Video: New Zealander collides with Thai motorcyclist going the wrong way on bridge in Rayong

webfact

Video: New Zealander collides with Thai motorcyclist going the wrong way on bridge in Rayong

rayong.jpg

video screen shot

A dash cam video from the car of a New Zealander driving in Rayong showed the moment he collided with a Thai motorcyclist going the wrong way in the right lane on a bridge.

The 28 year old motorcyclist was killed. He was named as a local employee called Worawut. 

Thai Rath said that he was trying to save time by going the wrong way. 

The New Zealand driver - in a Mitsubishi Space Wagon - was not named but was said to be 40 years old. 

The family of the dead motorcyclist do not intend to pursue the case. 

The presenters warned the public that such "time saving" could result in death. 

No mention was made of compensation in the case or the fate of the New Zealander. 

He had told police that after going over the brow of the hill he could not brake in time to avoid the motorcyclist.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-18

Not your fault,but all your fault for being in Thailand.if you not in Thailand  my husband brother be still alive.just as well the dash cam was they to show the accident.they will  be knocking on your door for money soon enough.he was wearing a helmet at lest

Edited by bristolgeoff
Miss a it
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

How do those idiots survive such a long time until they can drive (?) a vehicle.

I would think they killed themselves much earlier : falling out of a tree, drowning in a shallow pond , falling off the back of a motorcycle, eating poison, be run over by the uncle ,

.......it seems Buddha is really taking care of the most stupid ?

The guy in the video : was wearing a helmet ....this proves a helmet can not save your life ,if there is no active brain inside it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Another life lost due to stupidity, the motorcyclist was 100% at fault.

What was he doing riding in the fast lane against oncoming traffic?

The dead mans family are not pursuing the case, it would be pointless anyway.

Probably would not be pointless. Blame is not an issue when a farang is involved. If the NZ guy was not in Thailand, it would not have happened!.   No doubt the police will extract money somehow!

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Lowryderen said:

But he was being undertaken by that black car right before the crash. If I had a car undertaking me on the left, no matter if it was in first or second lane I would wait for it to pass before changing my lane.. Just in case, and my focus would be partly in the mirrors. Anyway it also take a moment to realize that the motorbike is actually driving towards you, and not in the same direction as you.

I'm not saying the bike was in the right, but the Kiwi seemed to be traveling pretty fast and could see the motorcycle for quite some time. He should have seen him coming, slowed down and moved over. Again the bike was in the wrong, but I think enough time was available for evasive action to have been taken..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

First of all R.I.P to a fellow biker.

I don't know whether this is pure laziness on the part of Thai's,but this behavior can be witnessed throughout the kingdom.They behave as if they're in a real hurry,like the worlds coming to an end today.

Feel sorry for the New Zealander he must be in a right state.