Dutch man found hanged from bathroom door in Pattaya hotel

webfact

She enlisted the help of a friend called Jaruwat, 34, who is a motorcycle taxidriver and they entered the roomtogether??Is she the only staff in the hotel? Why bring outsider instead of the hotel's manager or person in charge if not another staff member. .v weird if not highly suspicious  ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the Dallas Morning News and 500 people committed suicide in Dallas, Texas USA in 2017.  

Suicide is a problem all over the world.  TVF sleuths love to play CSI Thailand assuming suicide in Thailand is so different and mysterious from the rest of the world.  

RIP to the deceased and peace to his family and friends and the maid and taxi driver that found him.  ?

13 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Thailand does seem to have a high mortality rate for western men. 

Amazing Thailand.

Oh no, this is misleading- "Thailand does seem to have a high mortality rate for western men". I read somewhere I can't remember where(newspaper probably) that there are 10 millions "Farang"(means people of european descent) in the whole of Thailand(is this true I wonder?). These 10 millions of course includes expats, tourists, backpackers just anyone of european descents. Japanese, Koreans not included, also not included Asean citizens.

If that figure of 10 millions is anywhere near the actual figure then you expect many old age farang will die in Thailand due to medical problems, suicide, etc., Young farangs die from motobikes accidents, drowning. Killed by katoeys, murdered by wives who can't wait to get the house and car. Not surprised right?

In other words it is not high mortality rate it is normal if you take the statistic. Are thai people more inclined to be homicidal than say Cambodians, or Vietnamese or Malaysian?I don't think so.

In other countries like vietnam, China, Cambodia, I don't think they have huge number of farangs living there so it appears they don't have this problem. When the population of farangs living in Thailand reached a certain number the murder, accident, sickness or old age death number will go up.

I may be wrong let's hear from someone who has more sensible analysis than what I put forward.

Ps: I once asked a German young lady about the Neo-Nazi demostration in the street in Germany and she said, "oh, that's a storm in a tea cup", the actual number of Neo-Nazi is very small she said. It's just insignificant she said, not even worth thinking about.

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Hmmm, judging by the high number of foreign suicides in Pattaya, I suppose the police might well consider that he "died from natural causes".

i usually hang the bathroom towel over the door to dry out , some have other strange ideas to hang something from the bathroom door , wonder if they found a kicked bucket nearby , he must have been bored of sex with beautiful 20 year old girls , lower bathroom doors would be a good idea but then i suppose it would be head first over the balcony rail that one usually happens between 2am - 4.30 am when everyone wakes up hearing a loud bang and the night security man is woken up from his deep sleep while on night time watch ( or not watch as the case will be )  LOL xxx

18 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Thailand does seem to have a high mortality rate for western men. 

Amazing Thailand.

With Chinese tourists being the current "top dog" in Thai tourist circles, and western farang moneyflow slowing down (right now), there are many angry Thai bargirls and their pimp boyfriends/husbands out there. You will pay for their services with your money, your blood, or your life.  Be VERY selective with who you get involved with. 

16 minutes ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Not with a falang hangin around inside

Usually I put the "please clean the room" sign on as I'm leaving so the room will be empty, doesn't everyone? 

Never seen a maid yet who was too shy to open the door 

Also never seen the maid arrive with a motorbike taxi ... Weird even by pattaya standards... ?

RIP  to the dutch guy...

unfortunately, too many 'unstable' people seem to end up in pattaya---maybe for a 'last fling'  ???

Its sad, but pattaya is definitely not a good place for unstable people, those with addictions, or people with  minimal income....

without these pre-existing problems, pattaya can be a perfectly good place to live a happy and healthy life.

i still find it very difficult to understand how so many 'mature' ???? men, manage to be sooo  immature with thai women, their finances or booze....

suicide is a gutless 'way out'-----just 'grow up', face reality.

a very good life ,can be had here, very cheaply...

