Current waiting time for U.K. visitor Visa for Thai partner

The processing time for a U.K. visitor visa for my Thai partner and her son was 46 days from the date of biometrics, whereas 3 years ago it was 7 days. I realise that the outsourcing to India will have some impact? I would be keen to know if anyone else has experienced such an increase, given that the service level is supposedly 15 days?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/15/2018 at 9:00 PM, Bachgencwm said:

The processing time for a U.K. visitor visa for my Thai partner and her son was 46 days

What exactly do you mean with "my Thai partner"? I am aware of the following types of partner, but there may be more.

1. Spouse
  2. Sexual partner of the opposite sex
  3. Sexual partner of the same sex
  4. Business partner
  5. Partner in crime

What exactly do you mean with "my Thai partner"? I am aware of the following types of partner, but there may be more.
  1. Spouse
  2. Sexual partner of the opposite sex
  3. Sexual partner of the same sex
  4. Business partner
  5. Partner in crime
The whole point of using the term "partner" is to avoid having to specify the type of relationship as this is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have just received a UK visit visa from Bangkok VFS using the standard service promising a 15 working day response.

The Visa was posted 3 weeks and 1 day after the biometrics (16th working day)

The visa arrived the next day, ie 3 weeks and 2 days after the biometrics (17th working day)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6 days, yes that's what it took for my gf to get her UK visit visa as I have just found out. VFS appointment on 8/2/19, sms received on 15/2/19, couriered to her house this morning. That's what you call efficient. 

And by the way, don't waste your money on the VIP fast track rubbish, we didn't bother last year, nor did we bother this year and look what happened. My best advice is just book the first available appointment in the morning when it's quiet at VFS.

6 days, yes that's what it took for my gf to get her UK visit visa as I have just found out. VFS appointment on 8/2/19, sms received on 15/2/19, couriered to her house this morning. That's what you call efficient. 

And by the way, don't waste your money on the VIP fast track rubbish, we didn't bother last year, nor did we bother this year and look what happened. My best advice is just book the first available appointment in the morning when it's quiet at VFS.
They offered us the express service last year, we declined, same yesterday.
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Same for us, my gf tells me VFS are very professional and helpful and can't do enough in BK. This time she also didn't have a telephone interview, we are playing by the rules and it seems to be working well for us.  Last years visit visa took 10 days, this year it was 6 days. Why would anybody be mad enough to pay for express....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived