Prayuth Wants Prompt Prosecution Of Dead Elephant’s Owner

webfact

Prayuth Wants Prompt Prosecution Of Dead Elephant’s Owner

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

20180915_120944-696x391.jpg

Body of the elephant was brought to wild life officials in Samut Prakan on Saturday.

BANGKOK — Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha urged officials to find out who was responsible for a young elephant that died while being forced to beg on the street, a government spokesman said Monday.

The junta chief also encouraged the public to report any beggar elephants in the city to the authorities, spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd told reporters. An official in Surin province, where the 10-year-old animal was from, said he was still unable to identify who owned and leased the elephant to the mahouts.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/09/17/prayuth-wants-prompt-prosecution-of-dead-elephants-owner/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-17

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha urged officials to find out who was responsible for a young elephant that died while being forced to beg on the street, a government spokesman said Monday.

why should this case be micro-managed ? thailand isn't yet civilized enough that the 'normal' procedures can handle this ?

I know, it's a bit bad, looking at the pic in the OP, but...low hanging fruits!

I wish, he would for ONCE care for really important stuff and not open his mouth and speak warm air into every microphone over absolutely everything!

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I remember 10 years back when there were always elephants wandering around ChiangMai of an evening, begging for bananas.

Always enjoyed feeding them (from my barstool).

So perpetuated the misery of animals that should be relocated back to their natural environment instead of being dragged around city streets a form of income for beggars from idiot tourists !!!

Hope you enjoyed your moment of entertainment?

Just now, BritManToo said:

I also enjoyed many elephant rides in the jungle.

I suppose you'll have no problem with me strapping a saddle to your back and mounting you and forcing you to walk all day, should you refuse I'll poke a hole in your ear with a metal hook.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, I did, many times.

I also enjoyed many elephant rides in the jungle.

I used to feed them when they came up my road and cut through our housing drive in CM. I used to feed them in Bangkok umpteen years ago. I enjoyed it as well and so did my kids. Sounds like big p is being as idiotic as little p the other day regarding the shirts.They both are doing it placing it under nationalism, same as a national security issue. . Old wealth and junta need to turn over for modern Thailand 

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I remember 10 years back when there were always elephants wandering around ChiangMai of an evening, begging for bananas.

BTW, the good elephants have developed a taste for beer, as well....

Don't be shy next time.

?

2 hours ago, ndfdjnd said:

I suppose you'll have no problem with me strapping a saddle to your back and mounting you and forcing you to walk all day, should you refuse I'll poke a hole in your ear with a metal hook.

Ohhhhh...sounds like a hot time Big Boy....bet ya call me...

Jumbo....

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah same in Bangkok. It was great to see the Elephants everywhere until the western do gooders spoilt everything. ALF, PETA nutters now say we musnt eat shark meat, musnt eat honey due to the exploitation of worker bees! Or wear silk due to the oppression of silk worms!

2 hours ago, ndfdjnd said:

A bit silly. Elephants are not humans. Elephants are strong enough to wear saddles and carry people. As for holes in ears - many people have pierced ears. 

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So perpetuated the misery of animals that should be relocated back to their natural environment instead of being dragged around city streets a form of income for beggars from idiot tourists !!!

Hope you enjoyed your moment of entertainment?

Dragging an elephant round...ha ha. You would have to be strong to do that. Hope you enjoyed your moment of sentimental outrage and virtue signalling.

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

Elephants should roam free, not dragged around hungry begging for food, this barbaric nonsense needs stopped NOW.

It is not begging for food for the elephants if I go by what I see here in Rayong. The Mahouts carry sugar canes which they sell to feed as a snack to the elephants.

It is actually the mahouts who are begging for food. I don't think sugar canes are enough to feed and elephant for a day's work.

Shoot the mahout's as far as I am concerned. I actually prefer small animals and pachyderms to scum like these guys.

I remember sitting on a sidewalk in Jomtien.  I was a little tiddly and enjoying a smoke before going home.  I looked up and saw a baby elephant waiting on the corner also alone.  At first I thought I had the DTs and checked to see if it was pink.  As I watched a pick-up pulled up with the back open.  The elephant climbed on to the vehicle and it drove off.  The driver didn't even get out; close the tail gate or tether the animal.

I examine what I was smoking very carefully.

