with her Bavarian sister party on the same issue.

Interior Minister Horst Seehofer, of the Bavarian Christian Social Union (CSU), on Wednesday said: "Migration is the mother of all problems."

(Reporting by Thorsten Severin and Reuters TV; Writing by Paul Carrel; Editing by Raissa Kasolowsky and Louise Heavens)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-09-10

7 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Right wing protest, how about your average German citizen fed up with a failed govt policy. Try that same policy that Merkel has installed in Germany inside Thailand what would happen!

What action would you suggest?

I spotted this clip the other day.. really upsetting to see these refugees/asylum seekers turning on their hosts like this. Not sure what the answer is but something needs doing. This sort of behaviour cannot be tolerated 

Germany is NOT deeply divided over Angela Merckels immigration policy!

This is, what "the right" wants to believe!

The vast majority is pro- immigration policy, though details may be discussed in a rational discourse!

I am so @#$%^& sick of these fact- free and touchy/feely- discussion!

The crime rate in Germany is at an all-time low, the part of foreigners (Auslaender) in East- Germany is around the 4%- mark (and I am generous here!)...but Rico and Mendy in Leipzig totally freak out, when they see two brown faces!

And everybody has heard of a foreigner, raping girls and women left and right and everybody has the "feeling", there are more rapes...

No one give a hot $4!t for "feelings"- facts are still facts!

Rape doesn't exist since 2015 and it is not a domain by of immigrants and asylum-seekers or Muslims!

And by the way: Saxony has 3,8% foreigners!

FOREIGNERS!

Not Immigrants or refugees!

That includes Paolo with his Pizzeria and Nguyen with the Vietnamese restaurant!

That includes Jonathan from Ghana, who studies at the university of Dresden as well as Emine and Yussuf, who's parents came from Turkey, 4 generations ago and who all pay taxes and obey the laws of the Federal Republic!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

I am so @#$%^& sick of these fact- free and touchy/feely- discussion!

When did neo-nazis and fascists ever care about facts or truth? Their tools are lies, manipulation, and suppressing those that tell the truth (including the free press). 

14 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

at this rate there wont be any Germans left soon.. only migrants 

Mind to share your calculations and the underlying “rate”? Or just spreading fact-less bullshxx again?

19 hours ago, foxboy said:

Not sure what the answer is but something needs doing. This sort of behaviour cannot be tolerated

If I’m not mistaken, there already exist laws stating that such behavior is not tolerated. 

Maybe you should update your knowledge about Germany. It seems you don’t really know what you’re talking about. 

• Like 2

The laws exist and yet it still happens.. so tell me how that is an effective solution?

45 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:
19 hours ago, foxboy said:

Not sure what the answer is but something needs doing. This sort of behaviour cannot be tolerated

If I’m not mistaken, there already exist laws stating that such behavior is not tolerated. 

Maybe you should update your knowledge about Germany. It seems you don’t really know what you’re talking about. 

1 hour ago, foxboy said:

The laws exist and yet it still happens..

Isn’t that the same in every country, with every, and regardless of the offender? Tell me one country or crime where that isn’t the case. 

1 hour ago, foxboy said:

so tell me how that is an effective solution?

It is effective. Germany generally is a very safe country, and the crime rates are low. 

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Isn’t that the same in every country, with every, and regardless of the offender? Tell me one country or crime where that isn’t the case. 

It is effective. Germany generally is a very safe country, and the crime rates are low. 

You sound like you are ok with angry young refugees smashing bottles in the faces of random Germans, because by your logic 'crimes happen in every country'. He said "this is for Afghanistan" which means his crime was essentially an act of terrorism. You may be ok with that, but I am definitely not.

I'm still at a loss as to why nearly everyone presenting themselves as a 'refugee' is allowed into any Western country before a FULL screening as to their claim?

Surely they shouldn't be allowed into the country until they are able to prove that they are genuine refugees?

Bit odd that:-

"Despite all the emotional, every attempt to turn Koethen, as is being said on the internet, into a second Chemnitz, must be rejected," the Mitteldeutsche Zeitung newspaper quoted state premier Reiner Haseloff as saying.In its online edition, the paper identified the man who died in Koethen as Markus B. and said he died of acute heart failure."

When two afghans have been detained on suspicion of killing him.....

36 minutes ago, foxboy said:

You sound like you are ok with angry young refugees smashing bottles in the faces of random Germans

No, I don’t. 

because by your logic 'crimes happen in every country'.

No, I was responding to someone claiming that the fact that there are still crimes means that laws are ineffective. 

He said "this is for Afghanistan" which means his crime was essentially an act of terrorism.

Then every drunken German racist would be a terrorist, too. 

15 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm still at a loss as to why nearly everyone presenting themselves as a 'refugee' is allowed into any Western country before a FULL screening as to their claim?

Because (1) a full screening of everyone prior to entering is not possible, and (2) western countries, fortunately, stick to laws rather than listening to what the mob wants. 

Surely they shouldn't be allowed into the country until they are able to prove that they are genuine refugees?

Of course, that’s easy to say from your safe home in Thailand or wherever when you luckily never had to go through war or similar. 

Bit odd that:-

(...) the paper identified the man who died in Koethen as Markus B. and said he died of acute heart failure."

When two afghans have been detained on suspicion of killing him.....

What’s odd about it? The police was right to detain those involved in the fight, especially since a person is dead, and whatever turned out to be the reason for death. Do you really wanna say the police should not detain anyone until it is clear why the person dies?

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1