Fiberglass tub and shower unit

DustinHeath

Does anyone know where I can find a fiberglass tub and shower unit. In the USA they are usually 1 piece for new construction because it will not fit through a standard doorway. They are also sold as a 3 piece unit that can fit through existing doorways. I have found fiberglass tubs but I want three fiberglass walls as well. I’m trying to avoid the possibility of leaking upstairs and I don’t like the normal cleaning problems with tile. Thanks 

I hadn't realized fiberglass was still used. In the UK the fiberglass was extinct in the 70s to make way for acrylic which is what the majority are today. Of course there are resin trays for those with money to burn!

Not seen any here as they are mainly imported but you never know, Thailand is still 30 years behind in many aspects.

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

I hadn't realized fiberglass was still used. In the UK the fiberglass was extinct in the 70s to make way for acrylic which is what the majority are today. Of course there are resin trays for those with money to burn!

Fiberglass is used to reinforce after moulding.

Edited by maxpower
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, maxpower said:

Fiberglass is used to reinforce after moulding.

Thats a great movie, thanks for sharing.

Yes I appreciate the baths are sprayed with fibreglass. My post was really referring to shower trays which are reinfotced with moulder foams.

Sold Roca sanitaryware extensively in property developments over the years. Excellent quality gear and often great prices. They sell it here aswell.

• Like 1