Police and mafia boss in gun duel at Pattaya nightspot

webfact

Police and mafia boss in gun duel at Pattaya nightspot 

1PM.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

A leading Pattaya mafia boss if fighting for his life after being shot multiple times in a Pattaya club.

The shooter is believed to be a policeman who has given himself up. 

He claims self-defense. 

Pattaya police led by station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch rushed to All New Mouthburi on Sai 3 on Saturday night where there were 200 patrons crowding round.

Rescue services attended to Somchai Saechua, 49, who was given CPR and taken to hospital. 

Pattaya News said he was shot in the right side of the head, right arm, right leg and stomach "many times". 

Somchai - known as Hia Chai Wat Pho - is a leading mafia boss according to reports. 

Sgt Maj 3rd Class Pawaret Banjong was hit in the right arm and taken to Pattaya Memorial.

Police found six 9mm shell casings on the ground and an 11mm weapon and pools of blood. 

Witnesses said that around ten people were on a police table celebrating a birthday. 

An argument broke out between Somchai and Parawet over a woman. 

Firing began with witnesses saying they saw police standing on a table shooting. 

Lance Corporal Naretrak Khruawara attached to Prachinburi's Wang Khon Daeng force later gave  himself up, said Daily News. 

Pattaya News reported he had earlier fled the scene.

He handed in Parawet's pistol that he had said he had grabbed it and used it in self defense. 

Police are examining CCTV to get to the bottom of what happened. 

Meanwhile, Daily News reported that Banglamung Dictrict Chief Naris Niraimaiwong had been on the scene wanting to know how armed men could have entered the premises for a night out. 

There were three security personnel but they told Naris that the men involved had their weapons hidden. 

According to posters there is a sign forbidding weapons at the establishment and most people are subjected to searches. 

Sources: Pattaya News, Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-17

police shooting a mafioso...

My first thought:  at last  some policemen are fed up with letting the perps unharmed and founded kind of a "black squadron" to fight for justice  (and I started dreaming of them going to other places where they are needed)

But then ...

A party with police and a mafia boss.

I have read many times the report by various officials

that there are NO MAFIA in Pattaya,..........I knew they

were lying, and i wonder if the shooter will be charged

with bringing the good name of the family resort of

Pattaya into disrepute .

regards Worgeordie

In truth, the relationship between criminals and police is much more nuanced than the general population wants to know and that is a universal fact. This ‘relationship’ is balanced on a rotating hierarchy of predator and prey.  Each group has its core primacy,  that which will be defended but the boundaries overlap on every front.  It seems to me that is why there is wide spread tolerance for crime in general and tolerance for failure to contain it. 

Most off-duty policemen strut round in their brown trousers and white t-shirt like they own the place.  I've seen a few still armed when off-duty, and a lot wear their black and gold policemans motorcycle helmet when riding a motorcycle off-duty.

It shouldn't be allowed!  A change of clothes and firearm locked-up at the station should be normal practice, but, then again, TiT; anything goes!

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Witnesses said that around ten people were on a police table celebrating a birthday. 

An argument broke out between Somchai and Parawet over a woman. 

that means the police man was friends with the mafia boss 

Private mafia boss Vs public mafia 0-1

The war is on..... 

1 hour ago, nodomino said:

In truth, the relationship between criminals and police is much more nuanced than the general population wants to know and that is a universal fact. This ‘relationship’ is balanced on a rotating hierarchy of predator and prey.  Each group has its core primacy,  that which will be defended but the boundaries overlap on every front.  It seems to me that is why there is wide spread tolerance for crime in general and tolerance for failure to contain it. 

Bullseye, but it goes further than this.  I believe this same gangsterism goes all the way to the core of governments as well.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, Daily News reported that Banglamung Dictrict Chief Naris Niraimaiwong had been on the scene wanting to know how armed men could have entered the premises for a night out. 

There were three security personnel but they told Naris that the men involved had their weapons hidden. 

According to posters there is a sign forbidding weapons at the establishment and most people are subjected to searches. 

the magical posters/signs proclaiming . "weapon fee zone" . "drug free zone" . "safety zone"

just like a recent bus ride with a major company chonburi to bkk.  "magical seat belt sign" violators punished with 5000 baht fine.  my seatbelt was broken as was thai gal next to me. we told staff but they just smiled saying . "mai pen rai" never mind, no problem.  really not a problem since bus driver didnt use his seatbelt nor did he need worry about speeding as the speedometer was broke too but holding his mobile with right hand and driving with left hand took his attention away from speedometer and no seatbelt.

So, let's get this straight....

mafia boss and policeman start shooting at each other in a (presumably) crowded venue.

Policeman gets shot, Mafia boss gets shot many times (this equals two mafia bosses getting shot 1+ many times divided by two to arrive at the evargae mafia guy getting shot, I guess??!!).

Everyone knows the (RT-realy terrible) Police are the real mafia guys anywhere in Pattaya so this was as much a territorial dispue as a spat over some bimbo.

Who'd a thunk it, off duty (I presume) cops carrying concealed weapons into a night club?

As long as these stories include one of them getting shot, hopefully fatally, bring them on!!

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

that means the police man was friends with the mafia boss 

Private mafia boss Vs public mafia 0-1

The war is on..... 

Was - we have a legitim reason to doubt they still are….:whistling:

5 hours ago, Kim J said:

I assume these 'police' were off duty as they were out on the lash celebrating a birthday? In which case why were they armed?

Last time I talked with a policeman (former brother-in-law) about guns, he told me he had to be armed at all times, even with the family at a movie...

Archived