Tesla's Musk is sued for calling British Thai cave rescuer pedophile

webfact

12 minutes ago, neeray said:

Yes, technically, she could be his daughter considering the 23 year age spread. That (small) spread between two mature adults hardly puts him in the category of a pedo.

Hell, if that were the case, according to your logic, I and many other farangs are now considered pedos. Can't say as I feel like one!

Well your situation has nothing to do with this.

He called Vern a pedo and it doesn't take much fantasy to see where that came from...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, z42 said:

Don't agree at all. In the wider scheme of things, Musk has pioneered things that will help to make the world a vastly better place.

Obviously what he said about the guy being a paedophile is stupid and completely without merit, yet the supposed victim in this case also talked shit about Musk to the media.

The court system simply shouldn't be used and abused like this. It is clear that Musk made a complete dick out of himself, and that nobody believes the diver is what was claimed.

Childish nonsense. Shake hands and let it be finished. What a circus

Disagree. 

Probably millions of Thai ladies are getting defamed like this everyday. Musk should make sure that cases like this will never happen again. 

Apart from anything else Vern knew what he was dealing with in order to save the lives of the boys and the coach,He also knew that no sub regardlesss how small could get anywhere near these kids,he knew it was even dangerous to even think of such a thing.He is a veteran on this sort of rescue,and im sure only the kids safe rescue mattered to him.Ok he said that about the sub but wouldnt anybody in his place say the same? I think so.It was madness to even think about it especially not knowing what was involved.So as far as i can see vern was completely correct,regardless of what he said.He deserves every bit of praise he gets,and I hope he gets millions from this upstart.It might remind him that people who know what they are doing in such circumstances should be left to do the good work,just like vern DID.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, neeray said:

Yes, technically, she could be his daughter considering the 23 year age spread. That (small) spread between two mature adults hardly puts him in the category of a pedo.

Hell, if that were the case, according to your logic, I and many other farangs are now considered pedos. Can't say as I feel like one!

I was permanently bashed in Germany for having a relationship with a younger Thai lady, until I felt like killing all Germans. And I've got a bloody right to do so.

17 minutes ago, Thian said:

Well maybe not for the law but for sure in the eyes of many men...me included. I never think it's real love between them, even not when i see long dramatic goodbyes between them at the airport with loads of tears.

Any size age gap doesn't mean Vern is a child molester. 

This would be a very entertaining court case but I'm sure musk legal team will not let it go that far... ? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thian said:

It's nobody's business but i have the right to sniff my wife's underwear ?

I think maybe your sniffing has affected your temperament. Maybe what you're sniffing is not to your liking.

You seem to be a rather unhappy "camper" (sniffer), judging by your snarky comments to others.

And not before time, but if you want to know the real reason why Elon turned on poor old Vern, try that conspiracy book I came across last month. Meanwhile, may justice prevail, now that the shit's hit the fan.

16 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Any size age gap doesn't mean Vern is a child molester. 

This would be a very entertaining court case but I'm sure musk legal team will not let it go that far... ? 

They could settle the case by a big charity donation. 

But then Joe Sixpack would probably raise his voice, yelling "Tax evasion! F*** Thailand, it's our money!"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lanista said:

Musk called him a Pedo , not a pedophile.  Alot of people with surnames  ie  Pederson,  Peterson etc   are called Pedo for short.

Can you successfully sue someone for calling  them a Pedo ??

Just a thought.

Are you a Lawyer ?

I have a feeling that you arent 

3 hours ago, z42 said:

Don't agree at all. In the wider scheme of things, Musk has pioneered things that will help to make the world a vastly better place.

Obviously what he said about the guy being a paedophile is stupid and completely without merit, yet the supposed victim in this case also talked shit about Musk to the media.

The court system simply shouldn't be used and abused like this. It is clear that Musk made a complete dick out of himself, and that nobody believes the diver is what was claimed.

Unless Unsworth has clearly stated his intent to use the 'damages' ( what 'damage'  btw ? ) to improve the lives of thousands of underprivileged North Thai kids , in my mind he will just look like a fool  feeding  a new media circus ,  appear to be a tool of , and set  to further enrich lawyers , and end up looking like a 'richard head'  - undoing a great deal  his previous good work.

His , "Stick it .." comment could have been  easily dismissed before , as someone exasperated with sideshows while under extreme pressure.

Now he looks like some money grabber  who can dish it out  ...but cant take it .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That Vernon is venom I think, his disrespectful behavior to My Musk was stupid and his ego is too big for his britches, that said is he a US citizen and why US courts? I think Tesla is way more important then a 15 seconds of fame idiot!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Forethat said:

Judging by the standard relationship between compensatory vs. punitive damages I'd guess Mr.Musk is facing a $75m claim for punitive damages... 

It may seem that way but what is rarely reported is that all these ridiculously high awards go to appeal and the amounts are reduced by the Appeals Court to something a little more sensible, though still often life-changing sums.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, z42 said:

Or better still get them both on here and we will all take the mickey out of them.  :cheesy::cheesy:

• Haha 2