Dutch man found hanged from bathroom door in Pattaya hotel

webfact

Dutch man found hanged from bathroom door in Pattaya hotel

2PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A maid at a Pattaya hotel saw the "please clean my room" sign hanging on the door of a second floor room on Sunday morning. 

But despite her knocking the occupant did not respond. 

She enlisted the help of a friend called Jaruwat, 34, who is a motorcycle taxi driver and they entered the room together. 

Mr Peter, 53, was hanging by a curtain tie secured by the closed bathroom door. 

He had been dead at least five hours, said Pattaya police investigating. There was no sign of a struggle.

He was wearing just his underwear. 

The man is Dutch and an autopsy is taking place at the Police Hospital. 

Police are not yet assigning any cause of death and have not said if it was suicide or not. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-17

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Thailand does seem to have a high mortality rate for western men. 

Amazing Thailand.

it might seem that way. Then again, look at the average age of the guys that die, and of the average age of the farang population in Thailand.

Also, whenever one dies of natural causes (as people in their 50's, 60's, & 70's can do where ever they live), people always speculate that it must have been foul-play. Throw in booze & drugs. I'm sure there are lots of clean living expats, but I suspect that excessive boozing takes quite a few over time.

RIP to the Dutch guy, 53's too young

3 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

it might seem that way. Then again, look at the average age of the guys that die, and of the average age of the farang population in Thailand.

Also, whenever one dies of natural causes (as people in their 50's, 60's, & 70's can do where ever they live), people always speculate that it must have been foul-play. Throw in booze & drugs. I'm sure there are lots of clean living expats, but I suspect that excessive boozing takes quite a few over time.

RIP to the Dutch guy, 53's too young

Yes I think many come here for a last 'hurrah'  but it's the methodology that gets me. Far better ways of taking your life. 

35 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

It might seem that way. Then again, look at the average age of the guys that die, and of the average age of the farang population in Thailand.

53 isn't that old.

And the ages of my pals that died in Thailand are usually around that.

(40, 43, 50, 52, 69)

How old was Hannah and the guy bashed to death on Koh Tao?

Seems to me young foreigners are dying as often as old foreigners.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

53 isn't that old.

And the ages of my pals that died in Thailand are usually around that.

(40, 43, 50, 52, 69)

Yes, but people die at those ages in their home countries.

My brother in law dropped dead of a heart attack at 51 in the UK many years ago, he'd never set foot in Thailand in his life.

An old friend died in his mid-50's very many years ago, I believe he was an alcoholic before he ever came to Thailand, where he very sadly died of liver cancer.

9 minutes ago, car720 said:

I think they are trying to say that she didn't want to go into a falang room alone.

If she works as a maid in a pattaya hotel you'd think she would be used to farangs staying in hotel rooms by now

It does seem weird in this particular case she went to get a motorcycle taxi guy to accompany her 

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Seems odd to me that he would put a 'clean my room' sign up and then hang himself

But of course it is circumstantial that he put the 'clean my room' sign there himself.  As it is  thus appears  to be one of those signs that are hung on the exterior door handle from the article, rather an an electronic notice pressed from the inside, who really knows the truth ? unless CCTV in the corridors proves otherwise.   Remember TIT.

3 hours ago, car720 said:

I think they are trying to say that she didn't want to go into a falang room alone.

Farang rooms may usually use the "pls dont disturb" sign so the "pls clean the room" sign may have made her suspecious….:whistling:

Archived