Tesla's Musk is sued for calling British Thai cave rescuer pedophile

webfact

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Are you a Lawyer ?

I have a feeling that you arent  

If a lawyer, he/she must be a lawyer for a certain president who plays similar word games to this (would/wouldn't for example).

I can just hear that president stretching the facts like this. The name is Unsworth, not Pederson or Peterson.

So how does this give Musk a back door? It is obvious what Musk meant when he said it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Unless Unsworth has clearly stated his intent to use the 'damages' ( what 'damage'  btw ? ) to improve the lives of thousands of underprivileged North Thai kids , in my mind he will just look like a fool  feeding  a new media circus ,  appear to be a tool of , and set  to further enrich lawyers , and end up looking like a 'richard head'  - undoing a great deal  his previous good work.

His , "Stick it .." comment could have been  easily dismissed before , as someone exasperated with sideshows while under extreme pressure.

Now he looks like some money grabber  who can dish it out  ...but cant take it .

Vern just wants to clear his name .

I'm sure that it has nothing to do with money and nothing to do with improving Thai kids lives , its about clearing his name in a Court of law

• Like 2

Good on ya Vern.

Awful remark to level on your fellow man.

If you have 100% proof then do everyone a favour and release your evidence,if you don't then best keep your mouth buttoned.

An off the cuff spiteful utterance may now well end up costing you a few bob Mr Musk.Not to mention a likely reduction in your company's share price.

lTry to ook before you leap, not vice versa.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Except Musk doesn't want to shake hands and let it be finished.

After his initial remarks he apologized and then, some weeks later, he repeated it. And Musk said Vernon should sue him - otherwise that would prove that Musk is right.

I think Vernon was as relaxed as anybody could be after such an attack. Musk was the one who just couldn't let it go. He behaves like an a$$hole. It seems he thinks he is so successful and rich that he can do whatever he want - including treating other people like scum.

It's time that someone kicks Musk (juristically) where it hurts. Maybe that will wake him up and maybe maybe he will think about his behavior.

I don't agree nor disagree, but with Mike's worth..10 million is just pocket change..

The question is : Was there any truth in Musks allegations ?

Its quite unlikely that Musk would have been able to get any info during his short stint in Thailand.

It would also be highly coincidental if Musk had got some info on someone , who he later had an online spat with .

When asked to back up his allegations , Musk could only offer *Hes a Westerner living in Thailand, why else would he live in Thailand*

Musk also alleged that Vern was a regular visitor to Pattaya and lived in Thailand for sex tourism .

Vern claims that he met his Thai GF in the UK and moved to Thailand to live with Her .

Two very different situations .

Musk also suggested that reporters should investigate Vern , asked them to try and prove his allegations .

From the evidence that we have , Musks allegations have no substance , he was just upset about Verns comments and made allegations that he just thought may be true .

Musks thought process seems to have been : *Old Western guy > Living in Thailand> must be a pedo*.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Agreed. Most people who have spent decades in Thailand have quite a lot they would rather keep quiet about.

Especially if you've done the Pattaya rounds and haven't been careful about the jailbaits manning the beer bars. It only needs to be 1 minute too early and you're toast.

5 hours ago, z42 said:

Don't agree at all. In the wider scheme of things, Musk has pioneered things that will help to make the world a vastly better place.

Obviously what he said about the guy being a paedophile is stupid and completely without merit, yet the supposed victim in this case also talked shit about Musk to the media.

The court system simply shouldn't be used and abused like this. It is clear that Musk made a complete dick out of himself, and that nobody believes the diver is what was claimed.

Childish nonsense. Shake hands and let it be finished. What a circus

I agree with the concept of forgive and forget, also of tieing up the courts with this spiteful business. However Musk called him a paedophile not once but twice, he deserves to be silenced with legal action. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Elon Musk just revealed who will fly to the moon on SpaceX's new rocket ship. Surprisingly it isn't Vernemoji23.png

Although the vehicle to take them to the moon , hasnt been built yet and its just been penciled in for a 2023 launch and the passenger has made a huge financial contribution to the funding of the project .

Wait and see whether it actually happens first .

4 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Agreed. Most people who have spent decades in Thailand have quite a lot they would rather keep quiet about.

Have to admit, in the earlier days I was a bit of a naughty boy, getting drunk, sleeping around etc, etc. Much like a lot of people that first experience Thailand. And again have to admit that I probably held onto that life style for longer than average..........................:tongue:

But to be honest, there is nothing in my history that I would (or indeed should) be worried about. I have been a good boy for the last 20 years though, mostly thanks to her indoors.....................:thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

If this guy loses the lawsuit, he will be left with a lot of legal fees, and not to mention that Musk can countersue; it's a dangerous game, and would you like to go heads up against the kind of lawyer Musk can afford? 

If this guy loses the lawsuit, then a huge number of Thais and farangs can join. I (a Kraut) was also bashed for a relationship with a now 40yo Thai lady, and I would certainly not like to see a Westerner get away with it.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

The question is : Was there any truth in Musks allegations ?

Its quite unlikely that Musk would have been able to get any info during his short stint in Thailand.

It would also be highly coincidental if Musk had got some info on someone , who he later had an online spat with .

When asked to back up his allegations , Musk could only offer *Hes a Westerner living in Thailand, why else would he live in Thailand*

Musk also alleged that Vern was a regular visitor to Pattaya and lived in Thailand for sex tourism .

Vern claims that he met his Thai GF in the UK and moved to Thailand to live with Her .

Two very different situations .

Musk also suggested that reporters should investigate Vern , asked them to try and prove his allegations .

From the evidence that we have , Musks allegations have no substance , he was just upset about Verns comments and made allegations that he just thought may be true .

Musks thought process seems to have been : *Old Western guy > Living in Thailand> must be a pedo*.

And what do you call that? Clustered cognition? Clustered by cognitive overload? 

16 minutes ago, micmichd said:

And what do you call that? Clustered cognition? Clustered by cognitive overload? 

I would like to join the Brit and the Thai lady. I was also suspected a "sex tourist", then locked up in Heidelberg University Hospital (for being in love with a then 35yo Thai lady), and then bashed by bums in Old Heidelberg. Can I sue Heidelberg University Hospital or the German county of Baden-Wuerttemberg for defamation from Thailand?

Edited by micmichd
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, car720 said:

. . . . talked shit about Musk to the media . . .

About Musk? … wasn't it just the mini-subs that Vern criticised? Calling them a PR stunt and suggesting where Musk could stuff them was hardly defamatory, either . . . fairly well-deserved work-place banter, I reckon, to what probably stood little chance of working.

• Like 2