Vernon Unsworth – who is the Thai cave rescue diver suing Elon Musk for calling him 'paedo guy'?

webfact

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Stanton asked Musk about a week after they went missing. July 4th Musk responded and July 6th he sent engineers to Thailand.

I'd do some basic research if I were you. Unsworth, who never took part in the rescue, then proceeded to insult this offer of help. Foolishly Musk retaliated.

I don't know about basic research, BobBKK, but I did read ALL the daily reports, here and on BP, as they came in and throughout the 3wks of activity. None of the details mentioned above were in these 'official' media reports. Maybe it would help if you at least quoted your source, assuming you have one, other than hearsay.

Hero's build others up, not tear them down. Elon stole some of Vern's thunder and he didn't like it. His comments toward Elons efforts partially cancel out his "hero" status and to me paint him as a virtue signaling phony. Yes he helped in the rescue, but to what end. He basically said Musks involvement was just to get attention. He is  attention seeking and trying to show how important he is. I guess it takes one to know one. What kind of true hero says basically, "your efforts were shit, go kick rocks kid" . Come on man, dudes a hypocrite. Thanks for the help, but it's over now. The real hero's are those kids and their coach. Don't forget that Vern, Elon.....that is   nuff said kid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Meanwhile back at the ranch Elon Musk tweets have prompted a criminal probe by the Federal Justice Department. The man seems to be losing his marbles and is staring down a $10.7 debt while the share price of Tesla is dropping like a stone.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elon-musk-tesla-doj-criminal-probe-tweet_us_5ba12148e4b013b0977f8b55

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thian said:

These 2 give all of us westerners a bad name in Thailand....why do they have to act like brats?

No. People that spread rumours about Thailand do. Farangs' reputation as "dirty old men" is only a consequence from such rumours. And as these rumours are spread by media today, Elon Musk should at least apologize in public. 

The saying in the West that there are only "prostitutes, ladyboys and children sex" in Thailand must stop. 

Good to see that at least one Farang in this country stands firm.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Meanwhile back at the ranch Elon Musk tweets have prompted a criminal probe by the Federal Justice Department. The man seems to be losing his marbles and is staring down a $10.7 debt while the share price of Tesla is dropping like a stone.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elon-musk-tesla-doj-criminal-probe-tweet_us_5ba12148e4b013b0977f8b55

David Stockman and a few other big names are betting that Tesla is going down to zero!

Tesla is the pet.com of this decade...

50 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

There's a saying: there is no smoke without fire.

Yet, when it comes to Elon Musk, the saying goes like this: there is no smoke without dope.

Even if there are certain cases of "fire" in Thailand, that still gives nobody the right to exaggerate and generalize in public. 

This propaganda method is exactly what the Nazis in Germany used to get rid of 6 million Jews. 

Dope and trance caused by dope is no excuse to lose control over yourself. 

Edited by micmichd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Prometheus33 said:

That's right, just US$ 75 000/= PLUS AN UNSPECIFIED AMOUNT AS "DAMAGES" !!

Hopefully $1.00. No one believes Unsworth is a pedophile. It's only posters on TVF who believe that others think we are pedos or sexpats for living in Thailand. His reputation hasn't been hurt. In fact, how many posters really knew him before this incident at the cave. And if he hadn't opened his arrogant big mouth on CNN, this wouldn't have happened and life would have just gone on.

So because they are both stupid men who should have kept their mouth shut, they can both pay their own legal fees, too.

Now lets get back to discussing another non-issue "Was Knight's cartoon sexist / racist?"

4 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Hopefully $1.00. No one believes Unsworth is a pedophile. It's only posters on TVF who believe that others think we are pedos or sexpats for living in Thailand. His reputation hasn't been hurt. In fact, how many posters really knew him before this incident at the cave. And if he hadn't opened his arrogant big mouth on CNN, this wouldn't have happened and life would have just gone on.

So because they are both stupid men who should have kept their mouth shut, they can both pay their own legal fees, too.

Now lets get back to discussing another non-issue "Was Knight's cartoon sexist / racist?"

Start another thread....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Disagree.

People believe what they're told in the media. 

It's not the ones that are directly concerned (they know it better) but those who listen to the media. 

How can Thailand ever get quality tourists when everyone in the West is told that the country is like Sodom and Gomorrah?

The media is the place where this happened, and the media is the place where it should be solved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It`s not the money, Vernon is suing to protect his good name and reputation.

Regarding Elephant Musk, he is just echoing the opinions of those in western countries, that middle aged and elderly western males retiring in Thailand must be of dubious characters. 

Vernon Unsworth performed a miracle and now we have an a/hole trying to discredit him.
What did Vern do that was heroic?
All he did was give experience of his previous adventures into the cave. He didn't put scuba gear on and enter the cave.

Hero's are the ones that went in. Not pontificating outside.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sebastion said:

All he did was give experience of his previous adventures into the cave. He didn't put scuba gear on and enter the cave.

I thought Vern found the kids..Do you know different..?

4 minutes ago, sup3r1or said:

I have read on BBC he is seeking something like 67,000 pounds and also some amount for damages.  Why so little?

Maybe the "low" amount is to show that he is more interested of to show that he is clean than of the money.

14 minutes ago, sebastion said:

This is not a case about a cave in Chiang Rai. It is a case of worldwide defamation in and from the U.S.A., as just an example for the worldwide defamation of Thailand by and from the Western yellow press. 

Unsworth basically told Musk his submarine was useless, which was true. He told him where he could shove it, which was inflammatory. Musk then directly referred to Unsworth as a pedophile, which was untrue and defamatory.

IMHO it's a good thing for people in powerful positions to be reminded occasionally they are not above the law.

Alan Jones in Australia now has $3.4 million in reasons to remind him of his legal obligations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sebastion said:

No he did not. That was the other U.K team that flew over and later joined by the two Australians that got them out.
Verne just knew the caves and helped the Thais before the experts arrived.
He didn't go into the cave, he isn't a diver with rescue expertise.

he wrote the names on a piece of paper to be passed out whilst in the cave of the british rescuers and said they need to get them over here to help. they would ultimately be crucial in locating the team.

had he not known the names and expertise of those rescuers and had them contacted as soon as he did we may have had a very different outcome so do tell me how some on here think he deserves no credit ?

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 2