apply for non-o M (thai spouse) or extension?

Currently on a Non-O M based on my Thai wife, on my last entry stamp that expires early December.

I have a work permit from a Thai school. I also have income from the USA. Neither of them are over 40k/month, but COMBINED they over 40k/month.

400k in bank is not an option. It is my understanding that the income needs to 'either/or', not 'and'... correct?

I am a US citizen. Do not want to get a Non-b.

Should I try and get the income affidavit from US consulate and apply for the 1-year extension at immigration or should I just go and get another Non-O multiple in Savannakhet or HCMC? I went into Immigration last week to update my address after a weekend away and the officer, for the first time ever, gave me a hard time about having a Non-O M spouse as well as having a work permit. I know that I am allowed to have both but she was questioning how I got the Non-O M w/o showing finances.

Thanks.

Edited by homemade514
adding more info

Immigration will not normally accept a combination of income from working here and foreign earned income proven by a income document from an embassy but there is no written rule that say it cannot be done. You could check with you local immigration office to find out if it would be accepted.

You might be able to include your income from outside the country when you complete your tax return (PND 90 or 91) to reach an annual income of at least 480k baht. You would need proof you are bringing the funds into the country by showing your bank book.

If you decided to try paying taxes on your income from outside the country you could apply for a 60 day extension of your current entry and then the one year extension. 

There is no rule that says you cannot continue to use the multiple entry non-o visa to stay here.