Accuser of U.S. high-court nominee Kavanaugh goes public

webfact

5 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

So, lemme get this straight.

Sixteen years ago, in anticipation of a republican presidency that would appoint Kavanaugh for a SCOTUS post after a three years ago earlier unprecedented rejection of a Garland pick by Obama, this woman, with remarkable foresight, made the difficult decision to tell her husband and her therapist  of an earlier attempted rape of her in order to prepare for the opportunity to throw a spanner in the works for Kavanaugh with the added bonus of putting herself in the line of fire of every right wing nutjob and the relentless opprobrium of Fox, Breitbart, Drudge et all.

Godang, these Democrat women are presciently devious daredevils, aren’t they?

I wish, I could have also clicked the "laughing"- emojy, because that was funny!

So I just could "Thank you"!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

hoity toity, just like Catholic school girls..good fun times

here is her,class of 1984 book from the feminist camp

https://issuu.com/holtonarmsschool/docs/1984_scribe

Whoa whoa wee whoa Lone Ranger, taking a look at her makes me question Kavilicious' judgement if he did do it. Poor taste.

On the other hand, could it be a case of the ugly babe paying back the star QB for refusing her advances behind the bleachers? 

What a Soap Opera! And the best part will be if the Democrats are successful in dumping Kavanagh, who will the next nomineee be. Probably someone to the right of Attila the Hun. that's like the Democrats thinking they're going to catch a break if they dump Trump and get Pence 5555555

5 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Do you honestly think voters care about that fluff. No voter in their right mind would take a chance ruining the economy and increasing taxes by voting for Democrats.

I don't think voters consider attempted rape allegations to be "fluff."

Fox news lets Trump take credit for an economy which has been growing for the past 10 years. The 'Trump bump' comes from tax cuts which went mainly to the top 1%, temporarily goosed the stock market (creating an illusion of prosperity) and was financed by deficit borrowing. Deregulations which harm the environment and everyday American's health, providing short term gains while ignoring hidden long term costs, have also played a big role. This fiscal irresponsibility has also put safety net benefits like SS and medicare under an even darker cloud of uncertainty and unsustainability.

Low unemployment statistics right now are driven by record low labor participation rates (baby boomers retiring in droves) while average wages (reflecting mostly low wage job growth) remain fairly stagnant.

MAGA fanatics may be convinced that Trump is the savior of the American economy, but the average Joe on the street has seen very little economic benefit from his policies.

29 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

So, lemme get this straight.

Sixteen years ago, in anticipation of a republican presidency that would appoint Kavanaugh for a SCOTUS post after a three years ago earlier unprecedented rejection of a Garland pick by Obama, this woman, with remarkable foresight, made the difficult decision to tell her husband and her therapist  of an earlier attempted rape of her in order to prepare for the opportunity to throw a spanner in the works for Kavanaugh with the added bonus of putting herself in the line of fire of every right wing nutjob and the relentless opprobrium of Fox, Breitbart, Drudge et all.

Godang, these Democrat women are presciently devious daredevils, aren’t they?

No stranger than her paying for an ex-FBI employee to administer a polygraph test in July when she was going to remain anonymous. Now that snippet has come out with her identity to back up her story.

9 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Democrats getting desperate...if all else fails, then try this type of smear.

yep a week before the vote. Diane Feinstein held up this "civic duty" for two months.

dems are desperate and in panic. fisa docs about to be declassified

so this is great distraction.

yep a week before the vote. Diane Feinstein held up this "civic duty" for two months.
dems are desperate and in panic. fisa docs about to be declassified
so this is great distraction.
This has nothing to do with the fisa docs. You're the one distracting here.

The issue with the accuser is she wasn't willing to publicly testify before.

Now she is.

Let her testify.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

52 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I don't think voters consider attempted rape allegations to be "fluff."

Fox news lets Trump take credit for an economy which has been growing for the past 10 years. The 'Trump bump' comes from tax cuts which went mainly to the top 1%, temporarily goosed the stock market (creating an illusion of prosperity) and was financed by deficit borrowing. Deregulations which harm the environment and everyday American's health, providing short term gains while ignoring hidden long term costs, have also played a big role. This fiscal irresponsibility has also put safety net benefits like SS and medicare under an even darker cloud of uncertainty and unsustainability.

Low unemployment statistics right now are driven by record low labor participation rates (baby boomers retiring in droves) while average wages (reflecting mostly low wage job growth) remain fairly stagnant.

MAGA fanatics may be convinced that Trump is the savior of the American economy, but the average Joe on the street has seen very little economic benefit from his policies.

Wonderful Democratic talking points. 55555

41 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

No stranger than her paying for an ex-FBI employee to administer a polygraph test in July when she was going to remain anonymous. Now that snippet has come out with her identity to back up her story.

It is really quite hard to beat a polygraph test. She must’ve paid for and trained under expert supervision for months, if not years. What commitment! Hell hath no fury like a democrat woman out to get a man who *might* one day be proposed for a SCOTUS seat made possible by an unprecedented rejection of an Obama pick AND by an unexpected retirement of a sitting SCOTUS AND proposed by a man who *might* win a presidency against all odds.

