Tham Luang cave rescue film starts shooting in November

webfact

26 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Sensitively? You know that how? See? I, too, can play that game. 

By sensitively, do you mean careful censoring of anything bad or that could "tarnish the image and reputation of Thailand"? 

Because Tom Waller has expressed that in absolutely no way will he exploit anyone, rather he wants to show the volunteer spirit that was so incredible.  Having met him on several occasions and having worked with him in the past I am happy to take him at his word on that.  He is after all half Thai and was born here, so his film will not be sensationalist but will be treated with a sensitive hand.   I wouldn't have that same confidence  in an American production with their over bearing producers stomping around.

Pretty simple really.  So there you go, I have answered why I "know" it will be a sensitive film, now why don't you tell me why you "know" the children and families involved will get next to nothing from this?  I'm all ears.

Edited by josephbloggs

12 hours ago, Brunolem said:

A 44 pages only in kindle format book!

Not what I would call an in depth research!

While there was indeed a string of coincidences, I don't believe in conspiracies involving hundreds of people, from many different countries to boot...

Tell me, Brunoleum, where does it say anything about a conspiracy INVOLVING hundreds - or any number, for that matter - of people, from MANY different countries? How many people need to conspire to a conspiracy? . . . Only 2, more often than not. And people from Thailand, England, USA and Australia . . . not 'many', I would say, unless, like you evidently, you've set out on a skeptical approach. Many posters have messaged me to thank me for the recommend, so no regrets . . . apart from you, of course. Get happy, B and, like I've told you a million times, there's no need to exaggerate to try to put a point across.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Tell me, Brunoleum, where does it say anything about a conspiracy INVOLVING hundreds - or any number, for that matter - of people, from MANY different countries? How many people need to conspire to a conspiracy? . . . Only 2, more often than not. And people from Thailand, England, USA and Australia . . . not 'many', I would say, unless, like you evidently, you've set out on a skeptical approach. Many posters have messaged me to thank me for the recommend, so no regrets . . . apart from you, of course. Get happy, B and, like I've told you a million times, there's no need to exaggerate to try to put a point across.

Many posters???

I have seen only one post above referring to your conspiracy book, and it is not a positive comment!

Meanwhile, it is generally those who advocate for a conspiracy who are considered skeptical, and not those who support the official version of the events.

I believe in conspiracies, under certain circumstances, but this one is a bit too farfetched for me...

12 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

So there you go, I have answered why I "know" it will be a sensitive film, now why don't you tell me why you "know" the children and families involved will get next to nothing from this?  I'm all ears.

Considering that it is a Thai movie, it will likely be made on a small budget, at least compared with the 100 to 200 million dollars Hollywood usually spend on its major productions.

On top of that, good or not, this movie will rake little money at the box office because, being Thai, it will have no international appeal.

Since the share, if any, going to the families will be proportional to the budget and/or the box office receipts, it will obviously far smaller than it could have been if the movie had been an international production.

3 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Many posters???

I have seen only one post above referring to your conspiracy book, and it is not a positive comment!

Meanwhile, it is generally those who advocate for a conspiracy who are considered skeptical, and not those who support the official version of the events.

I believe in conspiracies, under certain circumstances, but this one is a bit too farfetched for me...

Gee, B, I think there must be some whippet in you . . . never letting go, once you've got your teeth into sommat. I'm intrigued by your take on skepticism, insofar as you think it should only apply to one side of an issue - the pro-conspiracy, in this case. Are you telling me you're not skeptical about my suspicions that it was set in motion by a conspiracy? Of course you are, just like the writer was skeptical about the way things happened, when they happened, i.e. when Prayuth was getting a bad press from his May and Macron meetings, and at the sickening way that he attempted to milk it for every last drop of image-boost. It was all of his doing from day 1. Do you think the Australian anesthetist - a top medical professional - would have been party to the way in which the cavers were drugged and stretchered out, were he not under pressure from the junta to bring a quick ending to the affair which, at that stage, was starting to overrun? In the US or UK or most other civilised countries, that would have amounted to common assault. Why do you think those screens went up and there was a media blackout, whilst the kids and coach were rushed to hospital, whilst they returned to full consciousness? There was skepticism, i.e. doubting something, on both sides, yes?

In fairness, I'm skeptical about your even-handedness, B. Now, go get that ferret.

Edited by Ossy
omisson

16 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Indeed they are.  It was still a pretty despicable and insensitive way to behave though - I am sure Jesus wouldn't have approved.

If Thai he would have been leading the pack... 

