Prayuth Wants Prompt Prosecution Of Dead Elephant’s Owner

webfact

Oh, it was so damn clear, that this subject would bring out the stoneage- trolls again!

"I once rode on an elephant and it didn't complain, so it must be all okay! Elephants should be easier to train, because they are more intelligent than horses or dogs"!

Oh dear!

Here is a little hint for you, why dogs are easier trained than elephants: they are DOMESTICATED!

Over generations they have been made docile and their "wildness" has been bred of them!

But since I guess, you don't believe in leftist agendas like evolution...oh well...

Elephants still have to be hunted down - in the wild- because they don't really appreciate the company of men!

And looking at some of the troglodytes on this thread: I don't blame them!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

Oh, it was so damn clear, that this subject would bring out the stoneage- trolls again!

"I once rode on an elephant and it didn't complain, so it must be all okay! Elephants should be easier to train, because they are more intelligent than horses or dogs"!

Oh dear!

Here is a little hint for you, why dogs are easier trained than elephants: they are DOMESTICATED!

Over generations they have been made docile and their "wildness" has been bred of them!

But since I guess, you don't believe in leftist agendas like evolution...oh well...

Elephants still have to be hunted down - in the wild- because they don't really appreciate the company of men!

And looking at some of the troglodytes on this thread: I don't blame them!

Asian elephants have been captured and tamed for a long time. Africans not. The issue of whether Asian elephants are domesticated qua domesticated is still an issue.

Regardless you prefer just to insult folks as opposed to consider opposing points of view. Who is the troll then, neh?

Just now, Nyezhov said:

The issue of whether Asian elephants are domesticated qua domesticated is still an issue.

Go and find a wild asian elephant in the jungle and try and sit on its back.  When you're flat as a pancake a few seconds later maybe you'll be less inclined to consider it an issue and more of a common consensus/established fact.  Elephants want nothing to do with us, they are wild animals and they are smart enough to know that we are bad news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Asian elephants have been captured and tamed for a long time. Africans not. The issue of whether Asian elephants are domesticated qua domesticated is still an issue.

Regardless you prefer just to insult folks as opposed to consider opposing points of view. Who is the troll then, neh?

They have been captured and been tamed and...that helps your argument ..how?

"Captured and tamed!"

When was the last time, some "captured and tamed" a Labrador or a Poodle?

You "capture and tame" bears, tigers, elephants, orcas....do you see a tendency here?

Do you UN-DER-STAND the difference, between what you do to Elephants or German Shepherds?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ndfdjnd said:

Go and find a wild asian elephant in the jungle and try and sit on its back.  When you're flat as a pancake a few seconds later maybe you'll be less inclined to consider it an issue and more of a common consensus/established fact.  Elephants want nothing to do with us, they are wild animals and they are smart enough to know that we are bad news.

Try reading The Elephant Whisperer. You can Google it.  Even African elephants can appreciate humans without being tortured into submission.

10 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

Try reading The Elephant Whisperer. You can Google it.  Even African elephants can appreciate humans without being tortured into submission.

"According to the National Geographic Channel documentary Elephant Rage, some 500 people are killed by elephant attacks each year. Such attacks are becoming increasingly common, researchers say."

How many Elephant Whisperers to counter that?

Edited by DM07

It looks interesting but I think citing one man who can 'whisper' to elephants is dangerous; the neanderthals in this thread will latch onto it as proof that it's okay to sit on elephants and watch them paint and dress them up in costumes and throw bananas at them.

"In my thirty five years studying man/animal communication I have met only a few individuals who have the ability to enter into the metaphysical realm of the exotic animal."

How many of these few individuals are Thai mahoots.  And even if they all are, that still leaves thousands of other Thai mahoots who aren't.

It would probably be fair to say that 100% of captive elephants in Thailand have been subjected to prolonged periods of abuse/torture, usually as a baby.  Even the ones born in captivity still get it, to a lesser degree.  They should be left alone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Do you UN-DER-STAND the difference, between what you do to Elephants or German Shepherds?

I dont do anything to animals. I just dont get my panties in a wad over some elephant that is treated correctly. 

Have you ever paid for some coochie Francis? Did you find out if it was exploited coochie? Ever  dig into a plate of steaming Goong harvested by slave labour? How do you know it wasnt? You been to Thailand? You worry more about elephants than people?

Spare me, nay spare us the moral posturing. 

17 hours ago, The manic said:

Yeah same in Bangkok. It was great to see the Elephants everywhere until the western do gooders spoilt everything. ALF, PETA nutters now say we musnt eat shark meat, musnt eat honey due to the exploitation of worker bees! Or wear silk due to the oppression of silk worms!

Yes. Just like humans. Elephants love to walk barefoot on hot concrete and hot tar.

Breathe diesel fumes and really enjoy having irritated eyes from fumes and hot dust blowing in their faces all day. They also seem to enjoy falling through drain covers, breaking legs and getting electrocuted.

What a fun life to have enforced on you.

• Thanks 1