My GOD, that’s devilish! How it is that democrat women don’t ALREADY rule the world?

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This has nothing to do with the fisa docs. You're the one distracting here.

The issue with the accuser is she wasn't willing to publicly testify before.

Now she is.

Let her testify.

no one stopped her for almost 40 years lol

it's also an obvious attempt to postpone confirmation hearings till after midterm elections which the dems hope to have a majority. so maybe fisa docs distraction is secondary benefit. you're correct.

it's also an obvious attempt to postpone confirmation hearings till after midterm elections which the dems hope to have a majority. so maybe fisa docs distraction is secondary benefit. you're correct.
So you admit the accusation may indeed be true, yes?

6 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

If only Kavanaugh was up for an important lifetime appointment 40 years ago, she could have had her revenge for his despicable behavior so much sooner!

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's not a matter of working or not working.

It's about the senate doing it's job under the constitution.

They are not finished yet. Let them work.

There is no safe space on the planet now with "trump" as president.

Well, sorry, Squire: unlike all his predecessors of the last 30 years, Trump has not yet committed new American troops on the ground.  Let's pray that he keeps up this restrained behavior for the next at least six years.

Why now?

Me too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/17/now-that-his-accuser-spoke-out-is-brett-kavanaughs-nomination-danger/

"It’s also worth noting that the “why now?” argument hasn’t proven particularly resonant these days. It’s something Roy Moore tried in a Senate race in Alabama in 2017 after The Post reported on allegations of his alleged sexual misconduct; he lost what should have been an extremely winnable race for Republicans.

So will Kavanaugh’s nomination be in trouble now that Ford is speaking out? We don’t know. That it’s even a question is a significant turn of events from just a few days ago, before Ford spoke out. "

24 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

If only Kavanaugh was up for an important lifetime appointment 40 years ago, she could have had her revenge for his despicable behavior so much sooner!

innocent until proven guilty, so go try him in court and get a conviction.

nothing stopped her all these years.

6 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

innocent until proven guilty, so go try him in court and get a conviction.

nothing stopped her all these years.

Innocent until proven guilty is the standard for criminal trials. As far as I'm aware, the hearings for Kavanaugh are not a criminal trial.

5 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Obviously - this can't be proven. The woman can't remember the location, how she got there or the date. 

What we do know so far:

- this was held back till the last hour - even though it was 'discovered' in July.  

- when the 'anonymous source' approach didn't derail things, they had to put a name to it.  

- the accuser is a registered democrat working as a professor in a liberal college.

- she has no evidence, nor will she ever be able to provide any.

There's even one article saying she passed a polygraph in July administered by an ex-FBI agent. Now - considering she was originally touted as an 'anonymous source' - it does seem that someone was happy to pay an ex-FBI agent to take this test so that the results could be used in the media. 

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/christine-blasey-ford/

That alone, seems a really, really odd thing to do if you are going to remain anonymous.

So - given that you are innocent until proven guilty, that they were both minors at the time - this can go nowhere other than a judgement in the court of public opinion. Which is what this is all about. 

I don't think anyone without blinkers on thinks this is anything but a political gambit. It'll probably work too - but if they do push Kavanaugh through - the people will accept is (in as much as they would without this story) as it's fairly obvious what's going on.

Kavanaugh’s appointment is poltical.

And therefore the campaign against his appointment is political.

The presumption of innocence applies in a court of law, it is not mandatory in the court of public opinion.

3 hours ago, DM07 said:

Your little erotic story has @#$% all to do with the OP, which is about alleged rape!

That you think, this is the right place or time to troll yourself into oblivion, is beyond me!

But I guess, as long as you have some other dumb #@$% to laugh at your "funny" stories, this will go on!

I have fed the troll long enough! 

Time to leave the lunatics to the asylum!

How is it about an alleged rape?

The woman hasn't alleged he raped her.

36 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The presumption of innocence applies in a court of law, it is not mandatory in the court of public opinion.

OK - so now all that has to happen to derail ANY political appointee is to find a woman to claim sexual impropriety just before appointment?

Because if all you need are people on the opposite side of the political spectrum to say "see - I knew he was no good" (aka public opinion) - then you just create a perpetual political deadlock. 

55 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

fair point,  and thAt is what this is about . 

26 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

OK - so now all that has to happen to derail ANY political appointee is to find a woman to claim sexual impropriety just before appointment?

Because if all you need are people on the opposite side of the political spectrum to say "see - I knew he was no good" (aka public opinion) - then you just create a perpetual political deadlock. 

It’s not simply someone making an accusation, the accusation is accompanied with prior records of her statements to her therapist.

But let’s not forget this candidate is being protected from actual records of his legal career being examined.

The examination of the candidate is a constitutional requirement.

The threat to due process and a meaningful appointment review is not from a woman accusing him of attempted rape, it’s from the GOP withholding vast quantities of documentation.

Archived