Thai police charge founder of new party over Facebook speech

webfact

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai police on Monday charged the founder and two members of a new political party opposed to military rule with violating a computer crime law

Grounds for the EC to immediately suspend all three from any further political campaign activities until the charges have been "resolved."

20 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Do I detect similarities with Hun Sen in neighboring Cambodia.

Detect ?  You would have to be stuck in a cave in Chiang Rai not to sense it.  Hun Sen's sham looked like a high school play.  Thailand's will probably be more like a variety show with singing and dancing from the man of power himself to BNK48.  

This poor young man wants to do the right thing.  It will be painful to watch him struggle. 

14 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Indeed.

They have never really learned how to play the game terribly well. 

One needn't be too observant as to notice that all viable candidates and their respective political identities have been promoting themselves in one fashion or another for quite some time - especially through social media venues. 

Adding, that it's quite obvious whom the current ruling class considers a very deep threat, so naturally make up offences and "criminal behaviour" to justify their surface repression. Not realizing it's not going to sit well with the ever-increasing popular movement. 

Awaiting the true revolution.

Weren’t you trying to argue with me in another thread, when I suggested there was no freedom of speech or political expression.

You need to get your story straight!

Thais don't really care about any of this. They have their beer to drink and television to watch and unhealthy junk food to eat. It is hard work standing up for yourself and it is too hot and humid most days.

We all know it would very easy to make all of Thailand grind to a halt. Never going to happen in a meaningful way. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

"The use of the Computer Crimes Act is used with the objective to silence us, threaten us, to make politics of fear happen in this country," Thanatorn told reporters.

The Future Forward Party launched this year hoping to attract young people and win backing from those seeking an alternative to military rule.

Brave man in this climate.

You see I told you someone was watching the internet posts.

I am starting my own party, 'The Left Right outa Sight Party'. I will be in the wings. Post me if you want to donate. It will be used for a good cause.

59 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I know change is needed here but a billionaire auto parts dealer? I'm not so sure he could even relate to 99% of Thais, let alone effect change beneficial to the masses. I guess it would be interesting to see but I doubt he'll be given the chance given the prevailing winds.

Alternative view point / ability to think as well as a heap of money. For some that is a dangerous combination. If he had only had the former, he wouldn't have even made it off the starting blocks.

16 hours ago, seahorse said:

It won't work forever.

It seems to work, all over the world.

Politicos are frightened of the internet and with all possible means try to stifle the "fake news".

Of course there is plenty fake news to find, but also in Europ the EU uses the term fake news to try to silence anti EU sounds.

14 minutes ago, hansnl said:

It seems to work, all over the world.

Politicos are frightened of the internet and with all possible means try to stifle the "fake news".

Of course there is plenty fake news to find, but also in Europ the EU uses the term fake news to try to silence anti EU sounds.

Has anyone been arrested for posting critics of the EU? Has anyone been arrested due to campaigning for anti-EU parties in social media?

8 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Detect ?  You would have to be stuck in a cave in Chiang Rai not to sense it.  Hun Sen's sham looked like a high school play.  Thailand's will probably be more like a variety show with singing and dancing from the man of power himself to BNK48.  

This poor young man wants to do the right thing.  It will be painful to watch him struggle. 

You know how that is - birds of a feather and whatnot.

Certainly have historic similarities on their side.

7 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Brave man in this climate.

You see I told you someone was watching the internet posts.

I am starting my own party, 'The Left Right outa Sight Party'. I will be in the wings. Post me if you want to donate. It will be used for a good cause.

Rest assured that him and his Future Forward Party are making substantial inroads, throughout the country, instilling a popular movement - and amazingly organised by way of promotional schemes.....making himself available through personal appearances, videos, etc. 

Regardless of what one thinks of FFP or any other political stance, the base ideals of a wide variety of political thought, theories, and parties has to be a primordial sense of issue. 

I think the are picking on the wrong guy he has the money to fight these guys. The kid in KK has been in jail for months, same charge, this guy did he even have to pay bail

Not only that - I read in his Facebook page he told the police when they fingerprinted him that they are 20 years behind and this is the 21st century. He told them if they want to move forward with Thailand 4.0 they should have electronic fingerprint scans.

Not that messy outdated inky thing from 100 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/17/2018 at 3:22 PM, Thaiwrath said:

‘Hire my party for Bt100 to fight for democracy’

Democracy ! My ****

Paid membership is the way it works in most countries, normally a party is only allowed to use campaign money that has been raised from supporters, it is designed to prevent the rich from being able to dominate politics, which would actually make it a valuable part of the democratic process.  Where would you like to see their campaign funds come from?

Archived