4 hours ago, RickTik said:

With Chinese tourists being the current "top dog" in Thai tourist circles, and western farang moneyflow slowing down (right now), there are many angry Thai bargirls and their pimp boyfriends/husbands out there. You will pay for their services with your money, your blood, or your life.  Be VERY selective with who you get involved with. 

Another urban myth perpetuated by someone who knows nothing about the subject......except what he's read on TVF.

6 minutes ago, murraynz said:

RIP  to the dutch guy...

unfortunately, too many 'unstable' people seem to end up in pattaya---maybe for a 'last fling'  ???

Its sad, but pattaya is definitely not a good place for unstable people, those with addictions, or people with  minimal income....

without these pre-existing problems, pattaya can be a perfectly good place to live a happy and healthy life.

i still find it very difficult to understand how so many 'mature' ???? men, manage to be sooo  immature with thai women, their finances or booze....

suicide is a gutless 'way out'-----just 'grow up', face reality.

a very good life ,can be had here, very cheaply...

Could have had terminal health problems or a million other reasons 

On his mind we will never know.... 

Gutless is not the right word, I have known a few exceptional people who went out that way and it's the last word you would use if you knew them

Weird way to commit suicide, like these guys who throw themselves off high buildings. Was there a note, if I was committing suicide I'd definitely leave a note, even if it was something stupid like "every game must have it's ending". But then I suppose these guys aren't thinking rationally. Still, pretty painless I would imagine, having been knocked out by a stranglehold in my younger days. If I were going the suicide route, cos of ill-health or whatever, I'd probably stick a knife in my carotid artery. An easy way out, but the seppuku alternative sounds too painful, especially if you don't have a mate to behead you.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:06 AM, Andrew65 said:

it might seem that way. Then again, look at the average age of the guys that die, and of the average age of the farang population in Thailand.

Also, whenever one dies of natural causes (as people in their 50's, 60's, & 70's can do where ever they live), people always speculate that it must have been foul-play. Throw in booze & drugs. I'm sure there are lots of clean living expats, but I suspect that excessive boozing takes quite a few over time.

RIP to the Dutch guy, 53's too young

I would hardly describe hanging as death by natural causes, if if the person was a 120 years old.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:14 PM, hottrader77 said:

i usually hang the bathroom towel over the door to dry out , some have other strange ideas to hang something from the bathroom door , wonder if they found a kicked bucket nearby , he must have been bored of sex with beautiful 20 year old girls , lower bathroom doors would be a good idea but then i suppose it would be head first over the balcony rail that one usually happens between 2am - 4.30 am when everyone wakes up hearing a loud bang and the night security man is woken up from his deep sleep while on night time watch ( or not watch as the case will be )  LOL xxx

LOL! Are you sick?

22 hours ago, RickTik said:

Utter deluded nonsense.

15 hours ago, lanng khao said:

There's a fella named to roblock who is frequently on tv, think he's into body building and youngish

He lives here , not a tourist. 

The victim was found in a hotel . 

Pattaya must be the most depressed city on Earth. There might be more than 1 unusual death of a non thai every week! It is almost always suicide...... come on..... Whats happening. Here are things I can understand.

1) They run out of cash completely and have debt too and the shame of going home broke at 60 after whoring is too much. 

2) The lifestyle of boozing, whoring and a lack of close people make them depressed, they take drugs and booze, loads of women, cycle repeats until 5 days on the ICE  and they decide they see no tomorrow.

3) Their woman has boned all their mates, often for free, shows zero remorse, as do his 'mates' and the broken heart and humiliation is too much.... I am really reaching here though.

4) AIDS/HIV.... And that send them OTT.

5) His GF or wife of BF or tranny have him killed for financial gain.... but it always gets called suicide.

Basically, if these numbers were dropping in such circumstances in say...... Miami or London, always foreign in a fairly small town...... Wouldn't there be a major out cry????

