French chef - no helmet, been drinking, unfamiliar with road - dies in Samui bike smash

webfact

French chef - no helmet, been drinking, unfamiliar with road - dies in Samui bike smash

1PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A French chef who had just arrived on Koh Samui to open a restaurant was pronounced dead at the scene of a motorcycle accident this morning.

Philippe Maurice Fumoux, 53, came off his Yamaha N-Max on a bend in Maret sub-district on the ring road and collided with a power pole. 

He died instantly from head trauma still on his vehicle.

Friends on the scene said that he had arrived in Samui only recently to open a French restaurant with a relative who has a Thai wife. 

They said he liked to drink alcohol and had probably been drinking before the accident. This was coupled with the fact that he was not wearing a helmet and was unfamiliar with the road.

Police reported the incident and have informed the embassy. 

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-18

I've run out of compassion for the idiots who kill themselves on the roads. Just not there any more.

Did he have children? Were his "stupid genes" passed on or was this a bit of Darwinian culling?

No RIP: when you're dead, you're dead. No "rest". Game over

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

I've run out of compassion for the idiots who kill themselves on the roads. Just not there any more.

Did he have children? Were his "stupid genes" passed on or was this a bit of Darwinian culling?

No RIP: when you're dead, you're dead. No "rest". Game over

Obviously the "stupid genes" were passed onto you by your parents.

Or how else would anybody read such a completely stupid post ?

6 minutes ago, lazeeboy said:

When will people learn wear the f@u@c@king helmet it's the law .

whether the it's the law or not should be irrelevant, common sense says wear a helmet - especially in thailand and dont drink and drive/ride.

it is sad when some one dies but we have to be thankful no other road user or pedestrian was injured or killed.

....to quote someone who knew all too well...

...(ironically it was originally stated in French...)

.."Good intentions are worth !@#$%"....a variation.....'Good intentions come to a  !@#$%' end...

...am sure some Forum Members have experienced it themselves as well...

...as have I....

...'Try to do a good turn....end up !@#$%^&ed'...

...sad but true...

...and an extremely sad outcome in this case...

16 hours ago, brain150 said:

So driver was 1. drunk 2. riding without helmet 3. unfamiliar with road 4. night time (not mentioned) 5. riding in Thailand 6. he hit a power pole, so all his fault

That ticks the stupid boxes in most peoples list I would hope.

I've been living here 18 years, started comin in 82. I have plenty of empathy for those killed by others stupidity.

When you're dead you are dead. No valid evidence to the contrary. It is no "rest".

When you accuse me of being stupid, please back it up with some sort of reasoning rather than just a cheap insult

On 9/18/2018 at 4:36 AM, brain150 said:

Why are you so harsh on him/her? 

Yes, it is  unfortunate that a person has died. I doubt anyone wants to have such a fatality or the survivor grief that accompanies it. However,  speeding drunks have a high likelihood of killing and injuring others. It was only a matter of time before he injured or killed an innocent party. The deceased made the choice to drink and drive, to speed and to not wear a helmet. Don't demand that people cry crocodile tears for selfish people like this. The man is dead because of his own  free will and poor choices. This death may have saved other lives and avoid the suffering of innocents. The person you condemn is not a hypocrite and expressed a reasonable sentiment.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:24 PM, huberthammer said:

"Probably been drinking alcohol" so let's not jump the gun just yet.

RIP  fellow

yes , you are right .......an alcoholic ,just came out of a restaurant,no helmet......yep, he

could have been sober, sorry for my quick reaction.

16 hours ago, lucjoker said:

yes , you are right .......an alcoholic ,just came out of a restaurant,no helmet......yep, he

could have been sober, sorry for my quick reaction.

oh so now he was an alcoholic as well?  no helmet meaning you have been drinking?  your slower reaction is even worse. 

24 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

oh so now he was an alcoholic as well?  no helmet meaning you have been drinking?  your slower reaction is even worse. 

I don't know if he was a alky or even if he had been drinking, what I do know though is that he was the architect of his own death

Some might say he cooked his own goose

Archived