20ft container from the uk/Ireland

Damian Murray

Some advice please, my Thai partner and I are planning on building a house in udon thani next year and we were looking at shipping a 20ft container from Ireland to Bangkok with the likes of western style kitchen and any other items that we can find cheaper, question 1, do you think it is worth while? And number 2, if it is worth while would anyone else be interested in using my container to ship some goods for themselves for a small fee? I also believe there is not much of a difference in price between a 20ft and a 40ft container so if enough people were interested in using my container I'd probably go for the latter and ship a 40ft, so tell me guys, am I just day dreaming or would I save money? Thank you. 

My partner who is from udon thani, has priced just a few items from the likes of global house and compared to irish/uk prices some items work out more expensive, I was just thinking if a few people wanted take advantage of my container and source items cheaper in Ireland or uk I'd be more than happy to let them ship with my items.

11 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Sorry forgot that is a 20 foot.

40 foot 1670 pounds

That cost is about right for the sea freight CIF Bangkok.  It does not include arrival port costs in Bangkok, Customs inspection and duties, broker's fee, 7% Vat, and internal shipping , trucking, to your location here.  I use an international broker to shipp containers from the US.  They have offices in the UK and can arrange/coordinate everything from dropping and pulling the container at the UK location to delivery to your address here.  Send me a PM and I will send you the details if you are interested.

Problem arises if the appliances are “dead on arrival” or have an issue later on and need parts or whatnot.

I would think bedding and furniture would be okay.

You might look at the commercial kitchen suppliers if you’re wanting a big oven, these are pretty reasonable.

• Thanks 1