Unlimited Bacon

TonyClifton

Would that be 3 to 4 pounds, or 1.36 kg to 1.8 kg to the rest of us in the real world, in between two slices of bread with an egg, or would you be wanting the whole loaf for that amount  of bacon ? If so why would you want to skimp and have only 1 egg where you really need a dozen ?  Cheap skate or what ?

3 minutes ago, fanjita said:

You have a large extended family, I see.  Maybe you should consider rearing sucklings for such a mammoth breakfast. 

Not at all.  The GF is Muslim so she won't eat bacon.  I always end up eating 4 pounds of bacon with some watermelon.  You still have to eat healthily.

5 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

No one has suggested a place.  Make sure they have tomato juice, I love to wash down the bacon with something equally healthy.

Well fried bacon, around 1.5 kg of it is certainly healthy.  Have you tried an equally healthy quart of  lard and hot dripping drink to flush it down with ?

1 minute ago, Esso49 said:

Well fried bacon, around 1.5 kg of it is certainly healthy.  Have you tried an equally healthy quart of  lard and hot dripping drink to flush it down with ?

4 pounds of bacon equates to about 2 pounds of cooked bacon.  Bacon is the gold standard of breakfast meat as you are probably aware. I also enjoy cheeses and olives.  Good coffee would be a plus.

5 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

4 pounds of bacon equates to about 2 pounds of cooked bacon.  Bacon is the gold standard of breakfast meat as you are probably aware. I also enjoy cheeses and olives.  Good coffee would be a plus.

Don't make a pig of yourself ?

11 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

"Bacon is the gold standard of breakfast meat as you are probably aware".

Maybe where you come from...

Just now, TonyClifton said:

I only pick the well done slices, reducing the fat consumed.  

2 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

I only pick the well done slices, reducing the fat consumed.  

Good you are choosy as it is best to limit it to less than 1 kg of fat at one sitting to remain healthy

2 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Good you are choosy as it is best to limit it to less than 1 kg of fat at one sitting to remain healthy

Most of the fat cooks off.  It's always best to blot the remaining fat with a paper towel.  

C'mon, no suggestions yet?  Someone must love bacon as much as I do!

3 minutes ago, champers said:

So you pile all the mornings bacon onto your plate. Are you by any chance Chinese?

Funny you should mention the Chinese.  The last time I availed myself of all you can eat bacon was in Vietnam, and I remember having to almost slug it out with an elderly Chinese woman who was incredibly strong for her age.

3 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Funny you should mention the Chinese.  The last time I availed myself of all you can eat bacon was in Vietnam, and I remember having to almost slug it out with an elderly Chinese woman who was incredibly strong for her age.

Fighting to get first slice of the Vietnamese pig were you ? ?

2 minutes ago, Thian said:

At Sizzlers you can bring the salad home and scoop it yourself...i've seen Thai filling their box half full with bacon chips, she just poured the baconbowl in her box and paid 139? baht for her salad.

you mean like pigs at a trough. Just a bunch of uncouth oinks

What is your description of "bacon".?

Because here it could be many things.  Sliced and longer with fat on, Canadian bacon style, or slices of packaged ham.

The comment that most have" bacon" may be true.   Not in the sense of what I consider bacon which is long thin strips crispy with meat and fat.  Most of the hotels do not have that except the higher end ones like the Marriott or Sheraton.  The others will have the cheaper thin packaged type which I would call ham not bacon.

th.jpg

My fist wife was a Catholic; she liked her bacon raw (carefully cutting of any fat).

Second wife was Muslim. We never ate pork.

Third wife was a Christian; she liked it crispy.

My last wife; a Buddhist eats pork but not beef.

3 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Any suggestions for a breakfast buffet serving bacon? I'm in need of 3 or 4 pounds of cooked bacon with a scrambled egg thrown in for a breather.

Must be a new diet? cook the scrambled eggs with olive oil will make it a nice n healthy tasty treat?

44 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

You could try Bennies Bean and Bacon Buffet - located on Bangkok's Upper Bowwel Street; however, the mandatory gas masks turn the consumption of mass quantities of deceased pig in to quite a challenging endeavor that can turn an unwary guy into a dummy.

gg1938w__1__.jpg

And that sir is the funniest thing I have read and seen since Johnny English

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

"Bacon is the gold standard of breakfast meat as you are probably aware".

Maybe where you come from...

Thai sales lady at the Fresh Mart chased me around the other day with a package of "Canadian" bacon on sale..."Canada! Canada! You like! Good price!"

Archived