US ambassador sees positive political development in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, connda said:

Translated: Keep up the illusion of democracy, stay on our 'good side', and you won't be targeted for 'regime change' regardless of how many watches your dead friend gives you or how abysmal your UN human rights score is. 

US foreign policy 101: "He may be an SOB, but he's our SOB."  - Franklin Roosevelt 

So you are in favor of bombing Bangkok back to the Stone age because this government is terrible? The US is criticized if it does something or if it does nothing. Please pick a side. You can't have it both ways. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jayboy said:

He started out rather impressively and then over time became cowed by the very negative reactions of the usual suspects to any reference to liberty and human rights.His predecessor was braver, the excellent Kristie Kenney - also abused for her encouragement of progress towards democracy.The weird thug MIchael Yon had a particularly vicious campaign against her.Sadly Glyn Davis finishes up with this embarrassing nonsense about "positive political developments".Does he not understand that "senate selection" spits in the face of all the values the USA is supposed to stand for? But he's a decent enough guy and in the Age of Trump, the US couldn't care less about promoting civilized values.

Yessum, Bwana.

23 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Maybe, just maybe, he didn't give them back after all.

Of course he did, he said so! Now, if he borrows some new ones from someone else, that has nothing to do with the fake accusations concerning the 25 watches, since the good man already returned them. Besides, they're already investigating the 25 watches despite the whole thing being an elaborate ruse made up by some bad people. What else do you want? Do you want to stop the investigation? Do you want the bad people to run the country? 

Ok, I still need to practise my junta-speech, but anyway. Waiting for karma to slap this toad hard; his arrogance is rather vomit inducing. I guess he just cannot leave the house without his bling (oh sorry.. his friend's bling).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Grossman said:

Of course he did, he said so! Now, if he borrows some new ones from someone else, that has nothing to do with the fake accusations concerning the 25 watches, since the good man already returned them. Besides, they're already investigating the 25 watches despite the whole thing being an elaborate ruse made up by some bad people. What else do you want? Do you want to stop the investigation? Do you want the bad people to run the country? 

Ok, I still need to practise my junta-speech, but anyway. Waiting for karma to slap this toad hard; his arrogance is rather vomit inducing. I guess he just cannot leave the house without his bling (oh sorry.. his friend's bling).

That's gross, man.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

Yes, all of you foreign policy and diplomatic experts are correct. The outgoing ambassador should flame the current regime and poison the well for the incoming ambassador. Excellent strategy. I now understand why so many on TV are experts in so many subjects. Please continue with your bloviating.

No, US should come in with guns blazing, nukes armed with Rambo in the front line and dethrone the usurpers ASAP. Where's the world police when you need them, huh?

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Is that a George Daniel Co-Axial Chronograph you are wearing?"

"No, it is fake watch. I get from woman during interrogation. She sell Republican tee shirts."

"Oh I see..."

Traitor! How did you get the actual transcript? Who leaked the minutes of the meeting again?

Edited by IgboChief

On 9/14/2018 at 11:11 AM, connda said:

Translated: Keep up the illusion of democracy, stay on our 'good side', and you won't be targeted for 'regime change' regardless of how many watches your dead friend gives you or how abysmal your UN human rights score is. 

US foreign policy 101: "He may be an SOB, but he's our SOB."  - Franklin Roosevelt 

But the Dark Over Lord said he returned the great prized collection to the friend. 

Did they dig up a grave