Dishonest hotel maid tells Pattaya police she thought $200 was her tip

webfact

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

A dishonest Pattaya hotel maid gave the excuse that she thought the money a Russian tourist left out in his Jomtien beach hotel room was a tip intended for her.

left out I am assuming means out in the open either desk or the bed 

That's a rather significant assumption. Unless the Russian said he left it on the desktop or bedside table: ie. out in the open. I have my doubts that was the case. No proof, however, but I have my doubts. I've done a ton of traveling and stayed in too many hotels to count and have no memory of ever doing anything like that. I have left money out in the open as a tip for the maids regularly, but it's an expected amount ($1 - $2) and left it on the pillow. Leaving $200 lying around? I doubt it.

13 minutes ago, Cereal said:

That's a rather significant assumption. Unless the Russian said he left it on the desktop or bedside table: ie. out in the open. I have my doubts that was the case. No proof, however, but I have my doubts. I've done a ton of traveling and stayed in too many hotels to count and have no memory of ever doing anything like that. I have left money out in the open as a tip for the maids regularly, but it's an expected amount ($1 - $2) and left it on the pillow. Leaving $200 lying around? I doubt it.

What does left out mean for you?

$200 sounds big but not so big if someone fancied her or it’s a tip for 20-30 day stay

i do not know where he left money, only going but what is written and left out to me means out in the open .

an 18 year old may well believe it was a tip 

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

What does left out mean for you?

$200 sounds big but not so big if someone fancied her or it’s a tip for 20-30 day stay

i do not know where he left money, only going but what is written and left out to me means out in the open .

an 18 year old may well believe it was a tip 

Who said left out? The maid? The Russian? The cops? The article? Is it a mistranslation? Enquiring minds want to know.

Regarding any of the above, what does left out mean to them? Who stays at a Pattaya guesthouse for 20-30 days? Even then that would be a very sizable tip. 20 days = $10 day. Do you leave that big a tip for a hotel maid? 30 days = $7.50 day. Do you leave that big a tip for a hotel maid? In Pattaya?

There is information that needs to be clarified here. Not unlike virtually every story written anywhere.

27 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Who said left out? The maid? The Russian? The cops? The article? Is it a mistranslation? Enquiring minds want to know.

Regarding any of the above, what does left out mean to them? Who stays at a Pattaya guesthouse for 20-30 days? Even then that would be a very sizable tip. 20 days = $10 day. Do you leave that big a tip for a hotel maid? 30 days = $7.50 day. Do you leave that big a tip for a hotel maid? In Pattaya?

There is information that needs to be clarified here. Not unlike virtually every story written anywhere.

Article said left out, who stays for 20-30 days?????

who leaves more than 20 baht per day?????

I bet you would have a heart attack knowing many tip 100 per day and just as many tip 100 for the entire month.

my staff more than occasionally get 1000 for 5 day stay and it’s 1000 each, 4 staff.

Edited by BestB
  • Like 2

On 9/12/2018 at 10:45 AM, wotsdermatter said:

The report comments that she "...was taken to the exchange booth" but fails to mention who took her.  It would be interesting to know who did.

'nuf sed

She went there herself, but was later taken back by the police...

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 10:36 AM, Cereal said:

$1 -$2 You're a TIGHT Wad Ain't Yer ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 6:18 PM, Kim J said:

Rather than turning to crime, if she wanted a quick influx of easy cash this tart would have been better considering a career in some beer bar.

If she agreed to have some fun, he would probably have given her the $200....????