Tesla's Musk is sued for calling British Thai cave rescuer pedophile

webfact

On 9/18/2018 at 6:37 AM, Esso49 said:

Considering how much Tesla shares have dropped recently.

How recently are you talking? 52-week high: 387.46, 52-week low: 244.59, previous close: 298.33.  Have a look at the 5-year chart. They are doing well.

7 hours ago, HLover said:

True, and he never use the word pedophile. This is just another example of people twisting words around. Pedo guy is not the same as pedophile. It's just a bunch of numpties drawing their own conclusions. To suit their own interest. Once again, the circus legal system will benefit and the scumbag lawyers.

Nothing has been "twisted" around .

"Pedo" and "pedophile" are the same word . 

Its just a shortened version , but they both have the same meaning 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

A follow up subject to some of the cave rescue team.

Back to reality.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-45588253

Members of a team which helped rescue 12 boys and their coach from a flooded cave in Thailand have rescued a sheep stuck 25ft underground for three weeks.

The mission was launched after hikers reported hearing desperate bleating sounds coming from a hole in the Brecon Beacons on Sunday.

A crew from the South and Mid Wales Cave Rescue Team was scrambled, but the weather was too poor.

The crew returned on Tuesday and hauled the stricken ram from the hole.

The five cavers are colleagues of the team involved in the Thai football team rescue in July.

"While not on the same scale as the incident in Thailand, we're pleased to report another successful rescue operation," said farmer Mark Morgan, an SMWCRT volunteer who helped save the sheep.

Would a submarine have helped? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I don't think anyone who is familiar with the entirety of Musk's remarks to date, could seriously suggest that 'pedo' was not meant as an abbreviation for pedophile. 

However if there was any doubt, that was removed when Musk went on to call Unsworth a "child rapist" and accuse him of having married a 12 year-old girl. 

Unless of course, you're somehow trying to claim that those phrases have also been twisted by Musk's critics - in which case I'd be interested to hear how you think these words have been misconstrued.

If you follow the train of thought the poster was pushing, sticking your sub where the sun doesn't shine doesn't mean any more than sticking it where there is no sunshine, so what was Musk's melt-down about. 

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps though I would certainly start off by being polite.

If I had spent some time explaining that it wouldn't work and the guy kept pushing after about the 5th time I would get antsy.

By the time that Musk got there 8 of the boys were already out so to use an untried vehicle would require the rescue team to stop the recovery, get trained on a basically untested device and hope that it did the job it was supposed to do. Another alternative would be to train the Musk support team to be cave rescue divers. Neither alternative would be considered as the water level was rising, time was getting short and the boys had to be got out as a matter of great urgency.

Even the rescue coordinator said it would not work presumably on the advice of the rescue team.

IMHO Musk was getting pushier and telling everybody who and how great he is. The guys working the rescue have no time for prima donnas which is what Musk is.

Well a little slice of fame it appears produced another prima donna! and just to be clear in the current situation unless Vern donates his 'damages' to a well deserving charity, any subsequent motive to pursue Musk could be viewed as not recovering tarnished reputation but cash!!

Edited by 473geo
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Well a little slice of fame it appears produced another prima donna! and just to be clear in the current situation unless Vern donates his 'damages' to a well deserving charity, any subsequent motive to pursue Musk could be viewed as not recovering tarnished reputation but cash!!

Verns solicitor did make Musk an offer :

Retract the allegations and face no further legal action .

Which shows that Vern just wants to clear his name 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Verns solicitor did make Musk an offer :

Retract the allegations and face no further legal action .

Which shows that Vern just wants to clear his name 

That's ok then, based on your input, we can expect see a large charitable donation from Vern to benefit some well deserving cause. Excellent. Something good may yet come out of this!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

No it wouldn't.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

No it wouldn't.

I see there is a guy hauled before the BIB in Pattaya, accused of all sorts by an ex girlfriend........

Please explain why the Vern TVisa supporters of legal action are not all over that thread encouraging him to sue for millions

Could it be she is unlikely to have money to meet such an action!

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I see there is a guy hauled before the BIB in Pattaya, accused of all sorts by an ex girlfriend........

Please explain why the Vern TVisa supporters of legal action are not all over that thread encouraging him to sue for millions

First I have heard of it.

IMHO it is not the same thing at all unless the girlfriend spread it all over Facebook and the social media worldwide in which case it will be interesting to see the results.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

First I have heard of it.

IMHO it is not the same thing at all unless the girlfriend spread it all over Facebook and the social media worldwide in which case it will be interesting to see the results.

You mean like Vern did with stick it up your.... CNN presentation?

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

You mean like Vern did with stick it up your.... CNN presentation?

Not in the slightest.

Musk started about the pedo bit on the social media, deleted it as his company got on his back, sent it to Buzzfeed asking for it to be "off the record" which they refused aand it has gone downhill from there.

Now what has the ex girfriend in Pattaya accused the guy of?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Not in the slightest.

Musk started about the pedo bit on the social media, deleted it as his company got on his back, sent it to Buzzfeed asking for it to be "off the record" which they refused aand it has gone downhill from there.

Now what has the ex girfriend in Pattaya accused the guy of?

Her accusations appear to be of no consequence Bill.....as I said she has no money....

28 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I see there is a guy hauled before the BIB in Pattaya, accused of all sorts by an ex girlfriend........Please explain why the Vern TVisa supporters of legal action are not all over that thread encouraging him to sue for millions

Some posters have called for the woman to be punished, if it turns out that she was lying .

