Registering at immigration the day after arriving in Thailand?

soistalker

22 hours ago, rumak said:

Living in Bkk is not for me........But one good thing for you is that in CM you would be fined every time you did your 90 day or almost anything else if you did not have a tm30.....and went in to report EVERY time you left country and returned.   First TM30 is  supposed to be landlords responsibility,  but tenant in CM is the one fined if not done.

Don't shoot the messenger....just telling you how it is in CM.    So,  good bkk is not doing that (yet?)

Feel bad for those of you dealing with CM immigration. When I was living in Phuket they also required TM30 for annual extension but that was the only difference between them and bkk 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kim J said:

Indeed there is no consistency at all.

Once at Pattaya I re registered following a week in Singapore. We filled in the forms, provided all the supporting documents and got a new paper from them. A few weeks later, same situation, same circumstances and same immigration officer, told us we didn't need to do it again.

The only reasoning I could make from it at the time was that her office was particularly busy on that day and maybe she couldn't be bothered.

Yes it’s frustrating but you did the right thing by going the second time. As sure as eggs are eggs if you didn’t go, some time in the future it would bite you on the bottom. 

I always work on the peace of mind approach. I don’t want any unforeseen problems down the road of my own accord because I could t be bothered to do as asked, OTT or not. 

13 hours ago, Kadilo said:

All the got to do is check your passport when you apply for an extension. When you arrived , when you leave etc. I come and go all the time so would be an easy target. 

As I say each to their own bit personally I just do what they ask. 

Thank you. I do understand exit and entry stamps in passports but I am not asking about that.  I am referting to the ludicrous suggestion that people have to report to IO within 24 hours if they visit anothet city or village. How would IO know if you had stayed in a resort or small mom and pop  hotel where passports are not checked? If someone travelled 3 times a week they would have to visit the IO three times? I find that difficult to believe!

1 minute ago, The manic said:

Thank you. I do understand exit and entry stamps in passports but I am not asking about that.  I am referting to the ludicrous suggestion that people have to report to IO within 24 hours if they visit anothet city or village. How would IO know if you had stayed in a resort or small mom and pop  hotel where passports are not checked? If someone travelled 3 times a week they would have to visit the IO three times? I find that difficult to believe!

Fair point I guess the answer is they wouldn’t. If you applied what they told me to the letter it is ludicrous but that’s what they ask you to do at this office. Clearly.not very well thought out and inconsistent as many have said.