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Bearing in mind the quantity of food an elephant requires daily, to sustain itself and remain healthy and the fact that tarmac or concrete is unsuitable for an elephant to walk upon - how many of those elephants you always saw 10 years ago, are still alive today?

An elephant in the wild can live for more that 70 years. The elephant in the picture appears to be quite young?

Glad you enjoyed your barstool entertainment.

2 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

It is not begging for food for the elephants if I go by what I see here in Rayong. The Mahouts carry sugar canes which they sell to feed as a snack to the elephants.

It is actually the mahouts who are begging for food. I don't think sugar canes are enough to feed and elephant for a day's work.

Shoot the mahout's as far as I am concerned. I actually prefer small animals and pachyderms to scum like these guys.

Last elephant ride I had (with a 'gf') at Mae Sa elephant show, after the show (good show with elephants painting and playing football, etc.) you could pay extra for an Elephant ride. The elephants that did a ride got paid a couple of kilo of sticky rice at the end, and they really wanted that snack. Can't see any problem with a fair days work for a fair days pay. The elephants live in the jungle when not working in the show, if you go hiking in the jungle you can see them wandering around without any restrictions, they came to the camp when called. Doesn't seem a bad life for them.

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Last elephant ride I had (with a 'gf') at Mae Sa elephant show, after the show (good show with elephants painting and playing football, etc.) you could pay extra for an Elephant ride. The elephants that did a ride got paid a couple of kilo of sticky rice at the end, and they really wanted that snack. Can't see any problem with a fair days work for a fair days pay. The elephants live in the jungle when not working in the show, if you go hiking in the jungle you can see them wandering around without any restrictions, they came to the camp when called. Doesn't seem a bad life for them.

Some folks take the position that elephants shouldn't work at all. On the other hand, what is the harm to them in working as long as they are treated correctly. Elephants have been domesticated in Asia for thousands of years.

the issue is not whether they beg, or amuse tourist, but how they are treated. The world is not always black and white, nor should virtue signaling make policy.

11 hours ago, The manic said:

A bit silly. Elephants are not humans. Elephants are strong enough to wear saddles and carry people. As for holes in ears - many people have pierced ears. 

Wrong, elephants' spines cannot cope with the strains placed on them by carrying baskets and people.  They are not horses.  A quick Google search would have garnered you that information.  People choose to get their ears pierced, as far as I'm aware elephants aren't asking the man on their back to rip a hole in their ear.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There's a definite urge to antagonise behind your posts so I'm factoring that into my assessment of you...  I'm still drawn to the conclusion that you're an idiot.

Abusing vulnerable things - particularly animals and children - is clearly wrong on every level.  To domesticate an elephant you have to break its spirit which essentially amounts to many days of depraved torture followed by many years of casual abuse.  What mahoots do to these animals is the human-animal equivalent of some of the worst psychopaths in human history.  The videos are there for all to see.  And it is all forgiven/ignored because it is the culture here.

Surin proudly proclaims itself the land of the elephants, even though it doesn't have a single wild elephant.  The most important people in Thailand who we can't name, are regularly pictured standing next to elephants dressed up in daft costumes.  All of the ignorant tourists in Phuket have an elephant show or ride on their list of things to do in their week in Thailand, because it is presented to them by Thais and legitimised by authorities.  It's all so very wrong.

Anybody who has seen an elephant in the wild in Khao Yai, Kui Buri, Khao Sok etc, knows that that is where they belong.  They want nothing to do with humans.  We have plundered their environment and enslaved their children.  It's only a matter of time until captive elephant tourism is banned completely, Thailand will be reluctant but international pressure will force their hand, and like the dolphins and killer whales it will gradually be phased out.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The elephants that did a ride got paid a couple of kilo of sticky rice at the end, and they really wanted that snack.

If you work in child protection you will find that every child who has been subjected to horrific physical and mental abuse will still grab an icecream out of your hand, I'm not sure what that is supposed to prove.

All animals have a inherent will to live, a sense of self-preservation, and so they will eat and seek food.

22 minutes ago, ndfdjnd said:

To domesticate an elephant you have to break its spirit which essentially amounts to many days of depraved torture followed by many years of casual abuse.

I've had horses, dogs and cats and even a house rabbit, never needed any abuse to train them, food and affection always worked.

Elephants should be easier as they are 'allegedly' more intelligent.

Put you on ignore for being needlessly insulting.

Archived