Prayut still top choice for PM, poll finds

webfact

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What the poll didn't tell you is that the percentage of top choice for PM is that he is on the decline. The last poll, he was in the 32+%. Other notable details are that Thanathorn overtake Ahbisit in the 3rd top choice. Rest are consistent with previous. Anyway, the poll is better left to be believed. 

Well spotted EL . . . you weren't an analyst in your other life, by any chance?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What the poll didn't tell you is that the percentage of top choice for PM is that he is on the decline. The last poll, he was in the 32+%. Other notable details are that Thanathorn overtake Ahbisit in the 3rd top choice. Rest are consistent with previous. Anyway, the poll is better left to be believed. 

What do you exactly mean with left to be believed ? Do you mean its credible ? Because if this is true then it would mean a huge loss for the PTP..  Because 28.8 is a lot lower then they ever scored.. I am not so sure about that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In three prior Nida surveys, Prayut always came first among the same group of possible candidates.

Are they trying to show a crisis in Character and leadership in Thailand?  No poll is necessary for that.  Just read the news. 

The future forward party has promise as do those who criticize the junta.  If fairness plays out, than Thais will prosper. 

• Like 1

Well they could have polled Buriram which now might be the same as polling parts of Bangkok now they they have a promise for truck loads of free government money promised.. But what all these polls are is a demographic target to give the reply they want. 29.7% of what is still 29.7% of what? But next week they may say 35% and then in 1 month 40%, and then in 2 months around December a whopping 65% and the people would be no wiser except for saying wow, I'm going to vote for the winner. Who knows what the strategy is, but it will not be fair. 

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

What do you exactly mean with left to be believed ? Do you mean its credible ? Because if this is true then it would mean a huge loss for the PTP..  Because 28.8 is a lot lower then they ever scored.. I am not so sure about that. 

It will only be credible if you believe in it. Different poll have different results. Suan Dusit poll in June had PTP way in front at 55.02% and PPP way down 4th spot at 17.39%. Quick forward, PPP crept closer to PTP and shoot up to second spot. Not sure to laugh or be alarmed.  

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

It will only be credible if you believe in it. Different poll have different results. Suan Dusit poll in June had PTP way in front at 55.02% and PPP way down 4th spot at 17.39%. Quick forward, PPP crept closer to PTP and shoot up to second spot. Not sure to laugh or be alarmed.  

I disagree.. me believing in something won't make it more credible. Credibility is based on having enough respondents, a good cross section of the populace (main problem I think).

I won't speculate here and will wait for election results as those are the ultimate test. My opinion is that Thai polls like this are generally not trustworthy as they are used as a propaganda tool reflecting what the person who is in charge wants it to reflect.. by putting questions in a certain way ect ect. The other problem is that is hard to get a cross section of the Thai populace.

I believe poll tests in my country (can't say much about the rest of the world) is far more reliable as the institute that carries them out is more professional and less bias. In Thailand i would not trust them as much as back home and even there they are not always correct but often close.

• Like 1