• Confused 1

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, Ossy said:

If Waller has any sense, he'll speak to Mr Downey, the guy who wrote 'The Thailand Cave Rescue Conspiracy' that I recommended last week and uncovered the conspiracy behind the Tham Luang extravaganza. That would, at least, add a bit of meat to what looks like being just a sad retelling of what happened up there. Methinks that one of the conditions applied to Waller will be for Prayuth to play the part of the anesthetist, Prawit to play Narongsak and Wissanu/Somkid to enact the Vern/Musk spat … yeh, now we have the makings of a comedy, at least.

Don't think I would bother with the  -- 'The Thailand Cave Rescue Conspiracy'  -- the following is certainly more interesting - just realised by the Australian Federal Police who played a major role in the rescue.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/afp-divers-reveal-harrowing-new-details-of-thai-cave-rescue/ar-BBNaDbU?ocid=spartandhp

Edited by Artisi
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Don't think I would bother with the  -- 'The Thailand Cave Rescue Conspiracy'  -- the following is certainly more interesting - just realised by the Australian Federal Police who played a major role in the rescue.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/afp-divers-reveal-harrowing-new-details-of-thai-cave-rescue/ar-BBNaDbU?ocid=spartandhp

Thanks for that, Artisi. An interesting extra light on the mission.

12 hours ago, Artisi said:

Further to my 'thank-you', earlier, and having read this AFP-based account of the rescue, it raises two questions that make me all the more convinced that my conspiracy suspicions were and still are justified. First, why was there NO MENTION, either in TVF, Reuters, the BP or all the other world news media, covering the rescue live, of the input from this large Aussie contingent? It's as if they've just appeared, from nowhere and nearly 2mths after the rescue was completed. And second, the clarity and accuracy of the report are both extremely poor, with wrong terminology and inaccurate - usually exaggerated - numbers frequently used. You'd have thought that an entity, as well-established as the AFP, would have, (A), got the report out immediately upon the men's return, and (B), ensured that the report was factually and numerically accurate. All that it appears intent on doing is to big-up the, until now, AFP's little known contribution to the mission.

Thanks, Artisi, but give me the cave conspiracy read, anytime.

17 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Further to my 'thank-you', earlier, and having read this AFP-based account of the rescue, it raises two questions that make me all the more convinced that my conspiracy suspicions were and still are justified. First, why was there NO MENTION, either in TVF, Reuters, the BP or all the other world news media, covering the rescue live, of the input from this large Aussie contingent? It's as if they've just appeared, from nowhere and nearly 2mths after the rescue was completed. And second, the clarity and accuracy of the report are both extremely poor, with wrong terminology and inaccurate - usually exaggerated - numbers frequently used. You'd have thought that an entity, as well-established as the AFP, would have, (A), got the report out immediately upon the men's return, and (B), ensured that the report was factually and numerically accurate. All that it appears intent on doing is to big-up the, until now, AFP's little known contribution to the mission.

Bet you had a great day yesterday for 9/11, lots of signing, dancing and other joyous pursuits. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Will the alien spaceship hidden in the cave be shown in the movie?

Most probably...

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Bet you had a great day yesterday for 9/11, lots of signing, dancing and other joyous pursuits. 

Jeez, Artisi . . . what the hell did you have for breakfast and why the hell should I - a Brit - have special regard for 9/11, particularly since it has no bearing whatsoever on the cave film thread? . . . A strange post to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Will the alien spaceship hidden in the cave be shown in the movie?

Most probably...

Play-time's over, B . . . didn't you hear the whistle? Keep your eyes peeled, though . . . there might be something else to try to spoil.

Sorry for slow reply, S. Just go to the Amazon shop window and enter 'caving conspiracy' and you'll spot the Matt Downey book. Click on that and there's a description that more than gives a clue as to what went on . . . OK?

Nothing in the description that reveals any of the conspiracy. Sorry, don’t waste your time or $2.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

55 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Jeez, Artisi . . . what the hell did you have for breakfast and why the hell should I - a Brit - have special regard for 9/11, particularly since it has no bearing whatsoever on the cave film thread? . . . A strange post to say the least.

Thought you were into conspiracies, or am I mistaken? 

1 hour ago, tominbkk said:

Nothing in the description that reveals any of the conspiracy. Sorry, don’t waste your time or $2.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Tominbkk . . . good afternoon. What seems to be the trouble? I did say 'clue', as opposed to revelation but thanks for the sadly clueless post, anyway. Judging from your negativity, I can only assume you didn't stump-up the $2.99 but, if you're one of those that expects to have the story revealed, before reading the book, you're probably spending too much time on your iPhone. Next please . . .