Young Thai woman makes shock discovery after deciding to finish with French husband

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the girl sucked him dry of money and he spent it all , he felt only solution was to kill himself. 

Only speculations of course. 

Anyway , anyone who are mentally unstable and suicidal should seek professional help , unfortunately Thailand does not offer much help for foreigners. 

RIP 

7 hours ago, OnTheRun said:

I've had 2 mate and there isnt gonna be another but as you say you get up and dust yourself down. Thing is that doesnt work for everyone, who knows the mental situation of the French guy, this may just have pushed him over the edge. 

RIP to the guy.

You should have married a good Catholic girl.

7 hours ago, loll said:

People are different from one another.The fact that you are a strong person who can get over shocks easily does not mean that every body else can.The poor fellow must have loved her so much that he did not even want to live without her.Unlike you,she was not to him something he could simply"dust away" as you put it.As a man over 40 myself,I can understand the pressure you are under when your love is only 23 and so beautiful.A very pretty 23 years old girl like her must be chased all the time by young guys.This puts her 45 years old man under constant threat.R.I.P,Oliver.I hope this will a lesson for every one,think twice before marrying a girl 22 years younger than you,especially if you two come from different cultural back grounds.The clash is bound to happen one day,with very very few cases as exceptions.

What!!. How do you know I am a strong person, you have absolutely no idea of the circumstances of the demise of my marriages. I was CRUSHED beyond belief, especially the  the second one was the mother of my 3 children but we split because I was working so many hours to keep the family in clothes and shoes she found someone else who did not work so many hours and had a bigger car and a bigger bank balance, do you know what it's like to loose your family?  Yes I was SMASHED , but I had to keep going to support the children who hardly saw me anymore. Everything you worked 7 days a week for.....gone in a second. But what relevance is this to this thread, none , which is why I said nothing about my circumstances until YOU brought them up

2 hours ago, balo said:

Maybe the girl sucked him dry of money and he spent it all , he felt only solution was to kill himself. 

Only speculations of course. 

Anyway , anyone who are mentally unstable and suicidal should seek professional help , unfortunately Thailand does not offer much help for foreigners. 

RIP 

Sadly I had a friend who did this in his bedroom, terrible loss of a great friend, apparently he had run out of funds after quite a long time in LOS and the GF kept on borrowing, even after he passed away his assets had disappeared mysteriously.

She 23, he 45 - the writing is on the wall. It is difficult enough if she's 40 and he is 60 but a 23 year old woman has expectations which a 45 year old has seen, experienced or consumed already.

To top it off he might have been too sensitive too. And, as the saying goes, Thailand is not particularly well known for being a country with sensitivity and stability - as far as humanity is concerned. 

Just now, elgenon said:

I remember David Carridine committed suicide by hanging with his hands tied behind his back.

Oh the logistics of it.

many people do. stops them struggling so in theory would make it quicker. those saying you can't tie your hands behind your back and hang yourself. well, don't try it but it's not difficult to do

12 hours ago, SteveInBKKandMAUI said:

So sad to hear again.  Yea, had three wives and still good friends with all of them.  Never worth doing something like this.

I WONDER.   I just wonder if the guy's "intent" is too cause extreme anguish and hurt to his wife, so he does this to her.  Is he doing this for himself?   Perhaps, but I often wonder if he's so angry and upset and somewhat "humiliated" about a public divorce, that he wants to hurt the woman in the only way he can.

Just wondering.  Never quite understood suicide.

Exactly. This man had a "she'll be sorry" moment, in the brief time before he choked out forever.

The young woman needs counselling and acceptance that whatever HE did was HIS responsibility and his death is not on her, it's on him. As so many posters say (because they're alive) they went through awful moments with spouses and ex-spouses. So has pretty well everybody. It's too bad this man took his life, perhaps if he'd had some help he wouldn't have. But he did and it is NOT his girlfriend's fault, or anyone's fault but his own.

I think this is a case where many of the most popular religions have it right, by the way. They forbid suicide and it's a "mortal sin" or the equivalent. Many of them won't even allow the burial of a suicide in their official cemeteries. I wouldn't dare to argue whether it's weak or strong to commit suicide, but it's certainly wrong, and I hope very strongly that this Thai woman is strong enough to wipe every shred of blame from herself over it, and then move on.

The suicide wants her to be sorry. But she shouldn't be.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:44 PM, Happy enough said:

so there aren't people in mixed relationships who both have plenty of money but still argue over other stuff? examples of which there are countless. but it's good to know the facts now as i was unaware. your whole post has enlightened me

...TiT don’t be naive or gullible even... money keeps Thai women happy nothing else!

Ok, I want to clear the air about this story....first : no foulplay 2: his girlfriend was not a bargirl 3: he had a 17 yo boy and a 2 yo baby girl 4: he thought about to do this for a few weeks already,and not about money 5: he was just lost for love for his boy and his baby girl...

RIP Oliver, sorry I didn't help you more in these difficult time....love you,wherever you are...

7 hours ago, NEO The One said:

Ok, I want to clear the air about this story....first : no foulplay 2: his girlfriend was not a bargirl 3: he had a 17 yo boy and a 2 yo baby girl 4: he thought about to do this for a few weeks already,and not about money 5: he was just lost for love for his boy and his baby girl...

RIP Oliver, sorry I didn't help you more in these difficult time....love you,wherever you are...

Thanks for this insight. However the article said she was the wife, not the girlfriend.

What do you mean "lost for love"? The 17yo boy obviously was not her son and should not have been "lost" to him. Maybe he thought of losing the 2yo baby, but they hadn't even begun to live apart, most men in the same situation would want to support her and see her grow up even if she was with her mother.

It seems that, as you imply, the guy needed some serious help. RIP.

6 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Thanks for this insight. However the article said she was the wife, not the girlfriend.

What do you mean "lost for love"? The 17yo boy obviously was not her son and should not have been "lost" to him. Maybe he thought of losing the 2yo baby, but they hadn't even begun to live apart, most men in the same situation would want to support her and see her grow up even if she was with her mother.

It seems that, as you imply, the guy needed some serious help. RIP.

Oliver was my friend for 21 years....so if I say that it's his gf,I do know well....he was scarred that is son will be out at 18...he wanted his gf to get out,but she wanted to take his baby girl with her,it lasted more than 1 year up to his demise....RIP

On 9/28/2018 at 8:01 AM, NEO The One said:

Oliver was my friend for 21 years....so if I say that it's his gf,I do know well....he was scarred that is son will be out at 18...he wanted his gf to get out,but she wanted to take his baby girl with her,it lasted more than 1 year up to his demise....RIP

Sorry to bother you, is the French guy Oliver who used to live in Ban Phe? The guy who ran a bar opposite the TEFL training centre? Same Oliver? Thank you in advance.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, ThaiPauly said:

I am not proud to say I have had three failed marriages but not one of them was worth taking my own life over when it ended. You get up dust yourself down and move on to the next one.

The guy must have had some serious issues.

Feel sorry for his family back in France, and it must have been a real shock for his wife finding him like that, that's the stuff of nightmares

RIP Fella

Consider that it may not have been the breakup of the marriage that caused his suicide, but the consequences of it. After my marriage ended, I had to leave Thailand, and I can imagine that for some the thought of either leaving LOS, or having to go back to the home country is enough to want to end it.

Archived