The Woman also made the allegations to the Police and the media reported those allegations , She (and he ) are also not famous public figures and the allegations were not made on social media and there will also be a Court case for them to sort out who was lying .

They will have a Court case ,as will Musk & Vern

39 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Although I havent seen many (if any)TV posters encouraging Vern to "sue for millions" , generally, they would like Vern to clear his and all our names , after Musk questioned why a Westerner would want to live in Thailand , unless they were a pedo

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Some posters have called for the woman to be punished, if it turns out that she was lying .

The Woman also made the allegations to the Police and the media reported those allegations , She (and he ) are also not famous public figures and the allegations were not made on social media and there will also be a Court case for them to sort out who was lying .

They will have a Court case ,as will Musk & Vern

A court case, you sure about that.....for now Vern is having his case brought to the courts

Just now, sanemax said:

Although I havent seen many (if any)TV posters encouraging Vern to "sue for millions" , generally, they would like Vern to clear his and all our names , after Musk questioned why a Westerner would want to live in Thailand , unless they were a pedo

You should learn to look at these cases without emotion, Musk had a tantrum, you guys want to play the victim go ahead. I will see no change in my situation due to his comments in response to an attempted put down by a big mouth that went wrong!

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

generally, they would like Vern to clear his and all our names , after Musk questioned why a Westerner would want to live in Thailand , unless they were a pedo

maybe you should contact Vern and offer him support in covering the legal costs, if that is so important to you.

A court case, you sure about that.....for now Vern is having his case brought to the courts

You should learn to look at these cases without emotion, Musk had a tantrum, you guys want to play the victim go ahead. I will see no change in my situation due to his comments in response to an attempted put down by a big mouth that went wrong!

Yes, I m quire sure both cases will end up in Court .

All it would have taken would be for Musk to retract the allegation , but no, he persists with the allegation and it will take a Court case to prove his allegation was either false or correct 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I m quire sure both cases will end up in Court .

All it would have taken would be for Musk to retract the allegation , but no, he persists with the allegation and it will take a Court case to prove his allegation was either false or correct 

Musk did apologise, (by coercion perhaps) at that moment Vern had the opportunity to totally defuse the situation by admitting his remarks however accurate regarding the sub were also a little too explicit and out of order thus also making apology.....did I miss that CNN broadcast, perhaps you could upload it for me?

Also Vern would have needed to apologise to the Musk team for calling their generous, charitable effort, in times of great uncertainty in the rescue process, a 'publicity stunt' I must have missed that as well if you would dig that out for me please.

I did note however Verns mother making comment the media also, no need to repost that.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Musk did apologise, (by coercion perhaps) at that moment Vern had the opportunity to totally defuse the situation by admitting his remarks however accurate regarding the sub were also a little too explicit and out of order thus also making apology.....did I miss that CNN broadcast, perhaps you could upload it for me?

Also Vern would have needed to apologise to the Musk team for calling their generous, charitable effort, in times of great uncertainty in the rescue process, a 'publicity stunt' I must have missed that as well if you would dig that out for me please.

I did note however Verns mother making comment the media also, no need to repost that.

Thank you

If Vern feels that Musks involvement was a publicity stunt , then thats his opinion and therefore an apology isnt necessary .

Although Musk did apologise for his outburst , he never retracted the allegation .

Not only did Musk not retract the allegation , he went onto repeat the allegation and make further allegations 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If Vern feels that Musks involvement was a publicity stunt , then thats his opinion and therefore an apology isnt necessary .

Although Musk did apologise for his outburst , he never retracted the allegation .

Not only did Musk not retract the allegation , he went onto repeat the allegation and make further allegations 

When Vern announces it to the world in the manner he did rather becomes more than an opinion don't you think?

Alternatively Musk was also just voicing an opinion, but at least when was informed his comment had caused offence he did offer an apology - was it ever accepted? in a gracious manner? and reciprocated?

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, it was an opinion and its still his opinion , he has no need to apologise for an opinion .

Musk wasnt giving an opinion , he made a direct allegation of a criminal offence .

Musk didnt retract his allegation and therefore the apology wasnt accepted 

Correct, and Musk stoked the fire even further with follow up comments reinforcing  and expanding on the original allegations. 

• Like 2

Sorry guys if you cannot entertain the fact that Vern was the initial cause for the retaliation, that he has declined to acknowledge his actions and no apology for his comments forth coming, that in turn has perpetuated this whole circus......

There is nothing more to contribute

I will leave it to the courts to decide if the arrogant comments and insinuations from one man,  in a public interview on CNN led to a retort he didn't appreciate!!

Sorry guys if you cannot entertain the fact that Vern was the initial cause for the retaliation, that he has declined to acknowledge his actions and no apology for his comments forth coming, that in turn has perpetuated this whole circus......

I will leave it to the courts to decide if the arrogant comments and insinuations from one man,  in a public interview on CNN led to a retort he didn't appreciate!!

There is no doubt that Musks replies were replies to Verns posts .

Verns post were just a bit brash , even rude .

Even so, Vern may have apologized had Musk not gone onto make the serious allegations .

But , there was no need for Vern to opologise for giving his opinion .

Musk is responsible for the content of his  own tweets , Vern isnt responsible for Musks tweets .

Even though it was Verns tweets that caused the reply, it is the content of the reply that is the issue

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Surely Musk would have sued if he had a problem with what Vern said ?

• Like 1