On 9/19/2018 at 6:01 AM, The manic said:

Utter deluded nonsense.    to 'the manic'

utter deluded nonsense -IS correct----you  have read too many 'story books'  or  drunk too much booze....maybe your on ya baa ??  have you experinced this type of fantacy that you write about ????

the 'balcony jumpers' live in all areas of thailand---it just so happens, that higher numbers of them live in pattaya..

being suicidel doesnt  show a problem relating to pattaya..

it shows that many expats here--have 'pre-existing' problems  with booze, finance, or females...have no friends or family  ??

Some interesting figures on the subject from the British Foreign Office:

In the UK; as such, the current age-standardised suicide rate for the UK is 16.0 per 100,000 for males. If there are 50,000 - 60,000 Brits living here, the numbers for suicide aren't that far out from UK figures.

British national deaths in Thailand, broken down by age: 50+ years

Death – Accidental 4 2 6
Death – Drowning 0 0 1
Death – Execution 0 0 0
Death – Hospital death 0 0 60
Death – Missing 0 0 14
Death – Murder or manslaughter 0 1 0
Death – Natural death 180 185 135
Death – None 0 0 5
Death – Road traffic accident 5 6 4
Death – Suicide 6 4 9
Death – Unknown 68 83 142
Death – In custody 0 0 2

Leap in age 50+ ‘deaths in hospital’ 

In its response to the FOI request, which may be viewed by clicking here, the FCO data showing death rates of British citizens in Thailand during the years 2014, 2015 and 2016 is split into five age categories:  0 – 15 years,  16 – 30 years, 31 – 50 years; 50+ years; and “age: unknown”.  It also lists a range of causes of death, including Accidental, Drowning, Hospital death, Murder or manslaughter and Suicide.

Last year, the most common cause of death among the 378 Brits over the age of 50 who died in Thailand was “unknown”, and accounted for 142 of them, or 38%. The second-greatest number of deaths in that age group, or 135 of them, was attributed to natural causes. Sixty Britons over the age of 50 died “in hospital”, compared with none in either 2014 or 2015, the data shows.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:48 AM, Andrew65 said:

Yes, but people die at those ages in their home countries.

My brother in law dropped dead of a heart attack at 51 in the UK many years ago, he'd never set foot in Thailand in his life.

An old friend died in his mid-50's very many years ago, I believe he was an alcoholic before he ever came to Thailand, where he very sadly died of liver cancer.

Yes, that's a fact. My dad died at 49 from a heart attack and he also never set foot in Thailand.

Suicides are not usually reported in the daily news in most civilized countries. The Pattaya News is distorting reality by reporting each and every one.

39 minutes ago, RT555 said:

How much longer do we want to live anyways? I'm 60 and bored as hell as I've worked all around the world. Working now just holds up the thoughts of WHEN?

I'm not bored (about the same age), but life doesn't get better after 60 (or 50, or 40). It's a steady decline until the final curtain, so many people would rather not live through this decline. If a person has no friends or lovers, finances are shot and has the odd medical condition or two (who doesn't at 60 plus?), I see nothing wrong with organising an early checkout.

On 9/19/2018 at 7:28 AM, trianglechoke said:

Pattaya must be the most depressed city on Earth. There might be more than 1 unusual death of a non thai every week! It is almost always suicide...... come on..... Whats happening. Here are things I can understand.

1) They run out of cash completely and have debt too and the shame of going home broke at 60 after whoring is too much. 

2) The lifestyle of boozing, whoring and a lack of close people make them depressed, they take drugs and booze, loads of women, cycle repeats until 5 days on the ICE  and they decide they see no tomorrow.

3) Their woman has boned all their mates, often for free, shows zero remorse, as do his 'mates' and the broken heart and humiliation is too much.... I am really reaching here though.

4) AIDS/HIV.... And that send them OTT.

5) His GF or wife of BF or tranny have him killed for financial gain.... but it always gets called suicide.

Basically, if these numbers were dropping in such circumstances in say...... Miami or London, always foreign in a fairly small town...... Wouldn't there be a major out cry????

Have you ever been to Pattaya?

Archived