Has Vachira started double tier pricing?

Sheryl

Or otherwise changed their fee structure?

I recently saw an invoice for care received by a farang resident of Phuket that looked more in line with private hospital billing practices (added on "hospital fee"what looks like excessive charge for minor medical supplies, and imported brand name meds given when there are local generics available etc). ,

As far as I know there has always been a double tier pricing. I had a friend spend about 4 days in there 2 years ago for a cancer issue. He died soon after. He did have a very nice private room off the chaos of the main ward. He told me the nursing care was shockingly bad and impersonal.

I assumed the high prices were due to the semi private nature of his care.  Much the same as the Patong Government hospital. 

Friend of mine was kept in comatose state for 2 months after he hurt himself. Another friend of mine, who was executive editor of Phuket News wanted to make a story about the abuses happening in Vachira, but was not allowed to run the story as the fiend number one didn't want the publicity. 

If I recall correctly, there were other similar cases happening in Vachira, prior this incident.

It's good if the practises of that hospital are given a proper overhaul. 

Archived