Blue housebook - blue tabien baan

12 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I have a condo and  yellow book for the past 3 yrs but never heard about the pink card, can you please, provide more details, where and how to apply, thanks

It's available from the same Amphoe who issued your Yellow Tabien Baan.

Go back with your book and ask for a Thai ID card for foreigners.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You apply for it at the Amphoe where you got your yellow house book. It should not require anything more than your house books and passport to apply for it. It can vary by Amphoe so best to ask them what they require.

Here is a pic of one.

image.png.b6cf1e8068dfdf6d1a7285789ceb88cc.pngThanks for the info, appreciated. Have a good one

• Like 1

21 hours ago, glegolo said:

I read these posts where people actually brag about NOT having a yellow book or a ID-card. EVEN if it is not life-threatening NOT to have a yellow house-book, it is so much easier to actually have one.

You prove you address at immigration, you prove your address at the bank when applying for new accounts, you prove your address when applying for driver-license and so on...

I can not see any bad in all that.... But I agree to live a life here with just walking around in Pattaya and other tourist-places and not actually doing anyting at all besides drinking beer, then I agree stay home, dont get a housebook or a ID-card.. You will probably survive anyhow....

There's nothing bad about having those things and there's certainly no bragging involved! The point is that those things don't make life easier or more simple and as such, they are, in my opinion, unnecessary trimmings - all of the items you mention are one off events, some of which that have a renewal at some future point....drivers license don't require address proof at renewal, bank accounts get opened and typically remain open and immigration gets a copy of my (reverse side) chanotte to prove the address.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simoh1490 said:

There's nothing bad about having those things and there's certainly no bragging involved! The point is that those things don't make life easier or more simple and as such, they are, in my opinion, unnecessary trimmings - all of the items you mention are one off events, some of which that have a renewal at some future point....drivers license don't require address proof at renewal, bank accounts get opened and typically remain open and immigration gets a copy of my (reverse side) chanotte to prove the address.

It would be far better and more convenient to show immigration your house book.

Your chanotte should always be kept in a safe place, to take it here and there is a big risk.

The blue book the developer hands you when you buy a condo could be useful, if you want apply for a yellow book. But, if you don’t have one, you can apply anyway with the title deed in you name or a form signed by the owner confirming you have permission to stay there. The same applies for a house that you rent as a foreigner. I got a blue book as “householder” for a house with PR but without Thai nationality.

There is a BORA regulation requiring district offices to issue ID cards to people residing in their districts in the same way as they are required to issue yellow books. The only card they have available is the pink card designed for stateless persons which says on the back that you are not allowed to travel out of your district without permission. It is also issued to documented migrant laborers but police now demand to see their passports and visas as well which probably applies to farangs too, as police can’t see from the pink card in f you still have a valid visa. I am told that banks accept the pink card as ID and it can be used on domestic flights and in some pother circumstances. I never got one because a friend told me our district office was refusing to issue them other than to migrant laborers. Then I got the blue one which I like better.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Are you saying you like the Bluebook better than ID card?

You won't have your name in the Blue Book.

He had permanent residency before which allows a persons name to be entered in the blue book.

He meant the blue Thai ID card he has since he has Thai citizenship after going through the process of applying for it.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, VYCM said:

It would be far better and more convenient to show immigration your house book.

Your chanotte should always be kept in a safe place, to take it here and there is a big risk.

Thanks mum but I take copies which are readily accepted.

12 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I have the Big Yellow Card with my name in it in Thai, I also have The Blue Book with the previous owners and her children name in it - they are not listed any longer but I have been told to keep the Blue Book as it is still an official document concerning the Condo, useless, but evidently important.  

Since you have it, you may as well keep it to pass on to the buyers, if you ever sell.  As mentioned, I was not given the blue book for my house with the previous owners' family in it.  I just went to the district office to apply for a blue book as a PR.  They sent me off with a list of documents they needed, including permission to stay in the house from the owner and asked me to get a transfer document from my previous district office. When I returned with the required documents they issued a blue book on the spot without ever asking for the previous blue book for the house.  So I conclude it is not necessary and anyway it clearly does not denote either ownership or permission to stay at that address.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arkady said:

The blue book the developer hands you when you buy a condo could be useful, if you want apply for a yellow book. But, if you don’t have one, you can apply anyway with the title deed in you name or a form signed by the owner confirming you have permission to stay there. 

It may seem logical that the title deed (Chanote) in your name is the required document but in fact it is the Sale and Purchase agreement issued by the Land Dept. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/20/2018 at 7:01 AM, ubonjoe said:

A condo owner can a have a blue house book and then obtain a yellow house book based upon the blue one so that they have proof of residence if needed. And a pink ID card as well.

hello, so the step is to get the blue house book first ? then apply for yellow house book ? is it done at the same place ? do you know where around Pattaya ?

50 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

hello, so the step is to get the blue house book first ? then apply for yellow house book ? is it done at the same place ?

Yes to all your questions.

50 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

do you know where around Pattaya ?

Pattaya city hall or the Banglamung amphoe dependent upon where the condo is located.

37 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

hello, so the step is to get the blue house book first ? then apply for yellow house book ? is it done at the same place ? do you know where around Pattaya ?

The Blue book belongs to the property, so when purchasing the lawyer dealing with the purchase should obtain this on your behalf. As a foreigner, you cannot be named in a blue book unless you have PR status.

The Yellow book denotes a foreign registered as living at the property and you are named in that book.

• Like 1

The fact that property developers give buyers a blue tabian baan book for new condos or houses simply denotes that the developer has properly registered these units and obtained house numbers for them, so that those entitled to be in a blue book can register themselves at their new address, if they wish to, without hassle. The fact that they get a blue book with a new condo creates a mystic for foreign buyers who don't understand the system and think the blue book has greater significance than mentioned above. You can throw that book in the trash, if you want, and, if you are entitled to a blue book and go to the district office with the right documents, they will issue a new blue book in a few minutes without asking for the one provided by the developer. However, if you take along the book you received from the developer, you can save the 100 baht fee for a new book. If your book gets messy with hand written corrections, as mine once did, due to weird stuff like changing my nationality from English to British and then to Thai and changing my parents nationality incorrectly stated as stateless to their real nationalities, you can pay the fee and be issued a brand new book.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Do you? I understood that you don't need a blue book at all.

You have no choice. When you buy a new condo, you get it whether you want it or not. It is the official assignment of an address to the dwelling in question.